Port de bras!!!
    vCash

Ski equipment question

Hi gang,

I've always rented ski clothing and skis but now that Mini Ice is getting into skiing, I think we will be going up a lot and am looking to buy things.

Namely, I bought everything, jacket, long undies, gloves, balaklava, helmet, goggles, etc but cannot for the life of me find ski pants that would fit.

I am a 5'2.5" tall, size 2 woman. All the XS pants I've tried--and I've tried a lot of them, are way too long, while the short ones are way too short. Is it even possible to hem something like that? I'd spent most of yesterday's afternoon on my quest to find the right fit.

I've even tried Girls size 14 but that was a bit too small.

Any tips from you petite women who ski?
    "Nature is a damp, inconvenient sort of place where birds and animals wander about uncooked."

from Speedy Death

vCash
    Try a boys size XL. That's what my skating pants are. They will probably look like rad snowpants rather than feminine ski bunny stuff; but hey your respect and cool factor will get positive GOE!
    "awwww....shades of Janet Lynn" - Dick Button on anyone who makes more than one mistake in their program.

Port de bras!!!
    vCash
    Thanks. My white down jacket with faux fur trim is very much ski bunny but if I find boys' pants that would work, I'd be so happy!
    "Nature is a damp, inconvenient sort of place where birds and animals wander about uncooked."

from Speedy Death

vCash
    Whenever I can't find what I'm looking for I do an Ebay search. There is one or two people on the planet who have what you are looking for there. We could not find my husband's razor foil anywhere in town, it will now be here in a couple of days thanks to Ebay.
    "awwww....shades of Janet Lynn" - Dick Button on anyone who makes more than one mistake in their program.

Port de bras!!!
    vCash
    Thanks, great idea!

from Speedy Death

engaged to dupa
    vCash
    Quote Originally Posted by skatemommy View Post
    We could not find my husband's razor foil anywhere in town, it will now be here in a couple of days thanks to Ebay.
    What's "razor foil"?
    3539 and counting.

Slightly Wounding Banana list cont: MacMadame.

vCash
    Quote Originally Posted by milanessa View Post
    What's "razor foil"?
    Braun 5000 series electric razor. When the top starts to get holes in it, the cutter comes thru and grabs his face. It is painful as I once had an electric leg shaver - can't be bothered now just use manual razor. TMI - I know

vCash
    Try Lands End. They hem pants for free; I wonder if they would hem ski pants.

vCash
    When my daughter wore that sizing (she was 5'2 then and a size 2) we didn't have any trouble finding Columbia ski pants in youth sizing that fit her well. I don't remember if it was large or XL, but it wasn't hard. Many girls in high school fit that category, and finding ski gear doesn't seem to be a problem. (Of course, I'm in a pretty outdoors oriented town, so there are lots and lots of shops. YMMV.) I was sad when D edged up out of the youth sizes and we had to pay for "real" petite clothes.

vCash
    I know that Eddie Bauer sells some of their ski pants in petites (and talls for what it's worth to tall people reading this thread ). I shop for talls and it seems like EB tends to have both petites and talls in the same styles.

vCash
    The problem with petite things is that mostly the designers figure if you are short you are skinny with no curves
    Never mess with a geocacher. We know the best places to hide a body....

vCash
    IceAlisa, Lands End also has introduced kid-size snow pants that "grow with you," so with you being so tiny you might have luck there. They also have SLIM sizes (perfect for my petite dd). I know what a pain it is being on the short side, with all the designers thinking everyone my size is at least 5'10". . . Have fun!! I've lived in the flatlands for 12+ years now and really miss the slopes sometimes. :