View Poll Results: Which Men will Medal at Euros?

Voters
90. You may not vote on this poll
  • Brian Joubert

75 83.33%
  • Tomas Verner

85 94.44%
  • Florent Amodio

33 36.67%
  • Michal Brezina

36 40.00%
  • Samuel Contesti

9 10.00%
  • Alban Preaubert

1 1.11%
  • Kevin Van Der Perren

2 2.22%
  • Javier Fernandez

5 5.56%
  • Arthur Gatchinski

7 7.78%
  • Other

5 5.56%
Multiple Choice Poll.
Page 1 of 3 123 LastLast
    vCash

Which men will medal at Euros?

A lot of European men seem to be skating well this season. Which ones will medal at Euros?

My picks (in whatever order):

Tomas Verner
    Brian Joubert
    Michal Brezina (if recovered) or Florent Amodio

Other contenders:

Javier Fernandez
    Samuel Contesti
    Arthur Gatchinski
    Alban Preaubert
    Kevin Van Der Perren

Am I forgetting anyone?

vCash
    Verner, Joubert, and Brezina if Brezina skates. If Brezina doesnt skate then Amodio. Verner will win I predict.

vCash
    Fernandez and Contesti could play spoiler. Contesti doesn't have a quad or the best PCS but he seems to be pretty consistent in the LP, if he can get his SP under control he will probably do well. Javier had a great FS at his last GP but seems to be suffering from his injury now.

vCash
    Joubert, Verner, Brezina (if in shape). Then Contesti and Fernandez !

vCash
    Quote Originally Posted by briancoogaert View Post
    Joubert, Verner, Brezina (if in shape). Then Contesti and Fernandez !
    What about Amodio?

Imagine if Amodio and Verner skated their FS back to back

vCash
    Michelle Kwan.
    My job requires me to be a juggler, but that does not mean that I enjoy working with clowns.

vCash
    Quote Originally Posted by Nomad View Post
    Michelle Kwan.

vCash
    Seriously, this could be the first time in history when we'll have two Czech guys on the podium.
    As many here, I predict Brian, Tomas and Michal. Verner seems to be gaining from moving overseas and he's having a really solid GP season. Brezina was very consistent last year, so he'll most likely win a medal if fit and ready to compete. Joubert has been there for the last nine years, so I guess whatever happens to him, he'll win bronze at least. I mean, I can't even imagine Euros podium without him anymore

Amodio will likely give these three a fight. Perhaps also Fernandez, but you never know with him. Contesti and VDP would have to be very lucky (all the others would have to have major mistakes) to have a slight chance for medals.

So yeah, all in all, make it a fight between two French and two Czech guys

vCash
    Chan (yes he has so great SS he can do this too!)

with my Sestra Helena plotting how to ravish Hot Paul and delicious Cal
    vCash
    Quote Originally Posted by senorita View Post
    Chan (yes he has so great SS he can do this too!)
    Yes, if anyone is to be the next North American following Dick Button to win the European Championship, it will be Patrick Chan, and he can win all disciplines too, mens', ladies', pairs, and dance, as well as all discipline gold medals at Worlds and Olympics too.

vCash
    Quote Originally Posted by pinky166 View Post
    Am I forgetting anyone?
    The medalists should come from these eight, but there are some very inconsistent skaters on the list. I think there's a remote possibility that six of these could have meltdowns (or be injured). I could see a dark horse such as Peter Liebers (if he sticks to doing singles this season), Konstantin Menshov (if he makes his national team), and Chafik Besseghier (ditto) creeping in and snatching bronze.

Menshov can do two 4T's and a 3A in his LP and scored 220.83 at the Cup of Nice this season.

Liebers could probably score that high if he landed all his jumps and skated clean.

Besseghier needs to bring his PCS and levels way up in order to give the top skaters a run for the money.

2010 Cup of Nice Men's Results

Menshov's LP at Nice

Liebers' LP

Besseghier's LP

vCash
    I said Verner, Joubert and Brezina, if Brezina is well recovered. If not, Amodio has a good chance. He actually still has quite a good chance even if Brezina IS recovered.

Dark horses: Contesti and Preaubert, probably if others bomb. Contesti skated really well in the FS at CoR and pulled himself up (5?) placements. Preaubert is pretty consistent.

Fernandez is struggling lately, I don't think Gachinski is there yet (imo, his FS is bleh), and the judges don't seem to 'like' VDP under the CoP.

vCash
    I'm with senorita and museksk8r on this one

Actually, I'd like to see Verner for gold, Preaubert for silver, and Joubert for bronze.
    Last edited by professordeb; 11-21-2010 at 11:14 PM. Reason: Forgot to add my actual answer to the question.
    Crazy about sports!

vCash
    Quote Originally Posted by professordeb View Post
    I'm with senorita and museksk8r on this one

Actually, I'd like to see Verner for gold, Preaubert for silver, and Joubert for bronze.
    I don't see Preaubert beating Joubert but anything's possible. Also at this point I'd say Amodio is heavy edge to Preaubert, but that's just my opinion. I wonder if Verner could still win if he doesn't do the quad? I still think he'll bring it back this season but I can't help but wonder if he doesn't do it at the GPF and does well there if he might just start avoiding it. We shall see.

vCash
    I think the singles comps are anyone's game this year, ladies' and men's. I will not be happy if Mini-Plush medals, though. I find his skating extremely boring, quads and all.
    My job requires me to be a juggler, but that does not mean that I enjoy working with clowns.

vCash
    I don't see Preaubert beating Joubert but anything's possible. Also at this point I'd say Amodio is heavy edge to Preaubert, but that's just my opinion. I wonder if Verner could still win if he doesn't do the quad? I still think he'll bring it back this season but I can't help but wonder if he doesn't do it at the GPF and does well there if he might just start avoiding it. We shall see.
    nah, Tomas loves the quad. I think for him this season isn't about winning or placements so much. It's about pulling good performances and show the audience what he can do. I'm sure he will want to show off that quad at some point.
    "it doesn't matter if you love what you do, but that you do what you love"
    a quote Tomas Verner () gave me to think about...

vCash
    Quote Originally Posted by deedeelocks View Post
    nah, Tomas loves the quad. I think for him this season isn't about winning or placements so much. It's about pulling good performances and show the audience what he can do. I'm sure he will want to show off that quad at some point.
    I think so too. Some skaters on GS seem to think he's turning into the next Lysacek though....

vCash
    Tomas, Brian and Michal if he is healthy. Otherwise Florent.
    So glad to see Tomas having such a great year!

vCash
    I would love to see Tomas, Michal, Florent, Javier and Brian round out the top 5. I would love to see a Tomas, Florent and Javier Euro podium.

vCash
    I think so too. Some skaters on GS seem to think he's turning into the next Lysacek though....
    Never!

for starters, Tomas is never going to be as boring as Lysacek he's never going to look like a skating spider either. And I don't see him ditching the quad, no matter if he would be able to win without it or not. He's another Takahashi in this area. I remember reading somewhere a translated interview with him some years ago, where he said he loved the quad, because it felt like flying, not exactly jumping anymore.

besides, in the post-FP interview at CoR he said the quad is coming

Page 1 of 3 123 LastLast