vCash
    I'm pretty sure I saw:
    Gary and Mallory
    Brook and Claire
    Nick and Vicky
    Michael and Kevin
    Kynt and Vyxin
    Margie and Luke
    the team that lost their passport (not Toni and Dallas, but the other team)
    Maria and Tiffany
    Globetrotters
    Jaime and Cara
    Kisha and Jen
    Cowboys (please please, I'd love to see them again)
    Duhtectives
    and a few more, but I can't remember exactly

That's way too many for one season, innit? As long as they don't bring Carol and Brandy back, I'll be ok.

vCash
    Just so everyone is clear, they showed waaaaay more teams in that preview than will be racing next season.

YAY for Nat & Kat!! About time a female team has won. And kudos to Brook & Claire for finishing a strong second!

Without question this was one of my favorite seasons... the locations were great, the teams were entertaining, and a LIKABLE team actually won! So many seasons of this show have been dampered by lousy winners, so I totally approve of the outcome this time around.

Can't wait for next season!! 70 days to go!

vCash
    Jaime and Cara

Jaime and Cara

Jaime and Cara

Heeeeeeelllooo, international taxis.

Tranquillo
    vCash
    See everyone on Feb 20?
    "The Devil is joining in, and that's never a good sign." Phil Liggett

vCash
    Wheee! This is my first season in a while, so I can't believe my faves from episode one did it! Wheeee!

I'd better never watch again.

I liked the final three, so I would have been happy with any winner, but I'm happiest with these ones!

vCash
    Yes!!! I put B&C first in predictions but I don't care if I lose silver. So happy for Nat and Kat!

And hello HD...about time!

vCash
    Quote Originally Posted by PrincessLeppard View Post
    Stephanie is pregnant. I hadn't heard anything about Claire.
    I'm 99%s sure she is. I saw an ET interview with her and Brooke where she talked about getting married and pregnant after the race. Surely they don't let pregnant women compete? I don't think they were on the spoiler list, either...

vCash
    Quote Originally Posted by Indra486 View Post
    Jaime and Cara

Jaime and Cara

Jaime and Cara

Heeeeeeelllooo, international taxis.

Imagine them (well, really it's just Jaime) in Jill and Thomas' taxi from this episode

drinky typo pbp, closet hugger
    vCash
    Wheeeeee!! So happy for nat n kat I wonder how far behind Brooke and Claire were- they seemed to cruise through that last task. I also wish we'd seen how Jill and Thomas got out of their cab purgatory
    Q: Why can't I read the competition threads?
    A: Competition forums on the board are available to those with a Season Pass or a premium membership How to View Kiss & Cry

vCash
    I wonder how quickly Brooke and Claire did the hat challenge- they showed them whipping through it, but I already didn't believe the "they can catch up" editing.

Still, they never showed anything but "we've got it!" so I wonder if they really didn't have too much trouble.

vCash
    I don't remember Jaime and Cara, off to look them up.

vCash
    Quote Originally Posted by shan View Post
    I don't remember Jaime and Cara, off to look them up.
    They basically teamed up with Margie and Luke throughout their season. They infamously had bad luck with taxi drivers but I think Jaime's screaming didn't help either. The dispatcher in Hawaii bit back at her during the finale:

"Tell your passenger that I'm not her personal concierge."

Golden.

vCash
    Quote Originally Posted by Indra486 View Post
    They basically teamed up with Margie and Luke throughout their season. They infamously had bad luck with taxi drivers but I think Jaime's screaming didn't help either. The dispatcher in Hawaii bit back at her during the finale:

"Tell your passenger that I'm not her personal concierge."

Golden.
    Not to mention they wandered around a temple in Beijing in funny dresses and face paint for 2 hours looking for a cluebox that was within 15 feet of them the entire time.

vCash
    Quote Originally Posted by oleada View Post
    I'm 99%s sure she is. I saw an ET interview with her and Brooke where she talked about getting married and pregnant after the race. Surely they don't let pregnant women compete? I don't think they were on the spoiler list, either...
    Nobody from this season was on the spoiler list. So who knows?

