Page 27 of 29 FirstFirst ... 172526272829 LastLast

vCash
    Quote Originally Posted by cruisin View Post
    There is an enormous difference between Bethany and every other skater on the show and every dancer on DWTS. Whether or not they actually improve, whether or not they really listen to the judges, no one has ever, before, said that they didn't care what the judges thought or said in such an arrogant manner. Other have said that marks don't matter, when they have gotten low one, but they say it in a sort of stiff upper lip way. Bethany is an obnoxious twit, who has said some pretty lousy things. She was rude to Tanith too.
    I watch a fair amount of reality crap and have to agree w/Cruisin. Bethenny has such bad attitude she needed the call out. Love a good cat fight!
    "awwww....shades of Janet Lynn" - Dick Button on anyone who makes more than one mistake in their program.

vCash
    Quote Originally Posted by cruisin View Post
    Bethany is an obnoxious twit, who has said some pretty lousy things. She was rude to Tanith too.
    The producers knew that was how she woas when they hired her to be a contestant. They knew how Johnny was when they hired him to be a judge. It isn't like they just randomly hire these people and hope for the best. Each and every one is cast for their ability to create drama, provide comic relief, and/or make a good story.

While I've made no secret of my distaste for Johnny Weir's personality and behavior, I'm well aware that he is going to say things that I don't agree with on this show. So I watch it with that in mind. Bethany is a non-entity to me so she isn't worth it, but obviously someone must think her worthy of wasting air time on for her to still be out in front of the public.

vCash
    Quote Originally Posted by reese View Post
    I don't really know what Johnny and Dick are thinking when they talk to Bethenny about not listening to their advice. Is she supposed to learn how to skate in the one week since they last criticized her? I'm sure she's not intentionally trying to not bend her knees; she's just not a good skater. She's been at it 6 weeks.
    Right, but she could at least try to be on one foot every now and then or do something without Ethan pushing her around. Honestly, Ethan is the hardest working man in FS right now. He basically had to clean and press Bethanny (who was at a stand-still, on two feet) into that Detroiter. He was also working very hard to get her into one of their drape-type lifts. He should be awarded the trophy just for himself.

The biggest problem with Bethanny to me is the "How dare you criticize me" look she gets on her face when the judges start to tell her that something needs improvement. I guess she thinks that standing on two feet and gyrating is good skating.

Clueless American
    vCash
    Bethenny acts like a child, but Johnny's comments didn't help matters. I'm worried he's just going to rouse more votes for Bethenny. I thought her "skating" was worse this week, but the detroiter was impressive.

Too bad about Brandon, I would've liked to see how his skating would progress.

Rebecca's skating is so pretty to watch. I really enjoy her and I'm a fan of her character Greenlee so I root for her.

But I can't help loving Jonny Moseley and he is my favorite on the show. I'm so impressed with his progress, his speed, his charisma and his go get 'em attitude. Brooke and Jonny for the win!

vCash
    VERNON Kay's Saturday night gameshow The Whole 19 Yards has been dropped after one series.

The axe fell after the presenter told ITV bosses he wanted to concentrate on his new career in the US.

Vernon, 36 - married to Strictly Come Dancing presenter Tess Daly - fronts the American version of Dancing on Ice, called Skating with the Stars, for the ABC network.

He will also host the channel's new gameshow The Six next year.
    http://www.thesun.co.uk/sol/homepage...ernon-Kay.html

vCash
    Quote Originally Posted by Bev Johnston View Post
    ..... I guess she thinks that standing on two feet and gyrating is good skating.
    well it worked for pushy and candelero.....

vCash
    Quote Originally Posted by Doubletoe View Post
    I'm loving the Johnny & Dick show more every week, and I loved that they imported JZ from Florida for this episode! Considering that John Baldwin was a much more recent U.S. pairs champion and even lives in So Cal., I'd say that was a pretty clear message that he can go back to selling cars now. . .

The producers aren't stupid. They need the ratings, and JZ is good eye candy.
    John Baldwin would have had viewers

vCash
    Quote Originally Posted by ChelleC View Post
    The producers aren't stupid. They need the ratings, and JZ is good eye candy.
    John Baldwin would have had viewers
    I've got a lot of respect for John Baldwin, but I can't say I've ever really cared to see him skate anywhere.

I knew all along that Bethenny was there for drama. I feel stupid because I kind of liked her before this show. I just hate the way she disrespects the judges. I have a feel Bethenny cost herself some gay fans going toe to toe with Johnny.
    Logic is in the eye of the logician --Gloria Steinem

vCash
    I don't agree with whoever said Johnny and Bethenny are alike in personality. It may seem so on the surface but I think they are actually quite opposites. Her bravado comes from insecurity which she covers up with smart @ss remarks and phony indifference. She's needy and always the victim. I watched Real Housewives till I got too nauseous from the backbiting pettiness and self absorbtion of ALL of them. Johnny's cojones comes from confidence and perhaps a little chip on the shoulder but he's a strong personality. There are always some similarities with any people but what you see is not the total package.
    Watch a cooking show competition. Those judges get down and dirty and so do the fashion competitions. The difference in those is there's no public vote. If it was up to the judges I bet Vince Neil would still be on skates and Bethenny would be out on her skinny keester.
    She did this to get off the cable channel and onto a major network. She could care less about actual skating. She's very ambitious. In that, she and Johnny are alike. The difference is that she "doesn't care" about the show and he does. And she's 40. A little late to be an "up and coming" star. He's still young enough to climb. JMO

vCash
    I can't believe I'm on this thread defending Bethenny, because I find her annoying, but I really think so much of this criticism is unfair.

