Page 3 of 3 FirstFirst 123
    Skating Pairs with Drew
    vCash
    Quote Originally Posted by skatemommy View Post
    A side note in a gift giving thread...I had a fleece robe and fleece pajamas given to me by well meaning Mom & MIL. I went over to the local nursing home and asked if someone could use them (brand new w/tags). The staff were so thankful and said they were going to wrap them up for a resident who doesn't have any family in the area. on the way out thinking that my unwanted things will be the only gift a dear elderly lady gets on Christmas. (My dad was there for rehab and they took good care of him).

Bless you! Adults need gifts too, but since they aren't cute or adorable nobody wants to give to them. I stopped on the way home from work and blew another $30.00 on Christmas prep for my group members. By the time this holiday is over I will have spent over $300.00 on them in addition to the money I spend on group supplies every week. It is so worth it though.

vCash
    Quote Originally Posted by mmscfdcsu View Post
    Bless you! Adults need gifts too, but since they aren't cute or adorable nobody wants to give to them. I stopped on the way home from work and blew another $30.00 on Christmas prep for my group members. By the time this holiday is over I will have spent over $300.00 on them in addition to the money I spend on group supplies every week. It is so worth it though.
    I know the workers there don't make much. It is a fundamentally Medicaid/Medicare facility. The staffer said, "Oh my, these are so beautiful, I'm going to let our activities director know about them". But I can imagine every staff wants the clients to be happy and spends their own money on the residents. Salavation Army, Goodwill, thrift stores are so "high end" anymore that there really isn't a lot of bargains there anymore. So yes encouraging FSU to make a senior holiday bright and blessing those that have donated to Salavation Army Tree, Samaritan's Purse, etc.
    "awwww....shades of Janet Lynn" - Dick Button on anyone who makes more than one mistake in their program.

Skating Pairs with Drew
    vCash
    Quote Originally Posted by skatemommy View Post
    I know the workers there don't make much. It is a fundamentally Medicaid/Medicare facility. The staffer said, "Oh my, these are so beautiful, I'm going to let our activities director know about them". But I can imagine every staff wants the clients to be happy and spends their own money on the residents. Salavation Army, Goodwill, thrift stores are so "high end" anymore that there really isn't a lot of bargains there anymore. So yes encouraging FSU to make a senior holiday bright and blessing those that have donated to Salavation Army Tree, Samaritan's Purse, etc.
    We try to do many of the little things, since we can't afford the big things. We take special pictures of each client and present them to client and family. We know it means a lot. Many of our clients have no pictures of themselves. A couple of families have ended up using our pictures in the client's obit!

All I want for me is decent weather on Christmas Eve. I really want to make it to church.

http://campaign.r20.constantcontact....owilMZ8_EEY%3D

Page 3 of 3 FirstFirst 123