Page 1 of 2 12 LastLast
Results 1 to 20 of 21
  1. #1

    Join Date
    Aug 2009
    Posts
    747
    vCash
    500
    Rep Power
    310

    New Students for Yuka and Jason

    After the season is over, which singles skaters do you think should switch to Yuka and Jason? Also, what pair team would you send to Jason?

  2. #2

    Join Date
    Jan 2006
    Location
    Connecticut
    Posts
    1,938
    vCash
    500
    Rep Power
    852
    Quote Originally Posted by OrioleBeagle View Post
    After the season is over, which singles skaters do you think should switch to Yuka and Jason? Also, what pair team would you send to Jason?
    Not that they're doing badly at all(that's an understatement), but I think that Yuka and Jason could take Yankowskas and Coughlin to the next level.

  3. #3
    Registered User
    Join Date
    Dec 2004
    Location
    Miami, FL, USA
    Posts
    6,918
    vCash
    500
    Rep Power
    0
    Quote Originally Posted by sk9tingfan View Post
    Not that they're doing badly at all(that's an understatement), but I think that Yuka and Jason could take Yankowskas and Coughlin to the next level.
    How about MBM/RB? Nicks will retire at some point very soon.

  4. #4

    Join Date
    Feb 2006
    Location
    FSU Witness Protection Program
    Age
    26
    Posts
    28,061
    vCash
    500
    Rep Power
    31361
    Zawadzki!

  5. #5
    Registered User
    Join Date
    Aug 2004
    Posts
    9,802
    vCash
    500
    Rep Power
    0
    Quote Originally Posted by OrioleBeagle View Post
    After the season is over, which singles skaters do you think should switch to Yuka and Jason? Also, what pair team would you send to Jason?
    They only have two high-profiled students so far in their coaching career, and those students were already high-profiled before coming to them. It's not a long track record of success like a Frank Caroll has, so I don't know why skaters would immediately want to jump on the Yuka-Jason bandwagon. Jason hasn't had any pair at the top level either.

  6. #6
    Registered User
    Join Date
    Jun 2009
    Location
    NY
    Posts
    7,137
    vCash
    500
    Rep Power
    0
    Quote Originally Posted by oleada View Post
    Zawadzki!
    One can only hope.

  7. #7
    Registered User
    Join Date
    Aug 2005
    Age
    26
    Posts
    2,024
    vCash
    500
    Rep Power
    0
    Gilles. She already has DSC connections (Piper and Todd trained there last year), and she desperately needs a new situation, IMO.

  8. #8
    Registered User
    Join Date
    Mar 2010
    Posts
    10,234
    vCash
    500
    Rep Power
    0
    Quote Originally Posted by mgobluegirl View Post
    Gilles. She already has DSC connections (Piper and Todd trained there last year), and she desperately needs a new situation, IMO.
    Agreed. Also maybe Ashley Wagner, depending on her results during the rest of the season. Priscilla hasn't really helped take her to the next level, IMO.

  9. #9
    Registered User
    Join Date
    Jan 2003
    Location
    US
    Posts
    1,708
    vCash
    500
    Rep Power
    0
    Quote Originally Posted by mgobluegirl View Post
    Gilles. She already has DSC connections (Piper and Todd trained there last year), and she desperately needs a new situation, IMO.
    Mike Sorrentino?

  10. #10
    Kostner Softie
    Join Date
    Jul 2008
    Posts
    5,533
    vCash
    1017077
    Rep Power
    1318
    The whole Morozov camp! and Mao!

    Yuka and Jason, the Miracle workers!!!

  11. #11
    Registered User
    Join Date
    Mar 2006
    Posts
    908
    vCash
    500
    Rep Power
    0
    Quote Originally Posted by pinky166 View Post
    Agreed. Also maybe Ashley Wagner, depending on her results during the rest of the season. Priscilla hasn't really helped take her to the next level, IMO.
    That's kinda interesting, considering that Priscilla is credited for much of Johnny's success. I've always had high consideration for her coaching abilities so I am surprised that Ashley hasn't benefited from working with her.

