Page 2 of 2 FirstFirst 12
    vCash
    Not trying to be argumentative because I think we are all fans of the show, or at least interested.

Sundance Channel has what the industry calls 'interstitials' during act breaks in episodes promoting their own programming instead of commercials. Much of their programming has one major sponsor that covers the arc of the series season. For example if a car manufacturer is the sponsor of an environmental show, there might be an interstitial about the manufacturer's green policies but never an advertisement for the product itself. That is how the network is able to produce their own programming.

Sundance definitely knows who is watching their shows and that is why they approved and put more money into producing a season-ending special but they do not have traditional ratings that are published.

If you're sure you've seen numbers, please share. Otherwise, it's misleading to say BGJW 'was in the bottom quarter of Sundance ratings and not improving'.

vCash
    Sean - I didn't make that up. I read it somewhere I thought was authoritative enough that I actually remembered it so I'll try to dig it up. I'm not trying to be argumentative either. Regardless, the show has gone from one niche channel to another but perhaps a larger audience.
    Last edited by Willowway; 12-07-2010 at 10:46 PM.

vCash
    Quote Originally Posted by Sylvia View Post
    I've clarified my first post in this thread above.
    Thanks, Sylvia. Does that mean "2011 January" winter or "2011 December" winter?

vCash
    This is great for me. Sundance is part of the Showtime package for me but Logo is free so yay. I would imagine it's Jan 2011. They would want to show the first part before the second. JMO

vCash
    Oh, no. I can't stand Logo.

vCash
    Maybe Johnny can work his way into the cast of "The A-List" .

vCash
    Quote Originally Posted by orbitz View Post
    Maybe Johnny can work his way into the cast of "The A-List" .
    He'd fit RIGHT IN...

Spin Alissa Spin!!!
    vCash
    I'd like to see Johnnie and Evan as an "Amazing Race" team.

vCash
    Quote Originally Posted by AliasJohnDoe View Post
    Ha, I think many of us would

Internet Beyotch
    vCash
    This explains why I couldn't find the show to DVR it. I had the title wrong. So thanks, Sylvia!
    Actual bumper sticker series: Jesus is my co-pilot. Satan is my financial advisor. Budha is my therapist. L. Ron Hubbard owes me $50.

vCash
    Hmmm...now I can watch it! It will give me something to watch this winter. My hubby is gonna love me!

Port de bras!!!
    vCash
    I liked that show, looking forward to it.
    "Nature is a damp, inconvenient sort of place where birds and animals wander about uncooked."

from Speedy Death

vCash
    Quote Originally Posted by AliasJohnDoe View Post
    I LOVE that show! That would be the best pairing ever. And they'd have an excellent chance, both being athletes. Johnny would be a huge help with his language skills. Evan could kick Johnny's butt when he needed to push on. But which one would design the outfits they'd wear?!!!! Tension right from the start.

vCash
    Quote Originally Posted by Rex View Post
    Oh, no. I can't stand Logo.
    Why?What's wrong with the Logo TV?I heard it had more than 50 milion viewers.

==
    and about the rating,if the rating is really low,why a larger network buy it and product a second season?

vCash
    Quote Originally Posted by luCN View Post
    Why?What's wrong with the Logo TV?I heard it had more than 50 milion viewers.

==
    and about the rating,if the rating is really low,why a larger network buy it and product a second season?
    My reasons for disliking Logo don't belong on this thread.

vCash
    LUCN -

Just for the record - Logo TV does not have more than 50 million viewers. Logo, like many of the cable channels, is available in 46 million homes including mine but that doesn't mean people are watching it. To give you an idea of what a good rating is for a major cable (not network) show please read this:

"AMC's season finale of The Walking Dead, based on a comic-book zombie series, scored the biggest audience ever for a basic-cable drama series in the key demographic of viewers 18 to 49 years old, the Nielsen Co. said Tuesday.

Six million people watched the final episode in its first airing Sunday night. Add in two later repeats that night, and the total audience climbed to 8.1 million viewers. That's great for a cable network, but it's worth noting that 11 broadcast dramas did better, plus comic-dramas Glee and Desperate Housewives."

Now how well Logo does against other cable channels, I'm not sure. It's not typically listed if you look in TV By the Numbers in the top cable channels so we'll see how Johnny's show does when it gets on. But literally one-sixth of the U.S. population isn't watching this channel.

edited to add:

"Logo recorded the most-watched program in its history Monday with the second-season finale of RuPaul's Drag Race. Some 633,000 viewers, according to Nielsen data, saw Tyra Sanchez named "America's Next Drag Superstar" on April 26. Moreover, the show averaged a network-best 0.8 with persons 18 to 49. "

This puts the discussion in some context. 633,000 was, as of this past April, the highest per show ranking Logo ever had. Now that's a lot of people but it's not millions.
    Last edited by Willowway; 12-09-2010 at 02:09 AM.

vCash
    Thank you for you informations!I don't know much about the america network before.~

vCash
    Logo appeals to a very specific demographic. Their numbers would therefore be less than other channels. BGJW appealed to a broader audience in it's first season when it was about prep for the Olympics. I think Logo is a good fit for the show's second season. JMO

Page 2 of 2 FirstFirst 12