Page 5 of 6 FirstFirst ... 3456 LastLast
    “It is far more important to have a good judge than a possible conflict of interest." - Ottavio Cinquanta
    vCash
    Quote Originally Posted by mia joy View Post
    I agree. No matter what V/M do, they will always be considered the best in the world and it will always be judged, so that they can win. Example? Last year's Worlds, when D/W absolutely deserved to win. Or 2009 Worlds when they riddiculously lost to undertrained V/M only by the CD score! If V/M come back this season (which I still would like to, for the sake of competition or for the simple fact that if D/W win everyone will say it's just because V/M weren't there), they may actually still beat D/W considering their previous reputation, no matter how unprepared they are. I sure do believe this time will be different, though and D/W finally get the gold they deserve.

I'm sincerely sick and tired of everyone worshipping Tessa and Scott and being blind to their mistakes or flaws, or just worse skates when they have any. I do want them to come back and I still hope they impress me one day, but if it means them winning everything for the next 4 years, I'd rather pass, thank you very much.
    All of this.

vCash
    I hope both teams keep competing because it's been a long time since we've had two teams really pushing each other in any of the disciplines. I would love to see that continue. I'm still going to be shocked though if V&M return this season unless she has recovered 100% and very quickly from her injury.

As for the criticism above about V&M winning the bronze in 2009 I think that it is amazing that they even considered competing that year considering the pain she was suffering. She was not healthy for the Olympic season either although you wouldn't have known this. I would hate to compete against this team when they're 100% healthy personally but I am looking forward to that next season.

vCash
    Quote Originally Posted by Judy View Post
    I hope both teams keep competing because it's been a long time since we've had two teams really pushing each other in any of the disciplines. I would love to see that continue.

vCash
    I can agree V&M were gifted in 2009, absolutely. That doesn't mean D&W were robbed in 2010.

vCash
    Quote Originally Posted by mia joy View Post
    You really believe what you're saying? Tessa and Scott were a mess at 2009 Worlds, everybody saw it. They were 6th in the OD. 6th. And their FD also had nothing on D/W's Samson and Dalilah either.
    So winning by the score of CD is ok with you? How about when it comes to D/S and F/S from Tallinn, same case? I know CDs are (were) essential, but to win only thanks to a CD score is just plain riddiculous for me.
    Yes, V/M's OD was a mess. And they were placed accordingly - 6th! And no one's FD was as good as Samson and Delilah but V/M's PF FD was still really quite strong, in fact I'd say V/M and D/W were both better than D/S and B/A that night. (And I remember the BBC commentators agreeing with me.) So you know, there was some dodgy stuff going on all over that podium and the "fault" for D/W's 4th place does not lie solely at V/M's door.

Anyway, be happy! Your favourites are going to win this year! (Barring disaster.)

Crazy Stalker Lady
    vCash
    ^^^Yes. I think putting D&S first in that competition was a desperate attempt to try to set them up for Oly gold. YMMV

Skating supporter
    Born in Nova Scotia but living in Ottawa, Ontario (Canada's Capital)
    vCash
    According to this Bev Smith article, Virtue & Moir are still not sure about competing at Canadians: http://www.theglobeandmail.com/sport...rticle1866417/
    Can't skate but love to watch

vCash
    I tend to agree with those who feel that V&M probably won't compete at Canadians but are holding off on an announcement (or at least Skate Canada is) in order to get more people to attend. I'm hoping they will attend 4CC's and/or Worlds but will understand if they skip the entire season to regroup for next year.

vCash
    It's so nice to hear Tessa is finally skating without pain. I hope it stays that way. What an unlucky team healthwise and always having to play "catch up". I hope Scott's injury is totally healed as well. They have some terrific loyal thoughtful fans who have been very patient this year, just hoping they regain their health regardless. I think they want to avoid the unpreparedness of 2 seasons ago when they competed and were not prepared and I agree with them and their coaches on that, but I have missed them. I'm sure Davis and White are destined to win this year though as they have put much mileage on their programs and are likely continuing to improve on them as V&M are struggling to just get theirs ready. One thing about Tessa and Scott though is although they suffer major setbacks, their connection to one another never fails and puts them on another level in that regard. I don't know of another team that has it.
    Addicted to FSU

vCash
    Quote Originally Posted by Carmen Ovsiannikov View Post
    I tend to agree with those who feel that V&M probably won't compete at Canadians but are holding off on an announcement (or at least Skate Canada is) in order to get more people to attend
    Isnt this werid - Skate Canada officials said, V-M will not skate at Nationals during GPF exibitions.

Crazy Stalker Lady
    vCash
    I think V&M really want to compete if they possibly can do so at a decent level. They know they don't have to be at the top of their game to win Nationals, but it's a good chance to get their programs out there. I think they will compete if they feel they can, even if they don't make the final decision about it until a couple of days before. I think they're actually aiming to compete but are leaving lots of room to go with what feels the most appropriate/sensible decision (health wise) at the time. I think they're trying to be ready, and will compete if they are.

vCash
    Quote Originally Posted by alilou View Post
    I think V&M really want to compete if they possibly can do so at a decent level. They know they don't have to be at the top of their game to win Nationals, but it's a good chance to get their programs out there. I think they will compete if they feel they can, even if they don't make the final decision about it until a couple of days before. I think they're actually aiming to compete but are leaving lots of room to go with what feels the most appropriate/sensible decision (health wise) at the time. I think they're trying to be ready, and will compete if they are.
    Oh I hope so!!!!

vCash
    I tend to agree with those who feel that V&M probably won't compete at Canadians but are holding off on an announcement (or at least Skate Canada is) in order to get more people to attend. I'm hoping they will attend 4CC's and/or Worlds but will understand if they skip the entire season to regroup for next year.
    The notion that V/M and/or Skate Canada might be deliberately withholding the fact that V/M have no intention of competing next week just to sell more arena tickets I find reprehensible.

One would think that one week before Nationals V/M know whether or not they are going to compete. But that may not be the case.

We went through this with Sasha and the fall 2009 competitions. Would she compete? Wouldn't she? IIRC she pulled out of two assignments within about a week's time of competition. Not very respectful of her adoring public, IMO.

vCash
    I don't agree with this. I think they are waiting to see if they feel comfortable to compete; if they do, they will. This has little to do with tickets, and everything to do with Skate Canada's willingness to let them make the decision when they know how they feel, a respect given them due to their Gold medal Olympic and World performances in 2010.

Crazy Stalker Lady
    vCash
    ^^^^ ITA

vCash
    I think our National championships are usually pretty well attended , so I believe if they're saying it's undecided , it's undecided.

vCash
    Quote Originally Posted by Pratfall View Post
    I think our National championships are usually pretty well attended , so I believe if they're saying it's undecided , it's undecided.
    ITA..........it's unfair for people to put them in a negative light by assuming a negative action.
    Addicted to FSU

vCash
    I honestly don't understand why they're coming at all this season .. why not wait until next season when they are fully trained.

Briber of judges
    vCash
    The only reason I can see them wanting to do Canadian nationals is just to get more feedback on the programs before 4CC and Worlds.

The best news is that Tessa seems to be skating without pain.
    I meant to take the high road.... but I missed the exit.

vCash
    Mike Slipchuk is just being interviewed on Victoria CBC radio. He says they will know in a day or 2 if Tessa or Scott are coming - that they are leaving the decision until the last possible minute and that it will be based on whether they think they are ready, and that SC is fine with that.

Page 5 of 6 FirstFirst ... 3456 LastLast