Page 4 of 5 FirstFirst ... 2345 LastLast

vCash
    Valid point perhaps. But in TAR, where clues are meant to lead you somewhere, and if they had meant the answer to be "he has no Master. He has a Senior Companion”, that clue would have lead to nowhere.

Having said that, however; in Jill and Thomas' case, that clue really did lead them to absolute nowhere....

Demon Barber
    vCash
    Dustin and Kandice are still my all-time favorite team, but this is by far my favorite season. So many different, likable (for the most part) teams and fun/cheeky tasks. Loved Bob Eubanks this last leg!

Towards the end it did seem like Nat/Kat were way ahead of everyone else and that Brooke/Claire were edited to make it seem possibly close. But no, N/K pulled it off and I'm thrilled! Would've been happy w/ B/C also.

I am curious who/what Nat called to get internet help. Nice convincing to get the call recipient to handle their questions in front of 20 other people. I'm wondering if their time in LA helped out in that aspect. Though Thomas knew the 405 so he had some time there as well.

I can't believe for as well as Jill/Thomas had done, they got out of the cab in the middle of nowhere as opposed to being taken to a hotel where 1) they could get internet and 2) could get a new cabbie. Stress y'all.

vCash
    Long Beach!

Nat & Kat!

No more kvetching about no Girl/Girl winners!

Weak layout of this final leg. Not really challenging, and c'mon -- TAR can't whip up a finish in any other of hundreds of American cities? LA again?

Sorting flowers and making a pretty float? Fitting end to this "Girl/Girl winners or bust" season.

vCash
    Not looking forward to Luke and Bob, again, unless of course I get to enjoy them being eliminated really really early.

And please, PTB, no fun-with-subtitles! Poseurs Kynt and Vixyn 1) are not/were never dating; nor 2) are they/were they ever "goths".

vCash
    Since we never saw Jill & Thomas leave the cab from hell, I'm assuming their AR camera person in the cab got a 'get to the finish line, they're last' phone call? I was hoping they'd hop out in the middle of the freeway, but that crap part of town was good too. Loved B&C going to a hotel for help - very smart.

to Team Doc for a great race overall. Sparkly to Team Flair. Loved their attitudes from the start.

Do we really have to bring back whiny Luke and overprotective Mom?

vCash
    My favorites NEVER win!!! That's why I am so surprised and very happy about the outcome. I did think the final challenges kind of seemed easy, but I guess Jill and Thomas might have a different opinion, lol.

As for All Stars, I could really do without Jaime and Cara (really mostly Jaime), the Pee Break Sisters, and Margie and Luke. I hope Amanda and Chris last longer. They seemed like a nice couple that we didn't get to know.

vCash
    Quote Originally Posted by oleada View Post
    I love this challenge
    Kat is doing it so well. I think the fact that they have high stress professions that require a great deal of logical, on the spot thinking and decision making is a HUGE asset on the race.
    Indeed!
    Bravo, Nat and Kat.

vCash
    I lurved both Nat and Kat and Brooke and Claire so I'm bery happy with this outcome.

I really liked how Nat and Kat set an example for other doctors, that is, that being respectful of others, kind, and humble takes nothing away from one's professional accomplishments. I hope other doctors will take note.

The only thing I didn't like about Brooke and Claire was how very juvenile and silly their 'flair' could sometimes be. But they were so positive, and so determined. Well done!

I am very happy that 2-women teams finished 1-2, and just lurved how sincerely happy Brooke and Claire were for Nat and Kat. All 4 seem like very lovely people.

vCash
    Quote Originally Posted by mikemba View Post
    The only thing I didn't like about Brooke and Claire was how very juvenile and silly their 'flair' could sometimes be. But they were so positive, and so determined. Well done!

I am very happy that 2-women teams finished 1-2, and just lurved how sincerely happy Brooke and Claire were for Nat and Kat. All 4 seem like very lovely people.
    I am generally not a fan of fake flowers or animal prints, so yeah... Although she seems like an okay person, Brooke especially got on my nerves with her "Look at me! Look at me!" behavior. I am glad that the calm, quiet, understated team won.

I was wondering why Nat wasn't freaking out about heights while she was riding in the helicopter. That seems about as scary as a a gondola.

Clueless American
    vCash
    This was a very anti-climatic ending, but that's okay since I was very happy Nat and Kat won. They deserved it. Brooke and Claire are great too. They were a hoot. Jill and Thomas were so stupid on this task. They could've asked to go to an internet cafe, a hotel, a library....but it seemed like they were just running around aimlessly.

Skating supporter
    Born in Nova Scotia but living in Ottawa, Ontario (Canada's Capital)
    vCash
    Jill & Thomas' experience in LA just proves that you can't rely on cab drivers who speak/understand English back home in the USA! They started the final leg in first and ended up in third, despite the fact that they all got the same flight and all seemed to be pretty close together on a couple of occasions.

Did anyone figure out who Nat & Kat called when they borrowed the cab driver's phone in Korea and again when they got to LA? I know when they were looking for answers to the clues they called some sort of information desk.

I was happy with the result - now that "monkey" of a girl-girl team is off everyone's back!

It's interesting that the version which was shown on our Canadian network (CTV) had nothing about the next season, the all-stars, etc.
    Can't skate but love to watch

vCash
    I was very happy to see Nat and Kat win. Their calmness and problem solving skills when they had setbacks were most impressive, but that’s what their training is all about. What was most amazing was their ability to get past the obstacles: Kat eating meat (“It’s for a million dollars”), and Nat’s fear of heights. We cracked up when Nat landed on the float and said “I didn’t pee myself!”. That someone who was that scared could just suck it up and get on with the task was amazing.

