Page 3 of 4 FirstFirst 1234 LastLast
    vCash
    Quote Originally Posted by The Accordion View Post
    Ooooo! I didn't know about that one ---thanks!!!
    You're very welcome! I hope you're able to catch it this year, and that you enjoy it as much as I do.

Incidentally, it, too, features the famous Heat Miser/Snow Miser song.

Celebrating Jeremy Abbott's FS at 2014 Worlds...
    vCash
    Quote Originally Posted by Catbert View Post
    I love A Wish For Wings That Work, because, as a Bloom County fan, I think that the world needs more of Opus and Bill. (Unfortunately, the TV networks disagree with me, since I've only seen it broadcast twice.)

I haven't seen it on the air in years, but up in the North Georgia Mountainsm somewhere in the bottom of a box, back in one of the dark corners of the basement (no doubt covered by generations of cobwebs and enough slut's wool to outfit a platoon), there exists a copy of this little-known yet gem of a Christmas special.

I'm supposed to go to my mom's this weekend (OT: I'm going there to bang my head repeatedly against the wall teach my mother the most elementary of computer skills (such as turning it on . Seriously. My mom has no idea where the "on" button is on a computerm and the thought of using one sends here into primal screaming fits of terror /OT), and if time allows, I'll dig through everything until I find it. I'd like to see if I still think it as funny as I did back in 1990 (seeing as how my political views have changed quite a bit since then ).

If I do find it, I'll be happy to dump a copy of it on VHS for you

Would Jeff Dunham's Christmas Special fall into this category?
    Last edited by Cyn; 12-06-2010 at 08:06 AM.

vCash
    I TOTALLY forgot about one of my other favorites - I got distracted when I was posting.

The Pinky and the Brain Christmas

http://www.youtube.com/watch?v=Lhj_6U7jAj8

vCash
    http://www.youtube.com/watch?v=yon2YuXssvo

and the one where the 2 elves pretend one of the reindeer is a dog and put socks on his ears. What one is that?
    Why, it's your favorite and mine, "The Year without a Santa Clause!" Remember?

Here's the recap: The two elves take a reindeer and go out to discover if people really find Santa irrelevant. They make the mistake of flying into Heat Miser territory, and the warring Miser brothers cause them to crash land in Southtown, which we can all guess is much too warm for reindeer. The elves put socks on the reindeer's ears to disguise him as a dog and he gets rounded up by the dog catcher, all the while getting sicker because of the climate. They desperately need a rescue and this is what rouses Santa into action. While rescuing the elves and reindeer, Santa becomes convinced that that the world still needs him.

As you can tell, I love that one!! I also love "Santa Clause is Coming to Town" with the Burgermeister Meisterburger and the Winter Warlock. "Put one foot in front of the other..."

vCash
    Robbie the Reindeer: Hooves of Fire - the original, not the version dubbed with American voices.

vCash
    I also like that Simpsons Christmas episode where Homer doesn't get a Christmas bonus, so he takes a job as a department store Santa to raise money for the kids' gifts, then he lost his paycheck at the dog track, but brought the losing dog - Santa's Little Helper - home, and the kids thought that was the present.

Homer on SLH: "But he's a loser, he's pathetic, he's... a Simpson!"
    "Marge, if you're going to get mad at me every time I do something stupid, then I guess I'm just going to have to stop doing stupid things!" - Homer Simpson in the Mr. Plow episode

vCash
    Quote Originally Posted by Bev Johnston View Post
    Why, it's your favorite and mine, "The Year without a Santa Clause!" Remember?

As you can tell, I love that one!! I also love "Santa Clause is Coming to Town" with the Burgermeister Meisterburger and the Winter Warlock. "Put one foot in front of the other..."
    Whoaaaaaaaaaaaaaaaa - total out-of-it moment! I was trying to remember Santa Claus is Coming to Town and got my specials mixed up!

vCash
    Charlie Brown and Grinch

Sending my thoughts and prayers to the people of Elliott Lake :(
    vCash
    Quote Originally Posted by Cheylana View Post
    I also like that Simpsons Christmas episode where Homer doesn't get a Christmas bonus, so he takes a job as a department store Santa to raise money for the kids' gifts, then he lost his paycheck at the dog track, but brought the losing dog - Santa's Little Helper - home, and the kids thought that was the present.

