Page 2 of 2 FirstFirst 12
    Vacant
    vCash
    Quote Originally Posted by allezfred View Post
    That was far too simple for a showdance from Pamela & James.
    She IS 60 Have to say she looks amazing. You just know she'll have a fitness DVD out in the New Year. Can't believe the difference in her figure.

Prick Admin
    vCash
    Pamela out first. I thought I was watching something else when the judges had them in first overall.

Think Kara is the better dancer, but wouldn't be surprised (or bothered) if Matt won.
    To think that fun is simple fun, while earnest things are earnest, proves all too plain that neither one thou truthfully discernest.

Prick Admin
    vCash
    To think that fun is simple fun, while earnest things are earnest, proves all too plain that neither one thou truthfully discernest.

Vacant
    vCash
    Agreed. I think Matt is one of the best male dancers they've ever had. Way better style and technique than some of the sports star males who have won but for some reason the judges have tried to play him down. Kara is the better dancer though.

Vacant
    vCash
    Well congrats, very well deserved! Kara's gonna get one hell of a date with Artem tomorrow..... or tonight

Prick Admin
    vCash
    Quote Originally Posted by floskate View Post
    Well congrats, very well deserved! Kara's gonna get one hell of a date with Artem tomorrow..... or tonight

And thank goodness that I don't have to live with the of a Kartem uber if they'd lost.

vCash
    Love Kara, Artem's choreography overall was brilliant (except the showdance - what was he thinking ) - delighted they won!
    Wouldn't have minded Matt winning - judges were incredibly harsh on him over the series.
    Pamela was a good dancer, but her personality began to grate on me after a while.

OmnipresentAdmeanistrator
    vCash
    Quote Originally Posted by allezfred View Post
    I'd have it Kara, Matt and Pamela. I found James's waltz choreo incredibly cheesy. Sorry, Windspirit.
    You call it cheesy, I call it simply beautiful. Maybe if you weren't so scared of your Kartem uber you could see the truth! (btw, want cheesy, try rumba to Santana's overused track )

I haven't seen the show yet (I have to download it first), but I found the results online. I am disappointed. Pamela & James gave me so much joy I would have loved to see them win. I know how much James wanted it. But most of all, I can't believe it's over and I won't get to see another dance next week. Now, that's truly sad. They danced beautifully, had fabulous chemistry and lots of fun. Someone made this clip highlighting their journey. OMG they really tried the handless lift on his shoulders (that James and his wife did in one of the professional dances). I thought Pamela was joking. That woman had no fear. I'll miss her.

If I couldn't have P&J win, I wish Matt had done it. Kara does absolutely nothing for me. She dances well technically, but I find her insipid. I see "clinical competence", as someone put it. She doesn't engage me. The only dance where I felt any connection was her Argentine Tango. That was superb. Btw, I still remember her frantic samba where she moved at times as if she was being exorcised. Not pretty (the lift was awesome though).

Having said all that, I can't begrudge Kara & Artem for their win. They are both very talented and they worked hard. Just because I don't "feel" them doesn't mean they don't project that well for others. Different people respond to different things. I could never be an uber who sees the world in black and white and thinks their opinion is the universal truth.

So congratulations to Kara & Artem. Well done, enjoy your win (and each other)

As Kara does nothing for me, and I coudn't have Pamela win, as a compromise, I'll just watch Artem dancing the rumba with James again.

vCash
    I must admit I was glad that Kara and Artem won in the end. I think she wasn't as technically brilliant as they were making her out to be (I thought her arms in the rumba were actually quite lacking in fluidity despite Craig going on about how amazing they were on ITT this week) and she had a weird lack of use of her arms in turns out of hold that made her look awkward. However, that being said, I did enjoy most of the dances she and Artem did and felt they at least had a genuine connection that made me enjoy watching their dances.

I liked Matt and Aliona as well but some of her choreographic choices were bizarre at best. The salsa from a few weeks ago wasn't as bad as the judges made it out to be (I wasn't bothered by the gyrating section!) but it was a bit too basic and Aliona should have known she'd get picked up on it. I also thought the paso could have had so much of a wow factor and it just kind of fell flat. I do wonder what Matt could have done with a pro who would have had a bit more of a clue (not that I'm bitter that my fave pro girl Flavia got saddled with someone crap again or anything...)

I thought all the showdances were pretty bad. I thought after Matt's that he had totally handed it to Kara on a plate considering how disjointed it was, but then hers wasn't much better. I'm glad that they put them earlier in the show than they're normally shown because it would have been a bit anticlimatic to have them at the end!

As much as I like James (controversial but he's pretty and I'm shallow) I wasn't too keen on Pamela and I thought she'd been overmarked quite a few times. I was out when she danced her quickstep which got 40 so I figured it must have been really good. When I got home and watched it I was scratching my head at where the 40 came from. Even the tap she'd put into it wasn't great - a couple of shuffles, a few tap springs and she was missing sounds as well (thought Craig would have picked up on that). Not surprised that they went first because their showdance was totally underwhelming. Not really sure what else James could have put in because he couldn't exactly fling her about but the whole Dirty Dancing thing has been done to death because of Brendan's obsession with Dirty Dancing.

Overall though I think I enjoyed the series more than I have for the last couple of years. I much preferred it back in series 4 and 5 and I don't think it'll get back to that level again but at least I liked the winners this year. Kara's one lucky girl because Artem's absolutely gorgeous and I must admit I did mist up slightly at the end when he kissed her. I am unashamedly soppy!

Prick Admin
    vCash
    Kara Tointon Treated In Hospital

The elated champion has had to be whisked to hospital where medics revealed she had torn ligaments in her lower arm.

Page 2 of 2 FirstFirst 12