• Jessica Dube

9 8.04%
  • Rylie McCulloch-Casarsa

1 0.89%
Multiple Choice Poll.
Page 1 of 2 12 LastLast

vCash

Ladies Medalists at Canadian Nationals

Who will medal? Multiple choice allowed.

vCash
    This one is a lot easier than the men's poll, IMO.

vCash
    Yea, I'm realizing its not that interesting. Maybe a poll for 4-6 places would be better...

vCash
    Phaneuf, Samson, and Lacoste. In any order. Would like to see Samson win but somehow I am doubting it. LOL at the Jessica Dube votes. I doubt she will even be top 10.

Roses are red, violets are blue, this poem is dumb and so are you.
    vCash
    Not one of these ladies has a clear path to the Nationals gold based on skating this season. Phaneuf had momentum coming in from her Worlds 5th place, but her results have not been better than Lacoste on the Grand Prix. Amelie, a 3rd and a 5th, has actually bettered Cynthia, with two 4th places, due to her bronze from Skate Canada, the only senior international medal from a Canadian lady so far this season.

vCash
    Will there be skate-off for the Worlds spots at 4CC if Myriam Samson finishes top 2 at Nationals? Here scores from the GP are actually not too far behind Lacoste or Phaneuf even though she had a 7th and 8th place finish.

vCash
    Usually Skate Canada will let it be known prior to Canadians if they will base selection solely on those results or if they will keep their options open until after 4CC.

vCash
    Quote Originally Posted by Seerek View Post
    Will there be skate-off for the Worlds spots at 4CC if Myriam Samson finishes top 2 at Nationals?
    Not that I would put it past them, but really what would be the point of a skateoff? Top 2 at Nats should go, end of story. It's not as if Cynthia or Amelie has been so dominant as to warrant some kind of extra treatment (although Myriane has had some pretty disappointing results over the years) SC hasn't used 4CC as a skateoff for several years now, right? I think Myriane will need to skate close to a blinder to make top 2 anyway, I'd imagine she isn't exactly favored at this point, but could slip in if Cynthia or Amelie blow up.

vCash
    I think Lacoste has a good shot at winning the event depending on which Cynthia shows up. Amelie has been pretty consistent with her jumps so far this season, so if Cynthia has problems with her FS, and Amelie doesn't, I could see Amelie edging her out for the gold. Anyone else agree?

Roses are red, violets are blue, this poem is dumb and so are you.
    vCash
    It's really a toss-up. Both Cynthia and Amelie often struggle on the 3Lutz. Both of them have great 3loops though. Neither one needs to do a long program where they repeat the 3Lutz. Phaneuf's jump layout from TEB is a much better strategy for her and more resembles her Worlds LP layout from last season that she had more success with. Both of them have to fully rotate their jumps and avoid popping. I think Cynthia has better spins, but I prefer Amelie's footwork.

vCash
    Quote Originally Posted by museksk8r View Post
    It's really a toss-up. Both Cynthia and Amelie often struggle on the 3Lutz. Both of them have great 3loops though. Neither one needs to do a long program where they repeat the 3Lutz. Phaneuf's jump layout from TEB is a much better strategy for her and more resembles her Worlds LP layout from last season that she had more success with. Both of them have to fully rotate their jumps and avoid popping. I think Cynthia has better spins, but I prefer Amelie's footwork.
    Judging from last year's scores though, if Cynthia skates well her PCS will be HUGE (remember, she scored 66+ for her SP last season with no 3-3 and a 3t out of steps), whereas I'm not sure Amelie's will, her PCS last year weren't so good, but maybe that's because she didn't skate very well. Amelie does seem to have improved her 2nd mark this season though, and even at SC Cynthia wasn't held up when she faltered in the FS.

vCash
    A clean Samson cant even beat a clean Mira Leung. She certainly isnt going to beat even Lacoste, let alone Phaneuf, without major help.

vCash
    Quote Originally Posted by judgejudy27 View Post
    A clean Samson cant even beat a clean Mira Leung. She certainly isnt going to beat even Lacoste, let alone Phaneuf, without major help.
    I was talking about Lacoste, not Samson

vCash
    I wasnt referring to your post specifically, just the general points of this thread.

Dashing Between Bennetton and Krispy Kreme
    vCash
    Gawd, if Lesley Hawker were still competing, she could probably beat all of them.

vCash
    It seems FSU doesn't have any doubt !

vCash
    I'd love to see Lacoste nail her 3Lo+3Lo and take the title!

vCash
    Quote Originally Posted by chipso1 View Post
    I'd love to see Lacoste nail her 3Lo+3Lo and take the title!
    That would be great. But I'd be even happier if Phaneuf skated two clean programs to win her second national title.

vCash
    Quote Originally Posted by MikiAndoFan#1 View Post
    That would be great. But I'd be even happier if Phaneuf skated two clean programs to win her second national title.
    I'd be happy if either happened! I'm also glad to see Samson skating well again after her very disappointing Worlds.

vCash
    I think there should be a skate-off if Samson comes 1 or 2, because Samson did go to worlds last year and finish like.. 23rd.

Page 1 of 2 12 LastLast