Page 5 of 7 FirstFirst ... 34567 LastLast
    vCash
    OUCH! Street Corner Symphony really did not do well at all. With 2 groups going home tonight, they have got to be worried.

I totally agree that the opening sequence was FAB!!

vCash
    OTIS REDDING MEDLEY!!!!!!!! YESSSSSS! Talk of the Town wins round 1 for me. They were my least favorite up til now even though they are good. The other teams kinda bored me with their medleys for some reason. I feel like they missed some really interesting potential choices. Usher was a semi-interesting choice but Gaga and Beatles are pretty overdone. Garbage, Toad the Wet Sprocket, Alanis, Fiona Apple, Tori Amos....those would be some cool medleys. Let's see round 2, who knows what will happen......

vCash
    Why the heck did the producers give them Otis? Talk about handing it to them.
    AceOn6, the golf loving skating fan

vCash
    I thought Street Corner Symphony would go.

vCash

Spoiler

And The Final Countdown. Hilarious. Loved that speech, haha. Ben folding under the pressure, not a bunch of pussycats, and turned from boyz 2 men...just want to sing for just one more night (una noche).

vCash
    Oh for crissakes. "Let's Stay Together"? This is very very predictable. I must be in a bad mood tonight. Or just spoiled by the INCREDIBLE early round performances. Zzzzzzzz

vCash
    Quote Originally Posted by haribobo View Post
    Oh for crissakes. "Let's Stay Together"? This is very very predictable. I must be in a bad mood tonight. Or just spoiled by the INCREDIBLE early round performances. Zzzzzzzz
    Tonight has been a little off. I was, of course, hoping for Jerry Lawson and TOTT to go home, but I knew that wasn't going to happen. I'm kind of shocked that SCS was in the bottom 2.
    Logic is in the eye of the logician --Gloria Steinem

vCash
    Quote Originally Posted by haribobo View Post

Spoiler

I've kinda been ready to dump

Spoiler

since the first night, actually.

SCS might have just saved themselves with that performance. Great song choice.

The song choices in the second round = one more reason why these judges rock. Backbeats didn't do as much with theirs as I expected, though.
    Last edited by LuckyCharm; 12-16-2010 at 02:35 AM.

vCash
    Down on the Corner was wonderful. Thought Landslide was very nice actually also and they did as much with that song as one could, really. Hmm, I cannot predict this round either.

vCash
    Um, wow.

vCash
    Quote Originally Posted by SharonDudd View Post
    OUCH! Street Corner Symphony really did not do well at all. With 2 groups going home tonight, they have got to be worried.

I totally agree that the opening sequence was FAB!!
    Sharon! I'm surprised (because we usually agree) -- were we listening to the same group? I loved their "Down On The Corner"!

vCash
    Quote Originally Posted by Nora_Charles View Post
    Sharon! I'm surprised (because we usually agree) -- were we listening to the same group? I loved their "Down On The Corner"!
    I think Sharon posted that right after their Beatles medley, before their second act.

vCash
    That's correct. I too VASTLY preferred their Down on the Corner to their Beatles medley. So glad they rebounded.

vCash
    Second round was definitely better. Except for BackBeat - I didn't like the song choice for them. I even seriously wondered if Courtney was so emotional at the end because she thought they had gotten stuck with a dud song they couldn't do anything with and that she was sure they would get eliminated. (On a side note, in a group with two exotically beautiful lead singer, Courtney more than holds her own. She just has this charisma that leaps through the camera whenever they zoom in on her.)

I think the second number from Committed was my favourite of the night, then Street Corner Symphony.

Satisfied skating fan
    vCash
    If NBC ever decided to expand Sing Off to a full season and put it against AI, I'd watch Sing Off instead. Better singers, better judges, no nonsense. I'd love for the groups to have more numbers.
    Those who never succeed themselves are always the first to tell you how.

what a glorious day!
    vCash
    Just when I think I've found my favorite number/group, another group comes along along and brings a number that touches me. While the singers are amazing, I am thrilled with the judges. So much knowledge, so much talent on this show.

vCash
    I completely agree with the judges decision to put the final 4 through. As disappointed as I was to lose OTR, the BackBeats blew me away. They got two potential land mines (Gaga and Landslide) and handled them quite well. Committed and JL/TotT were very good. The only clinker was the Beatles segment by SC, and they more than made up for it with Down on the Corner.

IIRC, the groups got all their songs in advance and had them ready for the tapings. Does anyone know if the show provided any support like Sue Bird on AI? If so, that person deserves a standing O.
    AceOn6, the golf loving skating fan

vCash
    Quote Originally Posted by LuckyCharm View Post
    I think Sharon posted that right after their Beatles medley, before their second act.
    Ah! That makes sense. I didn't like their Beatles medley, either. But I'm a little biased because of my (unpopular) opinion of Beatles music in general...

In my own little fantasy world where life is perfect for me!
    vCash
    Quote Originally Posted by Nora_Charles View Post
    .....I didn't like their Beatles medley, either. But I'm a little biased because of my (unpopular) opinion of Beatles music in general...
    Same here.

vCash
    Quote Originally Posted by BaileyCatts View Post
    Same here.
    I'm not a Beatles fan either, but I didn't mind SCS's Beatles medley. I didn't think anyone was particularly strong in the first round, so it didn't stand out to me as any worse than the other groups.
    Logic is in the eye of the logician --Gloria Steinem

Page 5 of 7 FirstFirst ... 34567 LastLast