Page 2 of 3 FirstFirst 123 LastLast
    moving right along
    vCash
    I want some Pink Panther action too.

But I guess the network feels the need to set the stage for Ladies. Makes sense, since they clearly have no interest in featuring pairs or dance ever...meh.

vCash
    i'd've rather seen highlights of the 5th place men's finisher and all of the 1st place winners in dance's program. ugh NBC!
    According to Charlie Brown, there are three things you can't help but stare at: a babbling brook, a crackling fire and a Zamboni clearing the ice.

vCash
    ugh...poor Rachel...it looks like she's just doing a practice run-thru at home. NBC has no mercy.
    According to Charlie Brown, there are three things you can't help but stare at: a babbling brook, a crackling fire and a Zamboni clearing the ice.

vCash
    Rachael's issues have been well discusses, but she really should get her money back for that choreography - it's just dated and tragic.

moving right along
    vCash
    sigh. Racheel's in betweens are totally dismal. She looks like she's skating a practice session without any intention to actually skate full out.

it went on forever (quoting Tracy) for both Rachael AND the rest of us too.

vCash
    Quote Originally Posted by semogal View Post
    At least you saw some skating, my NBC affiliate is showing church services.
    I'm really sorry - happens to me a lot, but thankfully not today.

Quote Originally Posted by LadyNit View Post
    But I guess the network feels the need to set the stage for Ladies. Makes sense, since they clearly have no interest in featuring pairs or dance ever...meh.
    I really don't get it. How can they generate interest if they don't televise the discipline? And the USA has been SO much more successful in ice dance these past 5 years than ever before; how can they build up athlete interest if they don't televise the event?

Quote Originally Posted by JamieElena View Post
    i'd've rather seen highlights of the 5th place men's finisher and all of the 1st place winners in dance's program. ugh NBC!
    That makes far too much sense for NBC.

Okay, off the bitch wagon for now. I'm just going to sit back and enjoy the top 5 ladies.

vCash
    Quote Originally Posted by pollyanna View Post
    Okay, off the bitch wagon for now. I'm just going to sit back and enjoy the top 5 ladies.
    Yes, I'm excited to see all of them in HD today.

Miki's skate didn't speak to me yday AM, but it did on the broadcast - ditto for Kozuka.

vCash
    Bobrova sighting during the backstage footage of Alyssa.
    Last edited by JamieElena; 12-12-2010 at 06:24 PM. Reason: clarification

vCash
    Duh, didn't know this was on until now. Was going to drive up to the rink for synchro but the weather is iffy. Haven't gotten to see Akiko's skate yet. Yea for Jewish Japanese programs! You can't help but root for Akiko, knowing what she's been through and seeing how excited she always seems to enjoy skating.

vCash
    I love watching Akiko Suzuki. So much joy in her skating. She looks like she truly loves to skate and skates for no other reason.

vCash
    Quote Originally Posted by pollyanna View Post
    I love watching Akiko Suzuki. So much joy in her skating. She looks like she truly loves to skate and skates for no other reason.
    ITA!

vCash
    Alka Seltzer boy is creepy.

Sorry to hear that Rachael's miserable FS was shown in full, while D/W's FD was shown only in part. Oh, NBC, you know nothing.

vCash
    Yeah, Murakami is going to have trouble with those jumps in the future with the swingy entries and high-kicking picking leg. . . NOW would be a good time to fix these things! She has a weird tendency to sort of bounce around while stroking into a jump, too.

vCash
    Call me a softie, but I never get tired of those "She doesn't realize it yet . . . NOW she does!" moments.
    Charter member of the "We Always Believed in Ashley" Club and the "We Believe in Ricky" Club

vCash
    Quote Originally Posted by Wyliefan View Post
    Call me a softie, but I never get tired of those "She doesn't realize it yet . . . NOW she does!" moments.
    Me too. I thought it was so cute.

I really enjoy Carolina's skating in this program. Very mature and elegant and beautiful. Much less frantic and coltish than in the past.

vCash
    Heh, me too, Wyliefan. There are skaters whose skating I really dislike but the "WOW, [surprise] I did well" reactions are always enjoyable.

Really love this program for Carolina. It's like it forces her to slow down and make the most of every movement and/or really invest them with meaning. Agree with the poster who said that the colors on this dress need to be more intense. They're pretty but the do tend to disappear on the ice.

Love how Alissa's dress sort of says "water" and a lot of the music sounds like water flowing.

vCash
    I think this is a great program for Alissa. But there is something insanely calming about this music. Like every time it comes on, I feel a sudden intense urge to fall asleep right then and there. It makes it really hard for me to watch Alissa skate.

vCash
    Awww, headcase hug! Nice sportsmanship from Carolina.

vCash
    YAY for two "old ladies" coming 1-2 in the comp

Kostner Softie
    vCash
    Quote Originally Posted by oleada View Post
    Awww, headcase hug! Nice sportsmanship from Carolina.
    That was soooo cute!!

Page 2 of 3 FirstFirst 123 LastLast