Page 3 of 3 FirstFirst 123

vCash
    I agree with many already mentioned, and will add a couple of my favorites:

- Sasha Cohen Malaguena SP 2003/2004
    - Totminina/Marinan - Snowstorm SP 2006
    - Shen/Zhao - Nutcracker LP 2004

vCash
    Quote Originally Posted by gkelly View Post
    No, that was from 2000, several years before the first version of the new judging system was introduced.

What you might be thinking of is that starting in the 1999 season there were required elements in free dances, so free dances from that era were more similarly structured to each other than FDs from 1998 and before.

Also introduced at that time were required deductions for falls in dance.

But the scoring until 2003 was all 6.0.
    Ahh! That must be it! I associate required elements with CoP so I'm getting confused.

vCash
    Quote Originally Posted by pinky166 View Post
    Well, I think that program showcased all of Evan's strengths, and he did win the World Title with it. Everything in that program was constructed to gain points under COP, and it worked. Of course it wasn't the most interesting or inspiring program, but it was VERY COP friendly.
    I guess, to me, CoP-friendly ≠ outstanding and/or memorable.

When I think of someone who milked CoP like a cow yet managed to make his programs outstanding and memorable, I think of Jeffrey Buttle.

Definitely not Evan Lysacek.

vCash
    Quote Originally Posted by ltnskater View Post
    Hmmm...interesting...seems like COP hasn't "sucked" the light out of skating programs as much as people think...
    Bingo!

Quote Originally Posted by mia joy View Post

am I the only one who sees that these 3 were practically the same dance over and over again?
    No, not just you...

Pechalat & Bourzat Flamenco OD 2008 comes in my mind, adding to the performances mentioned above, as well as Samuel Contesti's cowboy FS from 2009. And, well, Preaubert's extremely hideous but and earlier programs (the one where he is a bee, and the Mask one). They sure are memorable.

vCash
    After watching the JPGF SP performances from last night, I'm going to add with Elizaveta Tuktamyshewa's SP 10-11. Yeah, it's her first season even as a junior, and she needs a bit more polish, but I really like it. Not only are her transitions and footwork sequence actually timed well to the music, but the way she holds her arms and hands and the positions she uses for the little mini-spins all really reflect the character of the music. Very refreshing, after a season of flamenco that doesn't look like flamenco, endless tangos that don't look like tango, two Michael Jackson programs that have very little Michael Jackson in them, and on and on. Plus: not warhorse music!

vCash
    Mao Asada 07 SP (Nocturne)

Yu na Kim 2010 LP

Totmianina-Marinin 2006 SP (Snowstorm)

Virtue-Moir 2010 FD

Davis-White 2010 OD

Matt Savoie 2006 SP (Barber's adagio), LP (The mission)

Johnny Weir 2006 SP (The Swan)

Kawaguchi-Smirnov 2010 SP (The swan)

Takahashi 2010 LP (La Strada)

Irina Slutskaya 2006 SP (Totentanz)

Sasha Cohen 2006 SP (Dark eyes)

Shizuka Arakawa 2006 LP (Turandot)

That's all I can think of right now.

vCash
    Quote Originally Posted by Tak View Post
    A/P Carmina Burana was a masterpiece - no doubt - and IIRC that was under some early version of CoP. I'm not sure if that fits the requirement of CoP program though, since it was very different from the current version, from what I remember.
    !

A&P never skated under COP. They won the OGM in 2002, then turned pro. They skated to Carmina Burana in 2000. There was no COP in 2002 and before, in any version.

Page 3 of 3 FirstFirst 123