View Poll Results: Who is the male version of Miki Ando?

Voters
102. You may not vote on this poll
  • Evgeni Plushenko

10 9.80%
  • Evan Lysacek

4 3.92%
  • Brian Joubert

33 32.35%
  • Nobunari Oda

13 12.75%
  • Kevin Van Der Perren

27 26.47%
  • Kevin Reynolds

5 4.90%
  • Michal Brezina

4 3.92%
  • Other - please identify in post

6 5.88%
Page 4 of 4 FirstFirst ... 234
    vCash
    Quote Originally Posted by chipso1 View Post
    Your point? Do you really think it's accurate to compare points from an event in early October (for which Rochette was a last minute replacement and obviously wasn't training full-out for)?
    And still beat Ando easily.

vCash
    Quote Originally Posted by judgejudy27 View Post
    Thats nice, so why not compare just their TES from jumps of both at the Japan Open. If Rochette was not a semi retired skater who competed all season she obviously would have improved a great deal as the season went along just like everyone else has, and just like she and others always have in the past. Heck the level of the ladies so far this season even someone like Rochette would have won everything so far, unless she had a splatfest somewhere along the way.
    Umm...You are the one claiming that Rochette is the second best jumper out there right now, but clearly Miki is capable of consistently landing her content in the long program. Anyway, I don't believe Miki was planning on peaking at the Japan Open. I compared Rochette's best(and only) performance and technical content to that of Ando's and well Ando is better(as far as jumps). Sorry.

Im also not sure how you can claim that Yu Na Kim has the best jumps currently when we even have yet to see her compete once this season. Basically you are comparing what Yu-Na did nearly a year ago as your basis for claiming she has the best jumps. This is even more off base than my comparison of two skates at different competitions.
    Last edited by Lainerb; 12-11-2010 at 10:03 PM.

vCash
    Quote Originally Posted by Lainerb View Post
    Umm...You are the one claiming that Rochette is the second best jumper out there right now, but clearly Miki is capable of consistently landing her content in the long program. Anyway, I don't believe Miki was planning on peaking at the Japan Open. I compared Rochette's best(and only) performance and technical content to that of Ando's and well Ando is better(as far as jumps). Sorry.
    Read chipso's post to summarize your sorely flawed logic. I am surprised you are so boastful too after your beloved Ando could only manage 5th place at the GP final even after being gifted the most woeful field in the events 15 year history to play with.

vCash
    Read chipso's post to summarize your sorely flawed logic. I am surprised you are so boastful too after your beloved Ando could only manage 5th place at the GP final even after being gifted the most woeful field in the events 15 year history to play with.
    Why? Because her freeskate has the highest score of any lady so far this season on the GP series. She also went for every jump that she had planned in this event. Sure she failed during the short program, but it shows the determination she has.
    Last edited by Lainerb; 12-11-2010 at 10:14 PM.

vCash
    Dear, Miki was far behind after the short program and had a lot of catching up to do. Miki would have won had she skated a clean short program.

vCash
    Quote Originally Posted by MikiAndoFan#1 View Post
    Dear, Miki was far behind after the short program and had a lot of catching up to do. Miki would have won had she skated a clean short program.
    Indeed, Miki is pushing herself when she doesn't have too. It's apparent that Miki is nearly as in fine of a form as she has ever been and it will just be matter of time before she skates two clean programs. Let's see how Miki does once she recovers from her back injury.

Page 4 of 4 FirstFirst ... 234