Page 1 of 5 123 ... LastLast

vCash

Do Women Really Like Musicians That Much?

Why does it seem like women go apeshit over musicians?

Is it true or is it a generalization?

Even here, I've read a few ladies' posts that made me wonder.

At my first post-military job, I was friends with a couple of the paralegals, and they both were in love with the lead singer and drummer of a local band, and would take vacation time off to follow them when they went on tour. One of them was also obsessed with Pearl Jam and was looking for paralegal jobs in Seattle just so she could live in their hometown.

And then, you look at really busted guys like Mick Jagger, Keith Richards, Iggy Pop? but they get too many women. And then you have the cute but not-so-talented guys like Bieber, the Jonas Bros...what gives?

Discuss.

Saint Smugpawski
    Cutting Down Privet Because Food Prices Are Going Up Next Year
    vCash
    Jellus?

The fastest thing out of New Jersey since Tricky Nicky in a Muscovian handbasket

vCash
    I don't think I've ever had a crush on a musician. Is it just musicians? I'd say it's more people with an extraordinary talent

vCash
    Quote Originally Posted by Southpaw View Post
    Jellus?

devastated

Quote Originally Posted by Jackie Sparrow View Post
    I don't think I've ever had a crush on a musician.
    Good for you. Don't drink that "musicians are hot" koolaid.

Skating Pairs with Drew
    vCash
    Quote Originally Posted by Jackie Sparrow View Post
    I don't think I've ever had a crush on a musician. Is it just musicians? I'd say it's more people with an extraordinary talent
    I haven't either. I did have a crush on an actor when I was twelve though. I don't think it is about talent. That doesn't apply to most of those who are getting the screams. I think it is just a way to have a safe crush and to release some emotion. Kind of like acting like three year old kids as they cheer for their favorite football teams.

OmnipresentAdmeanistrator
    vCash
    Quote Originally Posted by Rex View Post
    Why does it seem like women go apeshit over musicians?

Is it true or is it a generalization?
    Probably both.

I think, in general, women like men who can do something well and are passionate about it. If they're successful at it, even better.

And then, you look at really busted guys like Mick Jagger, Keith Richards, Iggy Pop? but they get too many women.
    Famous, rich and successful. Having said that, personally I would not touch any of them with a ten-foot pole.

And then you have the cute but not-so-talented guys like Bieber, the Jonas Bros...what gives?
    I thought we were talking about women, not 13-year-old girls who will fancy anyone cute. Then again my version of cute when I was 13 was Andy Taylor from Duran Duran: short, not conventionally handsome, but he played guitar really well. But it was just a teenage crush. I don't think I would ever get involved with a famous musician. A writer yes (and I did), but not a musician. I don't think that lifestyle is good for relationships.

vCash
    Quote Originally Posted by WindSpirit View Post
    are passionate about it.
    That. It's not the talent per se, it's being passionate about something...about something women can relate to, i.e. NOT football

vCash
    I think it has something to do with the whole "artistic, tortured soul" image that a lot project. I'm thinking back to several lifetimes ago when I was a young teenager with a passionate crush on rock and roll icons. It's actually kind of scary to think back to how crazy some people actually got.
    NOT me, of course...(snicker, snicker...)

And I don't think it's been relegated to the teeny-boppers at all. I know of women my own age (50+) who stand and scream like nuts at the idea of getting close enough to their "one, true love!" THAT'S SCARY!! Then I think of all the things I "might have done" to get close to people like Jim Morrison, Elvis, The Beatles etc...and that sends me Listen to me, now??!! Tonight is the Michael Buble concert in Chicago and I was willing to pay ridiculous amounts of money for one ticket?? I don't think so..I can listen at home to my cds and not the woman next to me screaming in my ear!

Skating Pairs with Drew
    vCash
    Quote Originally Posted by SharonDudd View Post
    And I don't think it's been relegated to the teeny-boppers at all. I know of women my own age (50+) who stand and scream like nuts at the idea of getting close enough to their "one, true love!" THAT'S SCARY!! !
    Yes, but I think that this is because many of these musicians are still coming across as boys instead of men. Even at 60 plus years of age most of the rock stars are still portraying the adolescent image and angst. Perhaps it brings back memories of a happier time for some of these crazed women. They either want to go back to adolescence or have never left it. Hey, if it brings them pleasure...

