Page 2 of 6 FirstFirst 1234 ... LastLast
    vCash
    I think the three to watch headed into 2014 are Kanako, Liza and Adelina. So yes, I think they will move over well.

Frankly, if anyone follows gymnastics, I always think of Liza/Adelina along with Viktoria Komova and Aliya Mustafina as Russia's return to dominance.

vCash
    So far, Sotnikova is the one to beat. She has a natural ease and elegance to her skating and is packaged very well. Tuktymasheva in contrast is extremely poorly packaged and her Plushenko-esque style is so outdated.

Still, there're 3 more years before Sochi so they have plenty of time to improve. They can't compete at senior Worlds until 2013 anyways, right?

vCash
    Quote Originally Posted by oleada View Post
    I don't know, to be honest. I can't comment on Tuktamysheva's 3+3, but I rewatched Sotnikova's and it looked rotated for sure to me.
    Exactly. Sotnikova's jumps are very clean and are done withe excellent form. Let's hope the puberty monster is kind to her.

She seems to be quite consistent this season, so hopefully she isn't that big of a head case.

vCash
    3 year is a too long time to say something about the girls . after torino, every one mao her self included thougt she will have the best chance to win in vancouver, but Yuna got it.

Mad for mangelwurzels
    vCash
    Quote Originally Posted by Kitty Hu View Post
    after torino, every one mao her self included thougt she will have the best chance to win in vancouver
    How do you know what Mao thought?
    I hear outside a million panicking birds, and know even out there comfort is done with; it has shattered even the stars, this creature at last come home to me.

vCash
    Quote Originally Posted by Kitty Hu View Post
    3 year is a too long time to say something about the girls . after torino, every one mao her self included thougt she will have the best chance to win in vancouver, but Yuna got it.
    And let's not forget Kimmie Meissner and Caroline Zhang, also expected to be podium threats in 2010. Funny how that worked out...

vCash
    Quote Originally Posted by pinky166 View Post
    And let's not forget Kimmie Meissner and Caroline Zhang, also expected to be podium threats in 2010. Funny how that worked out...
    Adelina and Liza are far more talented than these two though and have better technique. It's far too early to predict who's going to be the next OGM winner but I think it's very likely they will be in the running. I'm only really concerned about Liza's Mishin-style packaging but then it never detered Plushenko from reaching the top.

vCash
    Random Adelina question: I can't help noticing that her birthday is July 1, 1996. This would have made her 13 in time for the 2009-10 JGP, no? And hadn't she just won the Russian Nats on the senior level? Was there ever an explanation given as to why they waited a year to send her out?

En el trabajo en mi obra maestra, "Bodegón de rosas, las toronjas y el Planetario", que se llevará algún tiempo.
    vCash
    Quote Originally Posted by victoriaheidi View Post
    Random Adelina question: I can't help noticing that her birthday is July 1, 1996. This would have made her 13 in time for the 2009-10 JGP, no? And hadn't she just won the Russian Nats on the senior level? Was there ever an explanation given as to why they waited a year to send her out?
    I wonder if that's a typo on her ISU bio; this one says that her birthday is actually July 11.

vCash
    Quote Originally Posted by pinky166 View Post
    I never expected them to be podium threats. They already had all sorts of technical issues back in 2006/7, and that was pre-puberty for them. And technical issues are even harder to fix during or post-puberty.

Mao and Yuna had, and these two young Russian girls have, a legitimate shot because they had/ have everything at a young age. The only variables were puberty.

vCash
    Quote Originally Posted by falling_dance View Post
    I wonder if that's a typo on her ISU bio; this one says that her birthday is actually July 11.
    Icenetwork says her birthday is January 1, 1996

I'm confused

Anyways, I think if she is born on July 1 she is to young, she would have to have been 14 BY July 1st and she turned 14 ON it (if that's her actual birthday).

vCash
    IceNetwork is definitely wrong. I think they saw the 01.06.1996 birthday and assumed it was January 1st, 1996, since that's what it would be in America, but in European countries - which is the format the ISU uses - it's June 1st.

IceNetwork is wrong more often than it's right, so don't rely on them for accurate info.

vCash
    Quote Originally Posted by oleada View Post
    IceNetwork is definitely wrong. I think they saw the 01.06.1996 birthday and assumed it was January 1st, 1996, since that's what it would be in America, but in European countries - which is the format the ISU uses - it's June 1st.

IceNetwork is wrong more often than it's right, so don't rely on them for accurate info.
    Shouldn't it be January 6th, if they were following American system. So Icenetwork, like its preview of JGP events is wrong on multiple levels.

vCash
    Quote Originally Posted by Domshabfan View Post
    Shouldn't it be January 6th, if they were following American system. So Icenetwork, like its preview of JGP events is wrong on multiple levels.
    Remember when they didn't include Sotnikova in their preview of the JGP in Austria?

vCash
    Quote Originally Posted by Marco View Post
    So far, Sotnikova is the one to beat. She has a natural ease and elegance to her skating and is packaged very well. Tuktymasheva in contrast is extremely poorly packaged and her Plushenko-esque style is so outdated.
    I really believe that plushenkomania should appear in the psychiatry and psychology books. It will be a huge breakthrough for the psychic pathology.

vCash
    Quote Originally Posted by victoriaheidi View Post
    Last year Russian FSF asked ISU to allow Adelina compete at the JGP, but ISU said no. The rules says skater must turned 13 before July,1. Adelina's coach said it in the interview after JGPF

vCash
    Elizaveta's surname is Tuktamysheva. Correct the title if you can, please.

vCash
    Quote Originally Posted by ciocio View Post
    I really believe that plushenkomania should appear in the psychiatry and psychology books. It will be a huge breakthrough for the psychic pathology.
    Sure.

But the fault really lies with Mishin.

vCash
    Ultimately I wouldnt bet on either winning the 2014 Olympic Gold. If even Irina Slutskaya, by far the greatest Russian female skater in history, couldnt do it, then I dont think the odds of either of these 2 youngsters as talented as they are is that great.

vCash
    Quote Originally Posted by Marco View Post
    Sure.

But the fault really lies with Mishin.
    I´ve heard people complaining that Sotnikova is a mini Mao, so we already have a maomania vs a plushymania. Tarasova and Mishin should provide a cure!

Page 2 of 6 FirstFirst 1234 ... LastLast