Page 5 of 5 FirstFirst ... 345
    vCash

Red face

Quote Originally Posted by NinjaTurtles View Post
    A VERY rural part of the Mohawk Valley (Oneida/Madison county); lots of forest and the deer love to raid the farms.

It's the type of area with lots of warning deer xing signs (with bullet holes in the silhouette deer image)
    I had to go look it up in the atlas - I don't venture that far west. Growing up in Schenectady, I was also a denizen of Round Top in Greene County, and West Stephentown in far eastern Rennselaer County (visiting grandparents). Now when I head for the boonies I'm driving up to my brother's house in Bloomingdale, between Saranac Lake and Plattsburgh, or driving through Rensselaer County to get to Massachusetts.

vCash
    I'm glad you're okay. I drive a small car and certain seasons, deer and their young are on the road, dusk and dawn.

I've come close to striking a deer, both on rural highway (NH, upstate NY and PA and Massachusetts) and on a back road right outside of Boston, MA.

That last one was about 10pm, coming home from the gym...maybe 15 miles from the city. I was going slow enough that I was able to stop short. But the deer leapt across the hood of my compact car, back into the woods. I was so shaken up I just sat there in my car, shocked.

Thunder & Lightning!!!
    vCash
    I have had two close calls.

I was driving on the north shore of Lake Superior (MN) and this deer came up out of a ditch right next to the car. It did a fast turn and it's hind end dented our back door. My sister was eye to eye with it for a split second and her first thought was "My but Bambi has BIG eyes!"

The second time, I had dropped my Mom off at her job (5:00 am) and it was very foggy. I was right by a local park and out of nowhere this HUGE Buck ran right in front of the car. I was able to slam on my brakes just in time!
    Peace & Love, Gypsy
    Even a man who is pure in heart and says his prayers by night, may become a wolf when the wolfbane blooms and the autumn moon is bright.

Page 5 of 5 FirstFirst ... 345