Saint Smugpawski
    Cutting Down Privet Because Food Prices Are Going Up Next Year
    vCash
    Music has the power to affect emotions. Men have di%ks. That's really all there is to it. It's seduction without the payoff unless you're Pamela des Barres.
    The fastest thing out of New Jersey since Tricky Nicky in a Muscovian handbasket

vCash
    When I worked for a symphony a couple years ago I discovered that classical musicians have groupies, too. And I have to say, the clarinetist and one of the violinists were quite the hotties.
    My job requires me to be a juggler, but that does not mean that I enjoy working with clowns.

vCash
    I thought we were talking about women, not 13-year-old girls who will fancy anyone cute. Then again my version of cute when I was 13 was Andy Taylor from Duran Duran: short, not conventionally handsome, but he played guitar really well. But it was just a teenage crush. I don't think I would ever get involved with a famous musician. A writer yes (and I did), but not a musician. I don't think that lifestyle is good for relationships.
    Who posted the "Lesbians who look like Justin Bieber" link here ?

But teen girls love these guys, who are basically built like lollipops and have questionable singing talent.

vCash
    Not sure why but I was crazy about any cute face or sexy voice as a kid. However I grew out of it once I left my teens behind and that was a looooooooooong time ago. LOL
    “Love all, trust a few, do wrong to none.” William Shakespeare

vCash
    Don't get me wrong. Mooning over some singer as a teenager is one thing but as a very mature adult, is quite another! The very thought of Mick Jagger or Keith Richards at this point in time?? EWWWWWWWW, just EEEEWWWWWWWWW

Now, Sir Paul? There's a guy who has aged gracefully!!

And HEY NOW!!! There are some of us out here that REALLY, REALLY LOVE college football! I'm all set for both the SEC and Big 12 Championships today!

I do however remember having quite a crush on Mickey Dolenz of The Monkees! (now, that is scary!!) Different times for different generations. I remember watching a documentary on Frank Sinatra that showed women who were teenagers during his "heyday" and were screaming like lunatics at his sold-out shows!!

drinky typo pbp, closet hugger
    vCash
    At my first post-military job, I was friends with a couple of the paralegals, and they both were in love with the lead singer and drummer of a local band, and would take vacation time off to follow them when they went on tour. One of them was also obsessed with Pearl Jam and was looking for paralegal jobs in Seattle just so she could live in their hometown.
    heeee, it's not like Pearl Jam walks down the street in Seattle Although I did pass Kris Novoselic of Nirvana on Broadway in 1996.

Quote Originally Posted by mmscfdcsu View Post
    Kind of like acting like three year old kids as they cheer for their favorite football teams.
    Honestly, does everything that you don't enjoy have to be about other people being clinically immature?

A lot of musicians are good looking, and a lot of the ones who aren't are still sexy (look at videos of Iggy Pop in the '70s - that man was PURE SEX on stage). A lot of performance is about channelling passion, and that connects with a lot of people. Add in the fame and the lifestayle of getting to do what you want and not slog in some crap desk job, and sure, there's a whole fantasy around rock musicians.

There's also the whole power thing. Plenty of busted looking guys have hot wives/girlfriends and women who want to be with them. I'm more about how Donald Trump attracts young beautiful woman than Keith Richards.
    Q: Why can't I read the competition threads?
    A: Competition forums on the board are available to those with a Season Pass or a premium membership How to View Kiss & Cry

vCash
    I've always said that a guy with a guitar is infinitely hotter than sans guitar. Drummers are also extraordinarily hot.
    Logic is in the eye of the logician --Gloria Steinem

drinky typo pbp, closet hugger
    vCash
    bass players. esp women bass players
    Q: Why can't I read the competition threads?
    A: Competition forums on the board are available to those with a Season Pass or a premium membership How to View Kiss & Cry

vCash
    genevieve: I am totally with you on that note!!

vCash
    I wish my parents had made me take music lessons when I was a kid.

vCash
    ELVIS!! from the waist up anyway!!

http://www.youtube.com/watch?v=s8Xm47yTgQg

Then of course, Jim Morrision on Ed? Hysterical! I was just heading to high school and my parents were convinced I was on drugs or possessed by some demon!

Page 1 of 5 123 ... LastLast