Page 4 of 5 FirstFirst ... 2345 LastLast

vCash
    Quote Originally Posted by PrincessLeppard View Post
    According to lesbianlife.com, she was bisexual.
    EXCELLENT! Doubled her chances of getting lucky .

vCash
    Quote Originally Posted by Rex View Post
    I remember that guy. Thank God that was played for laughs.

Ok, who liked Bobby Goldsboro and David & Shaun Cassidy?
    I liked Shaun (met him when I was about 14), and my sister was into David.
    Give me one more quiet night, before this loud morning gets it right, and does me in.
    ~DC

vCash
    You also have to remember that Janis was super-hot during the 60's when being all natural and the sloppy-hippie look was all the rage! I think once you become that big of a mega star and she was, finding people to "love you" wasnn't an issue at all. I think back now to some of the outfits and other choices we made to be "cool" and I absolutely SHUDDER!! I was smart enough however to pretty much track down any photographic proof and the negatives and destroy them! My grandchildren ask me what it was like to be a hippie and I just roll my eyes "who me?"

vCash
    Quote Originally Posted by cailuj365 View Post
    Being a musician also makes you seem more sensitive.
    This. Just about EVERY woman wants to be with a man who UNDERSTANDS her deepest emotions, and of course every artistically inclined man is also emotionally articulate and sensitive (right?? right??). Plus, music involves a lot of listening, and what woman doesn't like someone who listens?

That's my pet theory, anyhow.

vCash
    Is it only limited to women though? I know quite a few gay men who have the same trouble.

I think it's hard to find someone who has something they are passionate about and committed to. Plus, playing music (and actually being able to live off of it) is mighty impressive. I myself am attracted to guys who seem "oh so sensitive" and smart (or at least literate), so I tend to be attracted to writers, artists, musicians, etc. but I am also repelled by self-centered behavior, uber-pretentiousness, and arrogance (of course, who's going to say they're attracted to it?) and you know how the stereotype goes...
    "Corporation, n. An ingenious device for obtaining individual profit without individual responsibility." - Ambrose Bierce

vCash
    I think women went crazy over Mozart and Beethoven in their day as well as the most popular poets I am sure. So it is not a modern phenomenon. IMHO.

drinky typo pbp, closet hugger
    vCash
    Quote Originally Posted by Allen View Post
    Have you ever seen Sleater Kinney live...that might work out for you
    Except of course that Sleater-Kinney did not have a bass player

OF COURSE I've seen Sleater-Kinney live - not only am I a lesbian, but they started in Oly, WA and I'm in Seattle. Plus, I've seen bands that the two front women were in before S-K. Riot Grrrrrl represent!
    Q: Why can't I read the competition threads?
    A: Competition forums on the board are available to those with a Season Pass or a premium membership How to View Kiss & Cry

vCash
    I think guys that can sing are sooooooooooo sexy . Of course if they look like Keith Richard then all bets are off, LOL (Keith wasn't bad looking at all in his youth though, before all the drugs and wrinkles set in).

John Mayer has had some high profiled bootangs, eventhough he has the reputation of a player.

vCash
    I think it depends on the woman.I myself,in my teens,I liked guys with musical ability,because I am musical.Something for me to relate to.I've liked 2 guys who were musical,one played bass guitar and one was an extraordinary pianist.Now days,it's more to do with creativity(art etc...) than musical ability.

I too am amazed at all the girls that some singers get,some of those guys,if they were your pizza delivery guy,they wouldn't get hit on at all.I think in those cases,it's the glamour of it all.

vCash
    I think its a safe fantasy...The person with the crush creates this mental image of a perfect person, and never have to actually deal with a real human with faults and shortcomings...

Minecraft Widow
    vCash
    Speaking of real humans with faults and shortcomings, I just read Late Late at Night, Rick Springfield's memoir.