  12. #12
    Registered User
    Join Date
    Aug 2010
    Location
    Jersey of course!
    Posts
    997
    vCash
    500
    Rep Power
    4
    Czisny and Abbott were already excellent in terms of style and musicality before they went to Yuka, so I'm not sure about her ability to package skaters, but I want to ship every headcase to her rink. Phaneuf and Cassar off the top of my head.

  13. #13
    Registered User
    Join Date
    Mar 2010
    Posts
    10,234
    vCash
    500
    Rep Power
    0
    Quote Originally Posted by MR-FAN View Post
    The whole Morozov camp! and Mao!

    Yuka and Jason, the Miracle workers!!!
    Most of Morozov's students are actually pretty consistent though. As for Mao, you may be on to something

    Oh I know, Stephen Carriere! He used to have soo much potential but now he's kinda all over the place

  14. #14

    Join Date
    Sep 2005
    Location
    bowing down to Robert Lepage
    Posts
    3,413
    vCash
    500
    Rep Power
    5645
    Quote Originally Posted by JerseySlore View Post
    Czisny and Abbott were already excellent in terms of style and musicality before they went to Yuka, so I'm not sure about her ability to package skaters, but I want to ship every headcase to her rink. Phaneuf and Cassar off the top of my head.
    Send all the Canadian women there!

  15. #15
    Registered User
    Join Date
    Aug 2005
    Location
    London, Englandia.
    Age
    21
    Posts
    12,277
    vCash
    581
    Rep Power
    0
    Yuka & Jason are becoming quite the "It" team.

  16. #16
    Registered User
    Join Date
    Dec 2009
    Posts
    806
    vCash
    500
    Rep Power
    0
    Quote Originally Posted by MR-FAN View Post
    The whole Morozov camp! and Mao!

    Yuka and Jason, the Miracle workers!!!
    Let's give Papa Sato some more time with Mao, shall we? I would like to see Mao go to his daughter for choreography though.

  17. #17

    Join Date
    Feb 2004
    Location
    New York, NY
    Age
    29
    Posts
    3,364
    vCash
    500
    Rep Power
    3454
    Jason Dungjen... talk about marrying up.

  18. #18
    Registered User
    Join Date
    Jul 2009
    Posts
    1,965
    vCash
    500
    Rep Power
    0
    Quote Originally Posted by krenseby View Post
    That's kinda interesting, considering that Priscilla is credited for much of Johnny's success. I've always had high consideration for her coaching abilities so I am surprised that Ashley hasn't benefited from working with her.
    I'd say that Ashley has definitely improved a lot under Piscilla, but I don't think there's much else Priscilla can do with Ashley, and I don't think Ashley will be leaving any time soon.

  19. #19
    Registered User
    Join Date
    Mar 2010
    Posts
    10,234
    vCash
    500
    Rep Power
    0
    Quote Originally Posted by smarts1 View Post
    I'd say that Ashley has definitely improved a lot under Piscilla, but I don't think there's much else Priscilla can do with Ashley, and I don't think Ashley will be leaving any time soon.
    But that's maybe why she should leave Priscilla, because Priscilla has done about as much as she can with Ashley, so if Ashley wants to get to the next level, she'd probably be better off switching coaches.

  20. #20
    Registered User
    Join Date
    Dec 2004
    Location
    Miami, FL, USA
    Posts
    6,918
    vCash
    500
    Rep Power
    0
    Quote Originally Posted by pinky166 View Post
    But that's maybe why she should leave Priscilla, because Priscilla has done about as much as she can with Ashley, so if Ashley wants to get to the next level, she'd probably be better off switching coaches.
    I don't mean to hijack the thread, but since Ashley is one of my favorites, who would actually improve her skating?? It seems it would have to be someone who can rein in her overambitiousness

Page 1 of 2 12 LastLast

Posting Permissions

  • You may not post new threads
  • You may not post replies
  • You may not post attachments
  • You may not edit your posts
  •