That said, I am also impressed with Claire and Brooke. I mistakenly wrote them off at the start as having no chance. They’d be too high maintenance. When the going got tough, they’d fall apart. In fact, they were the opposite. Watermelon in the face – no problem. Not one complaint. By the end, their relentless perkiness kept them from being my favourite team. Especially their morning perkiness. But great competitors.

vCash
    Having skimmed some of the TWoP final leg thread I'm pretty from from all the posters horrified that three college educated racers couldn't identify Sancho Panza. No, I didn't know myself and even worse, my mother has a MA in Spanish Lit with a thesis on Cervantes. I just never ended up reading it, nor did I ever see Man of La Mancha (which made me confused at the cut to Spanish music in Pang and Tong's Impossible Dream LP).

Suffice it to say I won't be admitting this to Mom!

vCash
    Quote Originally Posted by Bev Johnston View Post
    I was wondering why Nat wasn't freaking out about heights while she was riding in the helicopter. That seems about as scary as a a gondola.
    I think the freakout with the gondola ride was that she didn't know what they were going to have to do once they got to the top. With the helicopter there really wasn't any fear of the unknown, since it was going to land back on the ground somewhere, unless they were surprised with a "jump out of the helicopter" task (which I think the chances of that happening would be slim )

Quote Originally Posted by lara
    Having skimmed some of the TWoP final leg thread I'm pretty from from all the posters horrified that three college educated racers couldn't identify Sancho Panza. No, I didn't know myself and even worse, my mother has a MA in Spanish Lit with a thesis on Cervantes. I just never ended up reading it, nor did I ever see Man of La Mancha (which made me confused at the cut to Spanish music in Pang and Tong's Impossible Dream LP).
    Same here I never read it, and quite honestly if I would have had to for some class, it's not something I would have found interesting and definitely not the kind of information that I would have retained afterwards.

vCash
    I kind of agree- I have Don Quixote in the house, but got bored and stopped reading. I was never assigned to read it, and in the course of my B.S. only took ONE English class- tech writing. I tested out of all the rest in high school, and apparently the tests never mentioned that book. I kind of think AP classes do a disservice, because I didn't take any of the basic liberal arts courses in college.

DH had read it, and easily got the clue. If you had asked me about a Spaniard who walked among windmills, I would have known Don Q from cultural references- but his sidekick, no...

I'm also baffled by all the "tilting at windmills is a common expression" going on a twop. I have never heard anyone say that. I know enough about DQ to know he randomly wandered around windmills while drunk, but I had to ask DH if he could really parse the meaning of the expression he told me it's what you say when someone is doing something stupid and pointless. I'd just say they were doing something stupid and pointless. It might be an expression, but I wouldn't call it a common one.

Here's my next stupid admission. I didn't know Man of La Mancha was related to Don Q until Alissa's stupid exhibition song- then I was able to connect those two names together. (Man she had great split jumps in that program)

What I love though is someone said that Thomas told him at Tarcon that he had actually read Don Q in spanish... and he knew the answer, but the editing made it seem like he didn't. Um, maybe he did read it, but clearly the race made him forget the connection, or they wouldn't have had to bleed nearly so much time.

vCash
    Quote Originally Posted by Skittl1321 View Post
    What I love though is someone said that Thomas told him at Tarcon that he had actually read Don Q in spanish... and he knew the answer, but the editing made it seem like he didn't. Um, maybe he did read it, but clearly the race made him forget the connection, or they wouldn't have had to bleed nearly so much time.
    Well, I guess it's possible to have known the answer but still have no clue where to go next anyway. They'd have to ask or Google to find out about Quixote Studios and its location.

vCash
    But his driver had GPS. If he figured out Quixote Studios- he would have 3 locations to go for. You'd think you'd pick one to drive towards (since they were driving randomly anyway), while trying to figure out how to approach the other clues.

Prick Admin
    vCash
    I knew that Sancho Panza was a character from Don Quixote and I've never read the book.

for Nat & Kat winning although at the blatant stereotypical girlie task to make it clear that we were going to have an all-female team victory. PML.

Poor Thomas not being to use his "Spanish skills". Awww.

Amazing Race loves Katy Perry though innit. Wasn't "Waking Up In Vegas" featured in the finale of another season?
    To think that fun is simple fun, while earnest things are earnest, proves all too plain that neither one thou truthfully discernest.

Tranquillo
    vCash
    I'd know Sancho Panza if you asked me now, but in one of the interviews either Nat or Kat made a point of saying that even though they're avid viewers of TAR, they had no idea how draining the lack of sleep and food can be on the players. She mentioned they were hungry a lot, and were surprised at how physically challenging it was.

Not sure what I'd know if someone asked me a question at the end of the race.
    "The Devil is joining in, and that's never a good sign." Phil Liggett

vCash
    Quote Originally Posted by Garden Kitty View Post
    in one of the interviews either Nat or Kat made a point of saying that even though they're avid viewers of TAR, they had no idea how draining the lack of sleep and food can be on the players. She mentioned they were hungry a lot, and were surprised at how physically challenging it was.

Not sure what I'd know if someone asked me a question at the end of the race.
    Although I didn't enter the pick 'em, I had Nat/Kat from the first leg. If anything, medical training teaches you how to function at at least 80% for up to 36 hours with little sleep or food. The fact that they made it out of the medical machine must have given them good thoughts for being able to make it through TAR.
    AceOn6, the golf loving skating fan

Page 4 of 5 FirstFirst ... 2345 LastLast