Page 6 of 6 FirstFirst ... 456
    vCash
    Quote Originally Posted by Aussie Willy View Post
    I am not sure what the problems were. Can you please explain. Their technique didn't give me any alarm bells.

The one thing both girls had was speed and flow, which is something that Zhang didn't have at that age or has now. They were really quite effortless over the ice.
    This is just the Russian Nats thread redux, please pay it no mind...
    And I agree, both girls have great speed/flow and Liza also has great jumping technique. Adelina's already gotten much more "substantial" since she first made her splash and she's re-adjusted quite beautifully.

vCash
    Quote Originally Posted by ainouta View Post
    This is just the Russian Nats thread redux, please pay it no mind...
    And I agree, both girls have great speed/flow and Liza also has great jumping technique. Adelina's already gotten much more "substantial" since she first made her splash and she's re-adjusted quite beautifully.
    I agree with this. If you watch videos of Adelina over the past few seasons, it appears her jumps have actually gotten higher and more powerful this season, despite the height and weight she's gained since she won nationals in 2009. So really, her maturing has improved her skating in some respects.

vCash
    Quote Originally Posted by Aussie Willy View Post
    I am not sure what the problems were. Can you please explain. Their technique didn't give me any alarm bells.
    You're right, of course. Consider the source. Just sayin'

vCash
    Can Sotnikova compete in the Senior GP in 2011-2012? I know she can't compete until 2013 senior worlds, but maybe she could compete in senior GP series a year early like Mao Asada in 2005-2006? Don't know if ISU revoked that rule or not.

vCash
    Quote Originally Posted by shuilee View Post
    Can Sotnikova compete in the Senior GP in 2011-2012?
    Yes.

vCash
    Quote Originally Posted by shuilee View Post
    Can Sotnikova compete in the Senior GP in 2011-2012? I know she can't compete until 2013 senior worlds, but maybe she could compete in senior GP series a year early like Mao Asada in 2005-2006? Don't know if ISU revoked that rule or not.
    Yes and so can Liza if they decide that's what they want to do.

Banned Member
    vCash
    pics collections of Liza, Polina.... and Adelina with Putin.
    www.sports.ru/tribuna/blogs/makentys/144501.html

vCash
    http://www.universalsports.com/blogs...id=508399.html

Russia regroups for Sochi with Sotnikova

vCash
    I just want to know if there is something in the water over there in Russia because they seem to be coming up with a bunch of talented younsters in Figure Skating, Gymnastics, football and Ice Hockey. It is all quite nice to seem them back with so many young guns leading the charge.

vCash
    Quote Originally Posted by Buzz View Post
    I just want to know if there is something in the water over there in Russia because they seem to be coming up with a bunch of talented younsters in Figure Skating, Gymnastics, football and Ice Hockey. It is all quite nice to seem them back with so many young guns leading the charge.
    I think the training atmosphere is probably just very intense in Russia. Further, most athletes are known to start training seriously at a very young age, and oftentimes coaches will take into account the way and child moves in addition to their energy level, body build (not only of the child but also the parents), focus, etc. I think that the fact that the government pays for the training of the top athletes also plays a big factor because it allows children to pursue expensive sports like figure skating even if he/she does not come from a wealthy family.

I've never lived in Russia but I have lived in China and the situation seemed similar there. I joined my sister's recreational gymnastics class halfway through the year when I was about 7 and after the first week, the coaches told me I had potential to be a very good gymnast, but first they wanted to meet with my parents to make sure they were not too tall or heavy and to see if they would be willing to let me join a developmental team that trained 4 times a week. At age 7, they said I was getting a late start and would have to work really hard if I wanted to catch up with the other girls who were aiming to be top gymnasts. The atmosphere was really intense, and this was a class with like 6 year olds....

vCash
    Liza's face reminds me of Johnny Weir She's very pretty though

vCash
    Quote Originally Posted by Extranjera View Post
    Liza's face reminds me of Johnny Weir
    Ksenia Makarova agrees with you

Banned Member
    vCash
    Quote Originally Posted by Buzz View Post
    Russia is like Paris- doesn't exist to be understood.

Banned Member
    vCash
    An article about Adelina.
    http://goldenskate.com/articles/2010/020611.shtml
    Interesting that Adelina's favourite skaters are men- Joubert and Lambiel.

Vodorezova said that women's figure skating goes into a feminine direction. I hope she is right.

Page 6 of 6 FirstFirst ... 456