Page 2 of 4 FirstFirst 1234 LastLast
    vCash
    How the Grinch Stole Christmas. Long live Boris Karloff.

Tranquillo
    vCash
    Another vote for Mr Magoo's Christmas Carol

And it's not a cartoon, but it has a cartoon in it - Pee Wee's Playhouse Christmas Special.
    "The Devil is joining in, and that's never a good sign." Phil Liggett

vCash
    A Charlie Brown Christmas.....How the Grinch Stole Christmas....Mickey's Christmas Carol....

ETA: forgot about Rudolph and Frosty the Snowman.
    Last edited by Satellitegirl; 12-05-2010 at 02:29 AM.

vCash
    Rudolph is #1 for me. But Charlie Brown too. And yeah, gotta love the Grinch.

Not exactly a cartoon, but I also love Emmett Otter's Jugband Christmas (a Jim Henson muppet production). RiverBottom Nightmare Band!
    "Marge, if you're going to get mad at me every time I do something stupid, then I guess I'm just going to have to stop doing stupid things!" - Homer Simpson in the Mr. Plow episode

Official FSU Alte Kacher
    vCash
    Oh yeah! Forgot about the original Grinch! Sorry Jim Carey, not interested in your “interpretation.”
    "Nothing in all the world is more dangerous than sincere ignorance and conscientious stupidity”– MLK

Sending my thoughts and prayers to the people of Elliott Lake :(
    vCash
    Many of my must watches have already been mentioned, so I'll add a newbie that came on the scene last year...

That would be Disney's Prep and Landing when we're introduced to Wayne and Lanny The Christmas Elves. They, along w/their other P&L Elven Team Members, are the ones who get the houses ready for Santa on that big night. Only...Wayne was hoping for a big promotion. Supervisior of the Naughty List. He doesn't get it, but gets a brand new graduate of Kringle Academy as a partner and while they're in the house they're *supposed* to be prepping, Wayne decided to let his Naughty side out and...

Now if I finished that paragraph up there, you'd know the rest of it and where would be the fun in that!?!

This is the best Christmas animated special I've seen in a very long time. Not only was it funny and great for the kids, there were enough references for the Big Kids watching to get a laugh too. Such as all the call signs given to the Elves, Santa, the Reindeer and the Sleigh (Rosebud BTW).

There's going to be a sequel of sorts on Tuesday night at 8:30 on ABC after A Charlie Brown Christmas. It's called Disney's Prep and Landing ~ Operation Secret Santa and apparently, this year they've got a switch in bosses. This year, they're being assigned to Mrs. Claus, as voiced by Betty White.

I can't wait to see what they'll be up to this year, as I really enjoyed this last year. Last year's special's already been shown up here in Canada, but I hope to get a chance to see it again in the next couple of weeks.

Can you tell I really loved this thing?

vCash
    The Space Ghost Coast-to-Coast Christmas episode. Gabba gabba hey, gabba hey, hey, hey...
    Nubka - Unpaid Slave Laborer...

vCash
    Now, I'm Jewish, but I do like "A Charlie Brown's Christmas" and "Shrek the Halls." Oh, and as a huge Disney fan, "Mickey's Christmas Carol."

INTJ
    vCash
    My favorite as a child was The Little Troll Prince which probably nobody has heard of. I would kill to find it on dvd.

I also enjoyed The Best Christmas Pageant Ever which is also my favorite Christmas book ever
    "Beautiful things don't ask for attention." -The Secret Life of Walter Mitty

vCash
    Quote Originally Posted by Cheylana View Post
    Rudolph is #1 for me. But Charlie Brown too. And yeah, gotta love the Grinch.

Not exactly a cartoon, but I also love Emmett Otter's Jugband Christmas (a Jim Henson muppet production). RiverBottom Nightmare Band!
    Bar-b-que!!!!!

I still have that on vhs tape.

vCash
    Are there any from the 1990s or 2000s that deserve mention? I know Shrek the Halls was on TV a few years ago, as was Olive the Other Reindeer (just an example)

vCash
    Too many to name! CB, Grinch, Mr Magoo, Rudolph - but Rudolph's not the same without the Norelco Santa ads - remember those?

Among the "newer" ones, Emmett Otter (ain't no hole in the washtub!) and Prep & Landing.

Go Team SW Florida! =)
    At Great American Ballpark cheering on my Cincinnati Reds
    vCash
    My fave is 'A Charlie Brown Christmas' and nothing else even comes close for me. I still get teary when Linus talks about the true meaning of Christmas.
    An MLB.com reporter asked what one thing Votto couldn’t do. “I can’t skate or play hockey,” Votto said. “Well, I can skate ... but I can’t stop.”

"I guess I'm just...I'm not used to someone putting me first." -Emma, Once Upon a Time, episode 2x3, Lady of the Lake

vCash
    m_i_c: ask and you shall receive: The Little Troll Prince and I found it with a really easy internet search so you may be able to find a better deal on it!!

http://www.amazon.com/Little-Troll-P...1581586&sr=8-1

INTJ
    vCash
    That's VHS. I need it on DVD. Thanks though
    "Beautiful things don't ask for attention." -The Secret Life of Walter Mitty

vCash
    Sorry, the website says they have no plans to distribute it on dvd at this time! RATS!!!
    Last edited by SharonDudd; 12-05-2010 at 09:53 PM.

vCash
    Quote Originally Posted by SharonDudd View Post
    Thanks Accordion! I totally forgot that one! The year without a Santa Claus!
    You are very welcome! Any time I can spread the Heat Miser love I will!

vCash
    Quote Originally Posted by The Accordion View Post
    http://www.youtube.com/watch?v=yon2YuXssvo

The Year Without a Santa Claus!!!!!
    My fave!!! Love Snow and Heat Miser.

Oh and I love Charlie Brown, and the Grinch and Rudolph, and the one where the 2 elves pretend one of the reindeer is a dog and put socks on his ears. What one is that? - Oh Santa Claus is Coming to Town. Oh and Frosty. Okay - a little excited by this thread!
    I love all of these too, but wanted to give a special mention to "The Year Without a Santa Claus". I love Heat Miser and Snow Miser, too!

There is a sequel to this special that just came out 2 or 3 years ago.... It's called "The Miser Brothers' Christmas". It's a lot of fun too, and the tunes are great!

vCash
    Quote Originally Posted by GoldenLady View Post
    I love all of these too, but wanted to give a special mention to "The Year Without a Santa Claus". I love Heat Miser and Snow Miser, too!

There is a sequel to this special that just came out 2 or 3 years ago.... It's called "The Miser Brothers' Christmas". It's a lot of fun too, and the tunes are great!

Ooooo! I didn't know about that one ---thanks!!!

vCash
    I love A Wish For Wings That Work, because, as a Bloom County fan, I think that the world needs more of Opus and Bill. (Unfortunately, the TV networks disagree with me, since I've only seen it broadcast twice.)

Page 2 of 4 FirstFirst 1234 LastLast