Page 4 of 6 FirstFirst ... 23456 LastLast
    vCash
    ^^I am amazed at Adelina's technical proficiency and really enjoy the fabulous skating skills, but I also feel that Liza is trying to express the music more. Adelina is more of an athlete IMO and I like Liza's "performance" more at the moment. I would feel bad to criticize either because they are both sooo young. There's still plenty of time for both to become truly great skaters.

vCash
    ITA with post above me. Of course they both are gorgeous, but I also like Liza's programs more than Adelina's b/c she has better expresion.

It's a bit too early to predict what kind of impact they will have. We saw some great juniors who weren't able to get medals at senior competitions.

vCash
    Yes it's early to make assumptions about them. Both are extremely talented. After watching again adelina I was impressed by her height on jumps and how clearly landed they are, perfectly backward, no short at all in rotation, juste perfectly clear.

For now I like Liza more because of her expression. But Adelina has plenty of time to develop artistic qualities.
    If we consider only their current skating, I find Liza more artistic, more mature in term of expression and projection, she seems to really listen to her music. And it's something to admire because she is very young. As for Adelina she reminds me more of young gymnasts, who are virtuoso yet they don't capture one's attention.
    And to me I wouldn't like FS to become like gymnastics, a sport where skaters would reach technical heights very young and then disapear after puberty without leaving that much of emotional or artistic impact.

And for now the one who IMO has an impact artistically wise is Liza.

vCash
    Of the juniors we saw in the JGP this year, I still like Yasmin Siraj the most. Here's hoping that she improves on her jump technique and develops better consistency so she'll be competitive against everybody

vCash
    My personal fav is ZiJun Li. She's so light and graceful. She doesn't rival the Russian wunderbabies in terms of jump content but I've heard they're trying to get a 3-3 now. So I am hoping she can develop nicely and revive Chinese singles skating.

vCash
    I think Liza might be a bit more expressive, but Sotnikova is so musical and balletic with great basics. I don't think the JGPF performances were her best in terms of expression this season as she seemed so nervous. In any case she is so young the expressiveness can come later

vCash
    And who knows what impact those multiple rotations and intensive 3-3 training will have on their body...

Apparently for girls coaches "play" on the goal of reaching the highest possible technical hability before puberty, and happens what happens after puberty regarding health issues. It seems that it is not an option for them to think about learning jump technic later. I'm not saying it's right or wrong, just an observation.
    It's another subject anyway.

vCash
    Sotnikova is a more classic skater with gorgeous lines and extension, look at her arms, her posture, she is very balletic. Beautiful, musical and a bit restrained.
    Liza doesn't have Adelina's lines, it's her weakness, but she is very expressive, has very soft and beautiful arms, and she is not balletic at all, her style is different.
    I think their difference makes it more interesting. As for me, I like them both

vCash
    It's a matter of test, both have their qualities. For sure Adelina and Liza have had ballet training. If the first uses this training this year for a more balletic style, the second also has the ballet "trademark", even if she doesn't use this training to skate on classic ballet style of music, she still has the basics like use of arms, head position.

vCash
    Something about Adelina reminds me of Mao - maybe the balletic qualities, and something about Liza reminds me of Yuna - probably the jump technique. I hope their rivalry does not include hateful videos all over youtube where you can't even search one skater's name without 15 of them popping up...

vCash

vCash

vCash
    Quote Originally Posted by SkateSkates View Post
    I hope their rivalry does not include hateful videos all over youtube where you can't even search one skater's name without 15 of them popping up...
    If you need to search for Mao, you need to input "Asada" and "-Kim", and for Kim, "yuna" and "-asada".

If you need to search for someone else, you need to input "name" and "-kim" and "-asada".

vCash
    Quote Originally Posted by oleada View Post
    Beautifull !

vCash
    Adelina has good stretch and flexibility, but I wouldn't call her balletic. Being balletic is as much about having the balletic form as it is about the movement and carriage. Someone like Elena Iliynkh is what I'd call balletic.

vCash
    Some fun pictures from the JGPF:
    Adelina with the Japanese men
    4X

Banned Member
    vCash
    Quote Originally Posted by theshrew View Post
    Before you blame Mishin of all the evil things happening in figure skating, watch Plushenko at 13 years old: http://www.youtube.com/watch?v=wRZoZWEzCYQ
    Great posture, extension and speed.
    Lovely! Thanks for the link. He is sooooo cute, baby Plush.

vCash
    Wow she is really beautiful! Nice picture. She doesn't look so tiny here although she may be wearing heels, and obviously the men in the picture with her are all pretty small.

Also, Kozuka is CUTE That's such a good picture of him

vCash
    Usually hairstyles of Daisuke make me laugh but in this picture he looks very handsome

This picture and Adelina are cute

vCash
    Links don't work for me. Is it from her FB page?

Page 4 of 6 FirstFirst ... 23456 LastLast