Page 2 of 5 FirstFirst 1234 ... LastLast

vCash
    Speaking only for myself . . . yes.

Quote Originally Posted by SharonDudd
    I remember watching a documentary on Frank Sinatra that showed women who were teenagers during his "heyday" and were screaming like lunatics at his sold-out shows!!
    Young Sinatra was legendary that way. I believe he was one of the first modern examples of a singer causing girls to cry, scream, and faint on a massive scale, so it was considered a bit odd. Looney Tunes did a bunch of parodies of it that are pretty funny. And I remember Gene Kelly saying that when they made On the Town in New York, it was sometime difficult to get any filming done because of all the Sinatra groupies hanging around trying to get a glimpse.
    Charter member of the "We Always Believed in Ashley" Club and the "We Believe in Ricky" Club

Zamboni Zombie
    vCash
    Quote Originally Posted by Rex View Post
    Why does it seem like women go apeshit over musicians?

Is it true or is it a generalization?
    I'm in the throes of a musician crush, but I think he's good looking and talented.

When I was 14, I liked Rick Springfield, but his albums after Don't Talk To Strangers started to creep me out.
    Cigarettes are like squirrels. They are perfectly harmless until you put one in your mouth and light it on fire. -- @ciggybuttz on Twitter

vCash
    Quote Originally Posted by skateycat View Post
    I'm in the throes of a musician crush, but I think he's good looking and talented. .
    But doesn't everyone think that way about their fave musician crush?

Official FSU Alte Kacher
    vCash
    Quote Originally Posted by Allen View Post
    I've always said that a guy with a guitar is infinitely hotter than sans guitar. Drummers are also extraordinarily hot.
    *ahem* I used to be a garage band drummer in my H.S. years. I think it has to do with the usual stage set-up of the drummer in back, on a raised platform. Gave an aura of mystery. And also the drummer is the backbone of rock. Drumsticks in the back pocket were a chick magnet.
    Of course, after a couple of local gigs, our glorious careers came to an end. Seems we really weren’t that good.
    "Nothing in all the world is more dangerous than sincere ignorance and conscientious stupidity”– MLK

Zamboni Zombie
    vCash
    But doesn't everyone think that way about their fave musician crush?
    Oh, sure. He's also thousands of miles away and I can idealize him to whatever extent I'm inclined to do that. However, he's of no use to me when little skateycat is up all night with the flu.
    Cigarettes are like squirrels. They are perfectly harmless until you put one in your mouth and light it on fire. -- @ciggybuttz on Twitter

vCash
    I'm prone to crushing on musicians very much so. The reason, besides liking somebody's who passionate about what he does, is that basically to me musicians are vehicles through which I can associate life experiences to music. But I also think, in general all artists tend to be very popular as they wouldn't probably be if they're accountants for example.
    Currently Brent Kutzle and Ryan Tedder of One Republic make me gaga, and after seeing them live I seriously think Colorado is a State I'd like to visit In my early years Freddie Mercury, yeah I know, and Roger Taylor had that effect on me as well (drummers are très sexy).

ETA Allen and I seem to share the same fascination with drummers

vCash
    Larry Mullen anyone?

vCash
    Quote Originally Posted by Jackie Sparrow View Post
    Larry Mullen anyone?
    Cosmic synchrony!
    That "Electrical storm" video renders him justice

The thing with drummers is that they appear to have a very good sense of rhythm and also they look sort of jumpy, but in a good way. A GF of mine who dated a drummer confirmed me this gift turn out to be very pleasant

vCash
    Quote Originally Posted by mila19 View Post
    Cosmic synchrony!
    That "Electrical storm" video renders him justice

The thing with drummers is that they appear to have a very good sense of rhythm and also they look sort of jumpy, but in a good way. A GF of mine who dated a drummer confirmed me this gift turn out to be very pleasant
    And the arms they got

vCash
    I am not sure if you are looking for a serious answer. I think that it lies in the rhythm of the beat/music. That it speaks to us physically like a heartbeat, a thumping and putting you into a symbioc (sp) movement with the music

And when someone feels that physical pull, then I think that it is natural that one lusts after those who create that feeling. Then the bad boy pull of Mick Jagger or Keith Richards is the challenge of trying to make them angels and you can of course be the one who turns them from whore to angel.

vCash
    numbers!! I'm stunned!! Only kidding!

