Page 3 of 7 FirstFirst 12345 ... LastLast

vCash
    Quote Originally Posted by LuckyCharm View Post
    Great job from Street Corner Symphony. Made me not hate that song for a few minutes.

Eleventh Hour with some shaky lead vocals IMO. Didn't think their arrangement on this was as good as what the did with the Bieber.
    I agree about SCS, they sounded great. I hate that song, but I loved their performance of it.

I am sure that Eleventh Hour is going on. I just don't see the judges sending Jerry Lawson home. I found Jerry Lawson's group to sound very thin and it just didn't feel rounded out to me like SCS and On the Rocks.
    Logic is in the eye of the logician --Gloria Steinem

vCash
    the 11th hour is a glee wanna be knock off. down to the costumes. They should be going.

vCash
    Quote Originally Posted by Allen View Post
    I agree about SCS, they sounded great. I hate that song, but I loved their performance of it.

I am sure that Eleventh Hour is going on. I just don't see the judges sending Jerry Lawson home. I found Jerry Lawson's group to sound very thin and it just didn't feel rounded out to me like SCS and On the Rocks.
    I'm nervous for On the Rocks. I think TOTT and SCS are definitely safe, but I'm afraid the judges will be reluctant to send the high-schoolers home and might sacrifice the frat-boys.

ETA: Or not.

vCash
    I'm nervous for On the Rocks. I think TOTT and SCS are definitely safe, but I'm afraid the judges will be reluctant to send the high-schoolers home and might sacrifice the frat-boys.

ETA: Or not.
    I was a little nervous about that too, but it looks like they decided to go with Eleventh Hour. I think Eleventh Hour's performance was so weak they had to send them home.

vCash
    I think Committed and GFT are safe. The Poofs will really have to bring it now.

vCash
    the poofs are not endearing themselves to me. Michael Buble. and they have zero dance ability

vCash
    Quote Originally Posted by numbers123 View Post
    the poofs are not endearing themselves to me. Michael Buble. and they have zero dance ability
    This song and arrangement don't play to their strengths at all. I think they're gone. Too bad, because I find them overall more entertaining than the Backbeats.

vCash
    This song and arrangement don't play to their strengths at all. I think they're gone. Too bad, because I find them overall more entertaining than the Backbeats.
    I didn't enjoy that performance very much, but I hated Commited's version of Apologize.

vCash
    I'm not watching right now, but I can tell you first-hand that The Whiffs do indeed have zero dance ability. Michael Buble? Yeah...that's probably as contemporary as they were going to get.

Spoiler

Last edited by cailuj365; 12-09-2010 at 02:55 AM.

vCash
    Poofs farewell song showed how good the can be.

Guilty pleasures next time! I love all those songs, and I don't feel at all guilty about it.

vCash
    Poofs farewell song showed how good the can be.

Guilty pleasures next time! I love all those songs, and I don't feel at all guilty about it.
    I'm so excited about Love Shack and Come On Eileen!

vCash
    I'm so excited about Love Shack and Come On Eileen!
    It will be good to see something more fun from the Backbeats.

vCash
    I think American Idol and DWTS could learn a lot from Ben Folds regarding what makes a good judge. He's informed and informative as well as enthusiastic and entertaining.

vCash
    Do they finally ditch the "brackets" by the round of 6 - I hope??? Seems to me one is always stronger than the other and that I could pick 2 or 3 from one and none from the other. Didn't even hear about this program last year for some reason but enjoying it so far. There is certainly a lot of variety in the styles out there. Do they ever give all the groups the same song and see how they shape it differently? Guess that might not be very fair as the actual song is sure to suit some groups more than others so maybe best they continue to choose their own material instead.

When I said I could have picked 2 or 3 groups - well just in trying to rank them against each other - they were all pretty enjoyable. I am not as into On the Rocks though.

Satisfied skating fan
    vCash
    Quote Originally Posted by Allskate View Post
    I think American Idol and DWTS could learn a lot from Ben Folds regarding what makes a good judge. He's informed and informative as well as enthusiastic and entertaining.
    I'd be thrilled with AI dumping all 3 judges and hiring all three from Sing off even Nicole "I'm Not Like Other People" Scherzinger.

No, yo dawg; no drunken ramblings; no stupid pandering with Ryan Seacreast...and even singers who actually can sing. Sing Off is a far superior show and could be expanded to a full season.
    Adelina Sotnikova defeated the curse of Esta She is indeed the Greatest Of All Time!

vCash
    So will everyone do 2 numbers tonight? The previews say "rock songs" and "guilty pleasures."

Only one elimination tonight.

vCash
    I don't know, something about that arrangement of "You Give Love A Bad Name" was weird to me.

vCash
    Teens singing love angst does that to me, however their percussionist is SICK!
    AceOn6, the golf loving skating fan

vCash
    I'm so excited for Love Shack!

vCash
    I don't know, something about that arrangement of "You Give Love A Bad Name" was weird to me.
    everyone in number's household thought it was awful.

Page 3 of 7 FirstFirst 12345 ... LastLast