Page 6 of 6 FirstFirst ... 456
    vCash

I just dont get it

In this article, Igor stated that Tessa and Scott are STILL the best in the world. Maybe people want to play semantics and point out that he COULD have meant SHOW that they are the best as in fine go and prove it but if my name was Meryl Davis or Charlie White, i would not be proud to know that my coach counted my rivals as being better than me. I just think that igor might even train them like he already thinks that they are better than Meryl and Charlie... thoughts? Maybe i am reading too much into one sentence.

Crazy Stalker Lady
    vCash
    Quote Originally Posted by arakwafan2006 View Post
    In this article, Igor stated that Tessa and Scott are STILL the best in the world. Maybe people want to play semantics and point out that he COULD have meant SHOW that they are the best as in fine go and prove it but if my name was Meryl Davis or Charlie White, i would not be proud to know that my coach counted my rivals as being better than me. I just think that igor might even train them like he already thinks that they are better than Meryl and Charlie... thoughts? Maybe i am reading too much into one sentence.
    yeah, I think you're reading way too much into one sentence. They're reining Oly and World champions, hence the best in the world. And he's giving an interview to a Canadian journalist for a Canadian newspaper, and V&M set really high standards for themselves - ie they don't want to compete not at their best. And when he's training I bet he doesn't even think about whose best in the world - hopefully he's focused on the job at hand.

BTW this is the sentence
    “If they are ready to do it, they will go,” he said. “At the same time we want to make sure they can show a good performance, that they’re still the best in the world.”
    I don't think it means anything other than what it is - what their standards are. And a sound bite for a Canadian newspaper.

vCash
    Quote Originally Posted by clarie View Post
    ITA..........it's unfair for people to put them in a negative light by assuming a negative action.
    I can kind of understand how non V&M fans feel about having to tip toe around anything that's said about them. I love Scott and Tessa but I don't see how guessing as to why they may not have made an announcement is painting them in a negative light.

If Skate Canada is waiting on an announcement (yes it's well known that Canadians are big fans of skating and most would go to Nationals to see more than just V&M) it wouldn't be the first time a Federation has (allegedly) done that. nicecardshark mentioned Sasha last season and USFS at the beginning of the 05/06 GP season had L&T's names on the Skate America roster (although I think there was more going on behind the scenes than we know).

I'm now sorry I voiced my opinion on the matter and if an announcement was being held off for reasons other than V&M being given time to gauge how they feel it wouldn't make me think less of them. It's business.

vCash
    At first, how could you know what Igor said and how journalist express this?
    I heard a lot off time his interwies with journalists at CoR and he alwayse talk about V-C, even if all saked him only about Tessas health.
    Then, M-C are on top, they are ready to go for gold, when T-S isnt ready, nobody know, how hard for them is to retun on ice and i think this is greate, when coach supprot his skaters in there preparing for big competitions.
    And last. Do you think he must say co canadian press- your best ice dance team ist best at World anymore and they never could gaet gold at WCh over team form USA?
    Read his interwies for USA press, please. And even for russian press. At GPF he talk, that M-C is the best ice dance couple now

Page 6 of 6 FirstFirst ... 456