Page 4 of 7 FirstFirst ... 23456 ... LastLast
    vCash
    I thought the right group was kicked off tonight.

vCash
    me too

vCash
    I will miss them because they definitely brought something different to the competition.. I'm not so sure they should have been dinged for trying to use their own style to the rock number - they don't ever comment on how the oldsters do just that too. (Not that I don't like the oldsters guys - just saying, and I think our street singers do the same thing too. Actually I have seen the most versatility in the Back Beats and On the Rocks. They have experimented a bit more and not always with the best results.

vCash
    I thought the decision was right. I think I'm the only person that can't stand Jerry Lawson and the Talk of the Town. My favorite performance of the night was Love Shack.
    Logic is in the eye of the logician --Gloria Steinem

vCash
    I think the judges send mixed messages about what they want from the performers.

vCash
    Quote Originally Posted by skatesindreams View Post
    I think the judges send mixed messages about what they want from the performers.
    I think it seems like they don't want to be too harsh or too nice, so they end up not saying much of anything.

vCash
    I'm not a fan of "Talk of the Town" and not sure why they made it through another round. They are not showing the versatility that the other groups are showing. They have the same lead singer, same dance movements, no beat-boxer. They are the same every number. I don't like the way this is going. If they make it through next week, I'm done and this series will be a waste for talented singers. I can't believe Sony is jumping for joy at the prospect of signing an outdated group.

vCash
    Jerry Lawson will be there until the finals. There's no way any industry folks will vote against their own. If TotT gets eliminated, it will be the voters who do it.

As long as the final has Committed and OTR, I'll be a happy camper.
    AceOn6, the golf loving skating fan

vCash
    Quote Originally Posted by Aceon6 View Post
    Jerry Lawson will be there until the finals. There's no way any industry folks will vote against their own. If TotT gets eliminated, it will be the voters who do it.

As long as the final has Committed and OTR, I'll be a happy camper.
    I know a lot of people really like Committed, but I haven't really loved any of their performances. I'd like to see Street Corner Symphony in the finals and Jerry Lawson out of the finals. Other than that, I'm open.

vCash
    I got all caught up last night, wow that was great. I didn't realize there was more than one show a week so I had a lot of performances to watch. On the Rocks is excellent, as is Committed and Streetcorner Symphony. I thought Groove for Thought was getting stale so they were the right elim- they weren't that great. Whiffenpoofs and Eleventh Hour were weak-ish for me so they were the proper elims last week. I'm kind of disappointed with Backbeats lately- their first week song to Beyonce was dynamite but since then, they've let their star singer do mostly background and their other not-nearly-as-good singers do leads. The "tin roof-rusted" was rather weak although they did a nice fun job with it. I think in this group, they are outclassed vocally as is the Jerry Lawson group, so I'm thinking those the next to go. Top 3 IMO should definitely be Committed, SS, and On the Rocks. On the Rocks sang Kyrie! and Pour Some Sugar! GOOD TASTE. GREAT SINGERS. And very animated and fun. LOVE LOVE LOVE. SS also is hitting this out of the park. Every guy in that group is amazing! I can't get over it. Also think Committed is really just stunning most of the time (although I hate Every Breath You Take as a cover song). They need some serious dentistry as do Talk of the Town. Great show.

Rickey.org has clips of all the performances online...

vCash
    How many groups will be in the finals? If Talk of the Town is guaranteed one of the spots, that means a really good group will be out of consideration.

vCash
    Tomorrow is the penultimate ep- finale on the 20th. So I guess they eliminate one tomorrow and 4 sing at finale.

vCash
    Quote Originally Posted by haribobo View Post
    Tomorrow is the penultimate ep- finale on the 20th. So I guess they eliminate one tomorrow and 4 sing at finale.
    I think tomorrow is a double elimination and 3 will perform in the final.

Official FSU Alte Kacher
    vCash
    I was rather fond of Groove for Thought, but then, I’m a huuge Manhattan Transfer fan.
    "Nothing in all the world is more dangerous than sincere ignorance and conscientious stupidity”– MLK

vCash
    Quote Originally Posted by Allen View Post
    I think tomorrow is a double elimination and 3 will perform in the final.
    That is correct - I "re-wound" right after they said so at the end of the show just to be sure I heard it correctly.

vCash
    I have enjoyed both Jerry Lawson & Talk of The Town and Groove for Thought, but neither group has really broken out of its comfort zone or shown a lot of versatility. I don't get the love for The Backbeats. They're okay, but I like other groups more. Hope Jerry Lawson isn't kept on out of respect.
    Never mess with a geocacher. We know the best places to hide a body....

vCash
    Semi-finals, here we go.

vCash
    Oh god this show is soooo fecking awesome. Make it never stop!

vCash
    I would love to just hang out with the On the Rocks guys. That'd be a good time.

Committed and Usher are a really good fit.
    Last edited by LuckyCharm; 12-16-2010 at 01:21 AM.

vCash
    OK I'm not sure what is going on tonight but I'm not really thrilled with anything so far. Not bad by any means, just kind of predictable and same-y. The opening full group routine was amazing though. I love these judges. Nicole is surprisingly varied and funny.

Page 4 of 7 FirstFirst ... 23456 ... LastLast