Re: her saying stuff about not caring about what the judges think... how often do we hear real skaters say "It doesn't matter what the judges give us, we skated our best," or "I only worry about what I can control, not the scores"? That's pretty much the equivalent of what she's been saying. She's saying, "Hey, I'm 40 and skating for the first time; it's kind of crazy to take on this project; I'm just proud of myself for getting out there and doing something so foreign; It's not about the scores or the criticism, it's just about having fun" etc.. That's all she saying. She's not disrespecting the sport.

Johnny is the one who's taking his role on this horrid, embarrassing show WAY too seriously. He doesn't have to say all the bitchy stuff he says to Bethenny; he doesn't say anything like that to any of the other teams.

vCash
    Maybe because they don't go on tape saying F@ck Johnny Weir. Not the judging as a whole -just him. So your theory holds no agua. She's singled out because of her attitude and regardless of what he said, he judges her with the same scores as the other two judges.

vCash
    Quote Originally Posted by REO View Post
    Maybe because they don't go on tape saying F@ck Johnny Weir. Not the judging as a whole -just him. So your theory holds no agua. She's singled out because of her attitude and regardless of what he said, he judges her with the same scores as the other two judges.

Agree, if Johnny was handing out 2's and 3's to Bethenny I would say he has a vendetta against her but his scores have been the pretty much the same as the other two judges. And, if Bethenny can't take criticism, don't sign up for a show that is judged. Simple as that.

Corgi Wrangler
    vCash
    Quote Originally Posted by judiz View Post
    Agree, if Johnny was handing out 2's and 3's to Bethenny I would say he has a vendetta against her but his scores have been the pretty much the same as the other two judges. And, if Bethenny can't take criticism, don't sign up for a show that is judged. Simple as that.
    No kidding. Like cruisin said, has anyone else on this show or anyone on DWTS EVER (even Master P) gone backstage, been snide to Samantha/Brooke, said "f*ck Len", and repeatedly acted like how dare these jduges actually JUDGE them? She seems to think she deserves a prize for just showing up.

vCash
    If they want to add more drama, sanction her for running off at the mouth: give that team penalty points to lower their score. That should help boot her off quickly.

I rarely watch DWTS, but I checked it out when Lysacek was competing on that show. I remember a key phrase that they used: "Show up, shut up" Maybe someone needs to say that when the competitors talk back to the judges?

I often wonder if Johnny & Dick are purposely matching scores; they're always very close and sometimes the second one to vote hesistates before putting up a paddle. Probably just a coincidence, but it would add to the controversy, huh?

vCash
    Quote Originally Posted by FigureSpins View Post
    I often wonder if Johnny & Dick are purposely matching scores; they're always very close and sometimes the second one to vote hesistates before putting up a paddle. Probably just a coincidence, but it would add to the controversy, huh?
    I don't think they are. So far I've guessed 95% of Johnny's scores (when I'm wrong I'm usually harder than him)- which to me means that he and Dick are scoring correctly, it just so happens they are often the same.

(Not to mention they really only can score in the 5-10 range, so it's pretty limited what score you can give. I think they gave a 4 once this season? But I'd be surprised if they even have 1, 2, or 3 paddles...)

vCash
    Quote Originally Posted by FigureSpins View Post
    I rarely watch DWTS, but I checked it out when Lysacek was competing on that show. I remember a key phrase that they used: "Show up, shut up" Maybe someone needs to say that when the competitors talk back to the judges?
    I actually wish the competitors would talk back to the DWTS judges...sometimes. When what comes out of these entertainment judge's mouth is ridiculous then there's no need for the competitor to just suck it up.

vCash
    Apparently, they WERE talking back on DWTS, which is what led to the "show up, shut up" advice. The real problem is that starting a dialogue or a battle of words slows down the show and could interfere with scheduled commercial breaks, lol. Can't have that happen.

vCash
    Quote Originally Posted by victoriajh View Post
    well it worked for pushy and candelero.....
    You are so correct. Maybe she could add the occasional crotch grab? They seem to go wild for that one these days.

vCash
    I heard the show will finish next week,don't know if it is true...

vCash
    The last two episodes are next Monday and Tuesday when they announce the winner. The show was only suppose to last for five episodes anyway.

Page 27 of 29 FirstFirst ... 172526272829 LastLast