He was my rock star crush when I was a teenager. I don't know what makes me more uncomfortable: the fact that he was such a sex maniac who took advantage of the whole rock star lifestyle or the fact that he published the details of being a sex maniac who took advantage of the whole rock star lifestyle.
    Cigarettes are like squirrels. They are perfectly harmless until you put one in your mouth and light it on fire. -- @ciggybuttz on Twitter

vCash
    I was married to a classical musician/guitarist, and have been around a lot of world-class musicians in that world. Many--not all--have egos as big as houses, but made of cards. You always have to tippy toe around what you say. They are indeed sensitive, which has its good and bad points. I think I'm attracted to musicians because they are so involved with their art/passion, I'm free to pursue my own. Also, it's never boring.

vCash
    My only musician crush was Jermaine Jackson during my tween years. Musicians usually don't do it for me; even musicians whose music I really like. My celebrity crushes are usually either actors or elite athletes. As for "bad boys", I grew out of that by the time I was 15.

vCash
    I don't think half of the population can be counted on to like anything.

I don't like bad boys, I don't want to fix anyone, and I don't think people change.

I like nerds. (Although I will admit that the last nerd I was over did play guitar, but he played metal which I hate and used to tell him that he could pull all the pots and pans out of his cupboard and it would make the same sound. So I don't think it was a factor in my liking him. No, I think it was something about the way he carried three different high powered calculators with him at all times. )

vCash
    Quote Originally Posted by Rex View Post
    Why does it seem like women go apeshit over musicians?

Is it true or is it a generalization?

Even here, I've read a few ladies' posts that made me wonder.

At my first post-military job, I was friends with a couple of the paralegals, and they both were in love with the lead singer and drummer of a local band, and would take vacation time off to follow them when they went on tour. One of them was also obsessed with Pearl Jam and was looking for paralegal jobs in Seattle just so she could live in their hometown.

And then, you look at really busted guys like Mick Jagger, Keith Richards, Iggy Pop? but they get too many women. And then you have the cute but not-so-talented guys like Bieber, the Jonas Bros...what gives?

Discuss.
    Speaking only for myself, yes I really like musicians that much. Actors do absolutely nothing for me, but I sure do love me some rock stars. I don't know why. They're just hot. That's all.

vCash
    Quote Originally Posted by genevieve View Post
    Except of course that Sleater-Kinney did not have a bass player

OF COURSE I've seen Sleater-Kinney live - not only am I a lesbian, but they started in Oly, WA and I'm in Seattle. Plus, I've seen bands that the two front women were in before S-K. Riot Grrrrrl represent!
    Riot Grrrrls... Sleater-Kinney... Seattle... Oh, hell yes!!!

vCash
    Quote Originally Posted by Jackie Sparrow View Post
    Larry Mullen anyone?
    Larry Mullen... Strong silent type with those muscular arms and those black leather biker jackets. When he does talk, he has that adorable Irish brogue. And he's the one person in this world who can bring Bono down to earth when the situation calls for it. How can anybody not love a guy like that?

vCash
    Quote Originally Posted by Theatregirl1122 View Post

I like nerds. (Although I will admit that the last nerd I was over did play guitar, but he played metal which I hate and used to tell him that he could pull all the pots and pans out of his cupboard and it would make the same sound. So I don't think it was a factor in my liking him. No, I think it was something about the way he carried three different high powered calculators with him at all times. )
    The problem that I have with some of the self-proclaimed nerds that I've encountered are that they think that they are the authority in whatever subject you talk about or that they tend to be very dismissive of any dissenting opinion. I find that those types of nerds (not everyone that calls him/herself a nerd) tend to be very self-centered in their thinking or at least narrow-minded and that can lead others to think they're always being contrarian or just plain negative. They seem to actively refuse to see the world outside their own view of the way things should be and although their type of rationalization sometimes works, I find that it really limits their understanding.

But then maybe those are geeks I'm talking about and re-reading what I wrote seems to apply to every segment of the population. Who knows.
    "Corporation, n. An ingenious device for obtaining individual profit without individual responsibility." - Ambrose Bierce

vCash
    My alternative musical crush is Josh Homme from Queens of the Stone Age.

And for making me swoon Chris Isaak - http://www.youtube.com/watch?v=LO8enpqoRQY. I dare anyone not to get hot and sweaty watching this.

In my early 20s I thought Paul Young was really cute. And Simon Le Bon. And Tony Hadley, the lead singer of Spandau Ballet.

My current girl crush is kd lang. Any time that woman sings I swoon.
    When you are up to your arse in alligators it is difficult to remember you were only meant to be draining the swamp.

vCash
    Yes, I have always found musicians attractive and sexy for some reason!

Page 4 of 5 FirstFirst ... 2345 LastLast