Page 5 of 6 FirstFirst ... 3456 LastLast

vCash
    Not at all, I uploaded them to tinypic. I can open them on my phone, so I'm afraid its something on you end unfortunately
    Last edited by oleada; 12-17-2010 at 04:44 PM.

vCash
    Dai rocks the glasses and Kozuka the tie

vCash
    Quote Originally Posted by Extranjera View Post
    Usually hairstyles of Daisuke make me laugh but in this picture he looks very handsome

This picture and Adelina are cute
    I like Dai's hair in that pic too! Usually I don't. Weird face on Oda though, and I think Adelina looks older than he does .

vCash
    Quote Originally Posted by shine View Post
    Adelina has good stretch and flexibility, but I wouldn't call her balletic. Being balletic is as much about having the balletic form as it is about the movement and carriage. Someone like Elena Iliynkh is what I'd call balletic.
    I think both Lena and Adelina have balletic qualities

Adel - http://www.youtube.com/watch?v=LO0oCE5hOD8
    Lena - http://www.youtube.com/watch?v=y7zo-...eature=related

With this Swan lake program at 12 y.o. Adel won Nats.
    http://www.youtube.com/watch?v=61bvnxF-JuQ

Liza was second with this
    http://www.youtube.com/watch?v=SBCYY...eature=related

What program do you like better? Or whom do you like better back then?

vCash
    I have always preferred Adelina, but I like both

vCash
    Quote Originally Posted by oleada View Post
    Not at all, I uploaded them to tinypic. I can open them on my phone, so I'm afraid its something on you end unfortunately
    yes, this is definitely on my end because tinypic never worked for me.

Banned Member
    vCash
    Mishin said:
    "Liza has a very good sense of music and high speed. She has a very high technique, at the level of world figure skating. This is also the result of the work of her first coach Svetlana Veretennikova who "discovered" this wonder child." (from Gorod 812).

In my opinion Liza is more passionate, more mature and more colorful. Adelina is very crystal, refined, like a perfect ice princess. But her skating is drier. For now. Since they are both so young, it's impossible to say how the things will go. I just enjoy watching both girls.

vCash
    Last edited by Bazil; 12-23-2010 at 02:34 AM. Reason: I have posted before finishing..

vCash
    That's not a good clip of Yuna, that was a really weak skate for her, even back then. Here's her winning FS from the JGPF in 2005, when she was 15. Much more impressive.
    http://www.youtube.com/watch?v=TQCDgX9T580

cooking with Alexei Rogonov and Nodari Maisuradze
    vCash
    I like both...Liza and Adelina.
    But I prefer Liza because her technique is slightly better and she is extremely expressive and emotional.
    Adelina is like a prima ballerina which is not bad but she lacks emotion IMHO.
    "I'm not in this world to live up to your expectations and you're not in this world to live up to mine."

Bruce Lee

vCash
    This thread prompted me to have a look at both these girls so I watched both their SPs. Haven't had a look at FS yet.

They both have great basics and beautiful technique. I preferred Adelina's skating skills as I found Elizaveta a bit more choppy in her basic technique. Particularly Adelina's SlSt was amazing. She keep the speed and flow on one foot going all the way. Excellent balance which is something you want to see with skating skills.

I actually liked Elizaveta's musicality more. If you turned the music off you could get a good idea of what she was skating to. So a few more nuances in there for me and stronger interpretation.

Overall the strength and flow of Adelina stood out for me. And the most obvious things is these are skaters who have never known anything other than IJS as they system they are judged under. So they ticked all the boxes and fulfilled all the criteria which they have probably been doing since they started competing and have know nothing else. Even Mao and Yu Na would have competed under 6.0 at some point before IJS was introduced. So the programs work.

It is so good to see some young Russian ladies really making an impression again on the international skating scene again. I really enjoyed them. And they skated as if they were out there for just the pure joy of skating with great freedom in their movement. They just went for it.
    When you are up to your arse in alligators it is difficult to remember you were only meant to be draining the swamp.

vCash
    Questions about Seniors eligibility -

I wiki'd the 2 of them.

Adelina was born on 7/1/96, so she will be 15 next year and just manages to be eligible for 2012 Worlds. Liza was born on 12/17/96 and will also be 15 next year, but not eligible for Sr. Worlds until 2013. Is this correct. I assume the deadline is 15 by July 1st of the previous year?

vCash
    Quote Originally Posted by olympic View Post
    Questions about Seniors eligibility -

I wiki'd the 2 of them.

Adelina was born on 7/1/96, so she will be 15 next year and just manages to be eligible for 2012 Worlds. Liza was born on 12/17/96 and will also be 15 next year, but not eligible for Sr. Worlds until 2013. Is this correct. I assume the deadline is 15 by July 1st of the previous year?
    Adelina is not age eligible until 2013. Apparently the Russian fed asked and this is what they were told.

vCash
    Adelina is not age eligible until 2013. Apparently the Russian fed asked and this is what they were told.
    Weird. I thought 7/1 was the deadline and she would've just cut it. Her potential greatness is scaring the JPN and US Feds, so they're keeping her out [JK]

Also, just missing out on '11 Worlds is Polina Shelepen. She was born on 7/28/95, but she should be eligible for '12 Worlds. Looks like Makarova and Leonova buy themselves more time.

vCash
    Adelina is born 1st July 1996:why worlds 2013?
    I also thought of worlds 2012 too, because she's born before the deadline of 15th July and I remember that all the buzz for Mao in 2005/06 was because she was born two months after the deadline, while Adelina born before that.

vCash
    The deadline is July 1st, not July 15th.

vCash
    Quote Originally Posted by kia_4EverOnIce View Post
    Adelina is born 1st July 1996:why worlds 2013?
    I also thought of worlds 2012 too, because she's born before the deadline of 15th July and I remember that all the buzz for Mao in 2005/06 was because she was born two months after the deadline, while Adelina born before that.
    OK. I thought the deadline was 15 yrs. of age by 7/1 of the previous year. Oops. Oleada just clarified this

vCash
    The deadline is July 1st, not July 15th.
    oh, thank you!!!

vCash
    Oh dear, by the time that they become senior-eligible, they could very well be "Zhanged" (as in Caroline Zhang's changes). They're already showing little signs of future problems. Makarova and Leonova may not have much to worry about through Sochi except for the non-Russians. Adelina and Liza will most likely not be the 'YuNa and Mao of 2014.'

vCash
    Quote Originally Posted by Frau Muller View Post
    Oh dear, by the time that they become senior-eligible, they could very well be "Zhanged" (as in Caroline Zhang's changes). They're already showing little signs of future problems. Makarova and Leonova may not have much to worry about through Sochi except for the non-Russians. Adelina and Liza will most likely not be the 'YuNa and Mao of 2014.'
    I am not sure what the problems were. Can you please explain. Their technique didn't give me any alarm bells.

The one thing both girls had was speed and flow, which is something that Zhang didn't have at that age or has now. They were really quite effortless over the ice.
    When you are up to your arse in alligators it is difficult to remember you were only meant to be draining the swamp.

Page 5 of 6 FirstFirst ... 3456 LastLast