Page 2 of 2 FirstFirst 12

vCash
    Quote Originally Posted by manleywoman View Post
    I was listening to an interview with James Taylor today on NPR. He lived in the Dakota as well. He said me met Mark Chapman a day or two before the murder and Chapman shoved him up against a wall. Very odd.

Did he say whether or not he reported it to the police or building security?

vCash
    Quote Originally Posted by manleywoman View Post
    I was listening to an interview with James Taylor today on NPR. He lived in the Dakota as well. He said me met Mark Chapman a day or two before the murder and Chapman shoved him up against a wall. Very odd.
    That's so scary!

We were visiting friends the night of the murder. We didn't have the radio on as we were driving home, so we didn't find out about it until the next morning.

RIP, John. your music lives on.

vCash
    Quote Originally Posted by judiz View Post
    I was attending college on Long Island and a massive Beatles fan. My roommate and I were planning on going to the Dakota that night to see if we could get John's autograph when he returned from the studio. At the last minute we wound up rescheduling the trip for the following night. Had we gone as planned, we would had been there when he was killed. I always wondered if it would had made a difference?
    This is an amazing story. You may have scared him off but a psychopath probably would've just shown up the next night..

Page 2 of 2 FirstFirst 12