Page 7 of 7 FirstFirst ... 567

vCash
    I'm satisfied with the results, although I though Street Corner did a better job last night, last night didn't count. Highlight for me was the Neil Diamond segment. That was tight.
    AceOn6, the golf loving skating fan

vCash
    Disapointed Street Corner did not win, and I agree the Neil Diamond Segment was the highlight for me too, though judge Ben singing lead for Street Corner certainly did them no favors in the finale, as his vocals were painful to listen to...LOL!

vCash
    I didn't really enjoy any of the performances last night except the Backbeats singing Firework and the SCS doing Fix You. I knew Committed was going to win. I hope one of these days the group I want to win actually pulls it off.
    Last edited by Allen; 12-21-2010 at 07:40 PM.
    Logic is in the eye of the logician --Gloria Steinem

vCash
    Here's a link to Ben's reviews for each night of the competition. I didn't notice them until last night. They're kinda fun to read.

http://www.nbc.com/sing-off/on-key-with-ben-folds/

vCash
    I preferred "Street Corner Symphony"
    "Fix You" was masterful.

I believe that they will succeed, even without the "win".
    "Committed" needs the promotion, etc. that the recording contract will provide them.

vCash
    I hope that next season they let the viewers have more involvement - not just in the finale. I could have seen different groups being in the final four and possibly others winning. I didn't like that the judges decided everything to that point, though on the other hand, I like that we knew results at the end of each episode. But I definitley would have kept the Whiffenpoofs around longer, and the other college guys, and gotten rid of The Backbeats and Jerry Lawson et al sooner.

vCash
    And I feel the exact opposite - I loved that the judges made all the choices earlier and wish they had also made the final choices. Anything to keep this more of a talent contest and less of a simple voting block/popularity contest with only a segment of viewers, especially since the biggest voters are heavily weighted to younger, more techno-savvy amongst us with less responsibilities/more time to spend voting.

But best of all, it meant they could broadcast this show back to back and have the whole thing done in just a couple of weeks even though it was apparently taped over a number of weeks to give them a proper amount of time to choose, arrange, choreo and perfect all those numbers. Short and oh so sweet. If there had been live voting they would have had to show it in real time.

In general I am not a reality show fan though I do have a couple that I don't mind watching for the performance value rather than the contest aspect. I guess this is a bit of a pet peeve of mind. So please don't think I am saying this describes you personally at all, but I just think in general all this voting on things has gotten way out of hand. I am bewildered and bemused by those that feel they publicly want to have a say about everything all the time. I guess I would rather "have my say" / argue my point with friends and family than with strangers. I find the polls run every night by my local news to be particularly hilarious - as if the viewers of channel "X" voting 80% in agreement that they don't like speeding tickets, or having their taxes raised to pay for the new stadium which is already under construction is going to change anything.

And come to think of it there's another thing - if people like to vote so darn much they should be interested first in voting where it does matter - like political elections. Seems to me there is way too much apathy out there when it comes to the stuff that really will affect ones life.

(Getting off the soapbox now.)
    Last edited by Skate Talker; 12-22-2010 at 08:45 PM.

Page 7 of 7 FirstFirst ... 567