vCash

NOW 20/20 what would you do

They are doing a thing on figure skating moms

vCash
    They shot this in NY and there is a coach named Rose M (who stepped in to stop the mom from hell) and a skater named Oliva ( Jeannie her real coach is part of it) who was the actress who is being yelled at by first the Mom and then the coach.

vCash
    The actress playing the mom was very convincing. I loved the one woman who never spoke to her but was giving her some nasty looks.

I also liked the little girl who was hugging the skater.

vCash
    I really hope this doesn't go on around the world with these kids. I was a top ranked state swimmer and my parents would crew me out in the car or at home (mostly about gooffing around in practice, they couldn't do much about comps, since I won a lot). But I still got the "your times would be much better if you spent more time working in practice, and how much this cost us". But luckly I had a coach who didn't allow parents anywhere near us during practice and comps. I spent 5-6 hours in a pool 6 days a week for 16 years.

vCash
    Happens all the time in skating (more so with moms than coaches). I'll never forget the senior "lady" (she was a teen) whose mom was yelling at her in the dressing room and saying she was a failure. I figured she'd bombed/popped her jumps/came in last out of 16 plus skaters, turns out she won silver...mom went on to say "Silver is second and second is for losers." Seen a lot of skating moms come and go, but most coaches don't/can't get away with it in skating. But kudos to those on the show who stood up against both. I also wonder if this show is making people second-guess themselves - i.e., am I on TV?!