Go Kynt and Vysxyn! (I hope i got all the y's correct....)

Bountifully Enmeshed
    vCash
    Nobody from this season was on the spoiler list. So who knows?
    I could have sworn

Spoiler

were on a spoiler list I saw.
    "The secret to creativity is knowing how to hide your sources."-- Albert Einstein.

vCash
    Luved the ending. Nat & Kat rocked. Loved how there were issues (diabetes, fear of heights, vegetarians) which were basically non issues. They seem like nice girls and they were a good team. I like Brook & Claire too.

Bob Eubanks should get an emmy nod for guest appearance. Was he having fun or what?

At least Tom was nice to Jill at the end, and not yelling.

I had read about the next season, but the clips got me so excited. So many teams I like! The Cowboys!! The Duhtectives

In general a great day, I had just finished watching my recording of the GPF and so happy with the ladies winner!!! People I root for Won!!!

vCash
    Quote Originally Posted by Prancer View Post
    I could have sworn

Spoiler

were on a spoiler list I saw.
    They are.

The link that Sassafras posted in last week's thread of the teams on next season: http://www.buddytv.com/articles/the-...out-38806.aspx ETA: Do NOT read the comments if you don't want details about the season. I just ran into who comes in last on the first leg.

vCash
    Quote Originally Posted by Fridge_Break View Post
    They are.

The link that Sassafras posted in last week's thread of the teams on next season: http://www.buddytv.com/articles/the-...out-38806.aspx ETA: Do NOT read the comments if you don't want details about the season. I just ran into who comes in last on the first leg.
    I wonder how far into filming they are. I'm very excited to see several favorite teams as possible racers, especially Jet and Cord!

vCash
    Loved the ending! Nat and Kat are smart, nice, and classy.

I hope those people they showed at the end really are in the race. I'd love to see the Cowboys back. Same with Team Glee and the Globetrotters. I could do without the Margie and Luke, though. The shoppers were fun and I'd be good with seeing them return. Would the teams that just finished this season really do it again so soon?

I can't believe how badly Jill and Thomas are doing! Ask to go to an internet cafe! Or a hotel. It cracks me up that they just got out in some random neighborhood.
    And it was even stupider considering that Thomas clearly knew L.A. I heard him mention the 405 when he was in the helicopter. Why would they just go to some random neighborhood? I'll bet there was a phone or internet access right at the Rose Bowl.

vCash
    Quote Originally Posted by Lilia A View Post
    I can't believe nobody knows Sancho Panza or Don Quixote (aka his master).
    Quote Originally Posted by BelleBway View Post
    I know! I was screaming at the TV.
    Given the question is asked on a TV Travel show, no doubt, by “Sancho Panca’s
    Master” they meant “Don Quichotte”.

But if this was a literature trivia competition or a quiz, I would not be so quick to call Don Quichotte the Master of Sancho Panca…. ”Who is Sacho Panca’s Master” could very well be a Trick Question….

I would probably scratch my head for a while, and think of the following…..

Don Quichotte offers Sancho Panca a barter arrangement, to become his companion and his scutifer (ecuyer? arm-carrier knight?) for the time being, and in exchange DQ will appoint SP a Graff and Governor of a certain island. It’s a barter arrangement, and they are sort of “partners in adventures”.

The story takes place in Feudal Times, and the two men roam the land as Knight and Knight-in-Training, therefore there is no “Master – Servant” relationship possible, given the details of the plot of ranks between “knight” and “knight-scutifer” with arm-carrying duties. Knight is not a Master to the Knight-Scutifer.

So to a question who is SP’s master, the correct answer (imho) is “he has no Master. He has a Senior Companion”.

Page 3 of 5 FirstFirst 12345 LastLast