Watch me move
    vCash

Prince Charles' Car Attacked by Protesters

I wasn't aware that the Royal Family were personally responsible for setting university tuition fees....

http://www.nytimes.com/2010/12/10/wo...10britain.html
    Who wants to watch rich people eat pizza? They must have loved that in Bangladesh. - Randy Newman on the 2014 Oscars broadcast

KWEEN 2016! YES WE KWAN!
    vCash
    EYS. All the more ironic, hasn't Prince Charles sympathized with New Labour in the past?

More at http://www.bbc.co.uk/news/ .

Sending my thoughts and prayers to the people of Elliott Lake :(
    vCash
    From what I understood from the News earlier, it was a case of being in the wrong place at the wrong time sort of a thing.

While I more than understand the anger behind what the UK Government is doing w/Uni Tutition, violence isn't the answer either. Stupid!!

Dashing Between Bennetton and Krispy Kreme
    vCash
    In the latest news, Prince Charles and Camilla have had their carriage attacked during student riots in London. To calm Camilla down, panicked assistants rushed to her side with a bag of oats.
    Last edited by essence_of_soy; 12-10-2010 at 12:29 AM.

KWEEN 2016! YES WE KWAN!
    vCash

vCash
    Quote Originally Posted by essence_of_soy View Post
    In the latest news, Prince Charles and Camilla have had their carriage attacked during student riots in London. To calm Camilla down, panicked assistants rushed to her side with a bag of oats.
    Just wrong.

vCash
    Quote Originally Posted by overedge View Post
    I wasn't aware that the Royal Family were personally responsible for setting university tuition fees....

http://www.nytimes.com/2010/12/10/wo...10britain.html
    As pointed out already, it was a case of them being in the wrong place at the wrong time.

People are extremely angry and they're going to lash out at anybody seen as "connected to the system."

Which could be seen as rather silly in this case, because Charles has been a moderately left-wing activist for a long time now.

Port de bras!!!
    vCash
    That comb-over alone might have triggered the attack.
    "Nature is a damp, inconvenient sort of place where birds and animals wander about uncooked."

from Speedy Death

Sending my thoughts and prayers to the people of Elliott Lake :(
    vCash
    While I'm not a fan of Camilla's in the least, I don't find the snarky comments at all funny. This is the worst screwup on the part of the Royalty Diplomatic Protection Squad in years and has brought up memories of the kidnap attempt on Princess Anne back in the day. There's nothing funny about this at all.

The Daily Mail ~ ROYAL CAR ATTACK ~ Royal protection officers 'seconds from drawing their guns on mob' after Camilla was hit in ribs by thug through car's open window

That's not the only disgusting thing this mob did yesterday, as they also defiled some rather important momuments in London, most of all of those being the National Cenataph.

Still think it's funny?

vCash
    Actually, it's pretty odd that no one in the car thought to put the window up until after the poking. Stuck in a mob of screaming people, and your window is down - too removed from normal life to even think how to operate something for yourself? Expect others to take care of it for you? Quite the wake up call there.

As for the vandalism - add the clean up and repair costs onto the tuition hike.

vCash
    I agree the situation all around is extremely tough, and while I can certainly understand the plight of the protestors, the tuition hike is insanely high in a bad economy, there is absolutely NO justifiable excuse for what took place last night.

I absolutely 150% agree with the student's right to protest. I probably would have been one of them, but do it peacefully! The Royal Family had nothing to do with the government lifting the cap on tuition fees. There is no reason why this kind of brutish and disgusting behavior took place last night. The people to direct your anger at (in a peaceful manner of course) is the government, vote them out of office, chant, write, sing, do whatever you want as long as it is peaceful and does NOT bring harm to any other individuals.

This goes for any individual, it doesn't matter if it's the royals or not. To attack any kind of person out of the blue is unacceptable and should never be tolerated!

Rant Done
    Kyle

Crashing Nancy Kerrigan's float in the Disney Parade
    vCash
    Quote Originally Posted by essence_of_soy View Post
    "You must spread some reputation around before giving it to essence_of_soy again."

This was so deliciously snarky
    Quote Originally Posted by IceAlisa View Post
    That comb-over alone might have triggered the attack.
    TeeHee!

"You must spread some reputation around before giving it to IceAlisa again."
    Last edited by escaflowne9282; 12-10-2010 at 10:07 PM.

vCash
    According to this article, the student protests may well have been hijacked by others who caused the violence:

http://www.newsweek.com/2010/12/10/l...-students.html

vCash
    Quote Originally Posted by attyfan View Post
    According to this article, the student protests may well have been hijacked by others who caused the violence:

http://www.newsweek.com/2010/12/10/l...-students.html
    Wouldn't surprise me.

I support the student protest, but I do NOT support the violence. I think it's disgusting. That blanket statement also covers the police who are acting like complete thugs. Protesters and police alike were acting like animals that day, and it completely detracts from the issue which is...David Cameron making university education so expensive that only the rich can afford it. Again.

SO glad that I'll be finished before his changes come in