Page 2 of 2 FirstFirst 12
    vCash
    Quote Originally Posted by ponta1 View Post
    she is a lovely person inside and out.
    yes, she seems to me too a very nice person.

As for her skating, I like her jumps, and I've enjoyed some of her programs.
    Thus, also her LP at last years worlds was great for me (I thought she was gonna to medal after that).

vCash
    There are many things to like about Miki, she is nice, pretty, talented, and hardworking.

vCash
    I think she made improvements, like her posture. Just compare her jerky footwork from the 2007 worlds to 2009. She used to stick her bottom out when she does her step sequences in 2007. I've seen some extremely bitter comments about Miki becoming a world champion and that was no watered down competition at all. It's not her fault that her competitors didn't deliver.

Miki would have benefited more if she chose a different choreographer. Morozov hasn't really produced any program post 2006 worth talking about (in a good way).

vCash
    Personally, I do not think Miki is a very good 'competitor'. She seems far too sensitive and fragile for that. She said some time ago she didn't always enjoy being the centre of attention and being watched (not ideal as a figure skater!) - I am not sure whether that is a sad consequence of being chased by paparazzi 24/7 as a fragile teenager before Torino Olympics or a trait she was born with. She was also a target of a huge amount of bashing and some nasty anonymous messages directly sent to her, calling her names, criticising her appearance, etc, after her disappointing performance at Torino Olympics. Poor girl suffered so much. Moving to Morozov and consequently to the US, away from Japanese media attention, helped her a lot, she said.

Perhaps that was the reason why she sometimes appears rigid and lacking on-ice personality during the competition. I always enjoy her performance in galas so much more, where she can be freer, more fluid, expressive in a more natural way and often breathtakingly beautiful and touching.

Anyway, that's my opinion. Also the commentators of British Eurosport think completely opposite of what some members of FSU think, and they never fail to appreciate and commend on her performance, its beauty and her presence on ice. They are in love with Miki!

vCash

If only miki would...

I love Miki’s jumps… they are monster and powerful looking and they always take my breath away. The thing that I hate is her skating between the jumps. Part of the problem is that Miki carries herself across the ice in a very straight up and down way and doesn’t make her movements stretch out and look big. Her edges seem clunky and completely disjointed from her music. This most recent change in her short program was not really necessary considering it’s the SAME FRAMEWORK different music. The one thing that I can say about a skater like Yu NA is that her material looks completely different every season. This would be nice to see except Miki just does not have that type of range capacity with regards to different music genres to have an extensive repertoire. I think that this is why it’s easy to get bored watching her year after year… it’s the same program just different music. I will say that her programs in 2009 I think were really great! Its just too bad she didn’t have them last year although I don’t think she could have landed on the podium. Her performances of them however at the worlds in LA were great to see.

Now she seems to be really minimal in her effort. With most skaters’ its easy to see that they have been working hard at fixing glaring errors or weaknesses. There are even cases where their hard work pays off and is extremely visible. Yu Na for example fixed her long program inconsistency issues, Alissa is getting her stride back after fighting for years etc. Miki really needs to break through soon with programs that highlight her greatest strength…the jumps. She might always be a lopsided skater in that she is extremely good in the jump area but weak artistically but now she’s not even good with the JUMPS… I hope that she gets it together, private issues aside because she is one of my favorites to watch.

BTW, since i am a full time adult student, i am incapable of writing short responces...hehehehe

Page 2 of 2 FirstFirst 12