I think that I've been one who associates certain songs and singers to certain events in my life and what makes them memorable or more prone to be forgotten.

OK, I am OFFICIALLY OLD!! I read the posts (and even granting that I am dyslexic) I read that as "Fred MacMurray" of the old My Three Sons sitcom!! GAWWWWWWWWWWWWWWDDDDDDDDDDDDDD!!!

Saint Smugpawski
    Cutting Down Privet Because Food Prices Are Going Up Next Year
    vCash
    Uncle Charley was hot.
    The fastest thing out of New Jersey since Tricky Nicky in a Muscovian handbasket

vCash
    Quote Originally Posted by Southpaw View Post
    Uncle Charley was hot.

vCash
    Does anyone else remember the character from Good Morning Vietnam, owned a bar or restaurant and he was always looking for nude pictures of Walter Brennan? Yes, THAT Walter Brennan! (really, really scary)

vCash
    Quote Originally Posted by SharonDudd View Post
    Does anyone else remember the character from Good Morning Vietnam, owned a bar or restaurant and he was always looking for nude pictures of Walter Brennan? Yes, THAT Walter Brennan! (really, really scary)
    I remember that guy. Thank God that was played for laughs.

Ok, who liked Bobby Goldsboro and David & Shaun Cassidy?
    Last edited by Rex; 12-04-2010 at 11:16 PM. Reason: spelling error

vCash
    I remember that guy. Thank God that was played for laughs.

Ok, who like Bobby Goldsboro and David & Shaun Cassidy?
    raises hand And David was recently arrested for DUI

vCash
    I was in love with Taylor Hanson, Justin Timberlake, and Nick Carter when I was in elementary school, haha. That was my hardcore teenybopper phase. I will say that any guy who has a nice voice automatically makes them more attractive, in my eyes, but not necessarily because I like musicians but because it means that they're talented. I mean, Darren Criss was already cute, but once he did "Teenage Dream," you know that all of the girls/women just swooned. I guess for famous musicians, yes, it's because they're passionate about it too. However, I also think that having a British accent automatically makes you more attractive as well.

Adam Lambert is gay, but the majority of his fanbase is female. For the fans who are also interested in him physically, I don't think his true sexuality really matters, just that he has a dick. He regularly does a cover of T.Rex's/Placebo's "20th Century Boy" where he basically wails out, "I wanna be your man. I wanna be your toy, your 20th century boy." The audience goes apeshit. I think there's also the fact that if it's a really lucky day, he will in fact kiss you, whether you're a boy (5:20) or a girl (4:10). In addition to this, there are also the women who think they can turn him. :facepalm:

I think it's pretty much all just the fantasy that the women love. The musician looks larger than life up there on the stage. He's talented and passionate about doing it. Being a musician also makes you seem more sensitive. The majority of songs are about love, so whether or not you're 15 and look like a lesbian ("Baby, baby, baby, I thought you'd always be mine") or a crooner ("Girl, you're amazing, just the way you are") or an old rocker ("Feel my serpentine"), they're talking directly to women and they're starring usually as themselves. That's not the case with actors.
    Last edited by cailuj365; 12-04-2010 at 11:28 PM. Reason: Sorry for all the edits

vCash
    Quote Originally Posted by numbers123 View Post
    raises hand And David was recently arrested for DUI
    Is he aging well at least?

vCash
    Quote Originally Posted by cailuj365 View Post
    Adam Lambert is gay, but the majority of his fanbase is female. I don't think sexuality really matters, just that he has a dick.
    I am one of his fans, but it is not his dick that makes me a fan . He has an excellent voice and stage presence.

REX - let's just say the police vid camera was not flattering towards Mr. Cassidy

vCash
    me, too for the Bobby Goldsboro (for only a brief moment in time) and Shaun looks pretty good.

Now, where else in the world would we start out asking about if women like musicians and end up talking about Walter Brennan and Uncle Charley? Only at FSU!!

Page 2 of 5 FirstFirst 1234 ... LastLast