Homer on SLH: "But he's a loser, he's pathetic, he's... a Simpson!"
    OMG...I'd completely forgotten about this, as it's been forever since I've seen it. Thanks for that!!

vCash
    Whoaaaaaaaaaaaaaaaa - total out-of-it moment! I was trying to remember Santa Claus is Coming to Town and got my specials mixed up!

vCash
    Quote Originally Posted by znachki View Post
    Too many to name! CB, Grinch, Mr Magoo, Rudolph - but Rudolph's not the same without the Norelco Santa ads - remember those?
    http://www.youtube.com/watch?v=mrronrsG018

and Deck the Halls with Floating Heads!

vCash
    Well it is hard to argue w/ Charlie Brown but my nieces and I especially enjoyed three shows and wonder if anyone else here remembers them:
    The first two are from the comic strip "For Better or For Worse" and they were 1/2 hr specials--The first was called "The Bestest Present" and the second was called "The Christmas Angel." They especially enjoyed the latter when Elizabeth was a little bit older.

And the other was not animated but a Jim Henson production called "The Christmas Toy" with characters who were not muppet regulars except for the narrator (Kermit.) I still remember a couple of the songs.

For me personally it was Charlie Brown but there was sort of a condensed Dicken's "Christmas Carol" that was less than 45 minutes but well done imho.

snarking for AZE
    vCash
    any Rankin Bass claymation

I'd like to see all tv done by Rankin Bass
    I feel like I'm in a dream. But it can't be a dream because there are no boy dancers!

vCash
    Charlie Brown. . . Linus' recounting of the Christmas story from the gospel of Luke gets me every time. . .

And The Year Without a Santa Claus. Best songs EVER--Heat Miser and Snow Miser!

vCash
    Quote Originally Posted by HeatherC View Post
    My fave is 'A Charlie Brown Christmas' and nothing else even comes close for me. I still get teary when Linus talks about the true meaning of Christmas.
    I'm not even religious, but so do I. It's such a sweet moment, and religious or not, embodies the good things in life.

vCash
    We're Jewish, but as a child, my family and I all loved "Mr. Magoo's Christmas Carol"

vCash
    My kids are watching Rudolph and the Island of Misfit Toys.I always liked all the claymation ones,Rudolph,Frosty etc...All the Mickey Mouse ones.And my kids like them too.oldies but goodies.

vCash
    You know the only thing I hate about Rudolph? When Santa tells Rudolph's Parents they should be ashamed of trying to pass Rudolph off for normal with that little nose cover. It seems so unSanta-like - and such a wrong message for kids. I thought so as a kid watching the show- so it's not my teacher PC self speaking here.
    He can't try out for the flying reindeer because of his nose being different? Santa!

vCash
    You know the only thing I hate about Rudolph? When Santa tells Rudolph's Parents they should be ashamed of trying to pass Rudolph off for normal with that little nose cover. It seems so unSanta-like - and such a wrong message for kids. I thought so as a kid watching the show- so it's not my teacher PC self speaking here.
    He can't try out for the flying reindeer because of his nose being different? Santa!
    Yes!! I always thought Santa was mean and the little reindeer and the coach were jerks. I also wondered why Rudolph happily joined up with them when they were clearly just being nice to him because they needed him for his nose. (Did I put too much thought into this as a kid?)

Although, I have to admit I like it when the coach's eyes get really small after the fake nose falls off. I'm sitting here, LOL just thinking about it now.

vCash
    Quote Originally Posted by Bev Johnston View Post
    Yes!! I always thought Santa was mean and the little reindeer and the coach were jerks. I also wondered why Rudolph happily joined up with them when they were clearly just being nice to him because they needed him for his nose. (Did I put too much thought into this as a kid?).
    Well, if you did, I did too, because that has always bothered me as well. Rudolph should have told them all where to go, LOL. (Though I suppose that would have been unRudolph-like. )

Although, I have to admit I like it when the coach's eyes get really small after the fake nose falls off. I'm sitting here, LOL just thinking about it now.
    Now that is something I've never noticed. I'll make sure I look for it the next time around - thanks for pointing it out!

Page 3 of 4 FirstFirst 1234 LastLast