Page 1 of 45 12311 ... LastLast

vCash

Big Brother 12 (US Version)

Cast has been released:

http://www.cbs.com/primetime/big_brother/

Have to look at the videos at home tonight but can see some early favs. Suppose to be a couple of "uber fans" in the mix so it will be interesting to see how they fare against the mactors.

And we'll know on week two who the person is that the producers have picked to be working against the house ie another "america's player" like Eric was a few seasons ago.

Oh, read on another site that the 14th person bailed at the last minute and there wasn't time to bring in replacement so that's why there is only 13 players this time.

vCash
    People still watch it in the US?

vCash
    They are all from FL, IL, AR, and CA. WTF? And too many of them look alike... do we have another secret teams thing going on? Relatives?

vCash
    Quote Originally Posted by Jayar View Post
    They are all from FL, IL, AR, and CA. WTF? And too many of them look alike... do we have another secret teams thing going on? Relatives?
    I haven't read anything about a relative or pre-existing relationship twist though I guess TPTB could announce that next week. I just think casting got lazy and went for people from the same casting calls.

So far the only twist that has been announced is the "Summer of Sabotage" where an unknown player is going to be doing the bidding of America and trying to mess with the game. Like Eric, they will be rewarded with a cash prize every time they are able to pull something off. I guess TPTB will "fix" things to make sure this person is around for awhile.
    Last edited by Catherine M; 06-30-2010 at 09:24 PM.

From the Bloc
    vCash
    *runs into thread*

Wheee can't wait. I haven't been particularly happy with the outcomes in recent seasons, but always enjoy the ride!

Too darn busy right now to fully examine the bios, but will asap.

vCash
    I see cast members from Philadelphia, Texas, New Jersey, and Las Vegas. There are 13 cast members listed.

2 Florida
    2 California
    2 Arkansas
    2 Illinois
    1 Texas
    1 Pennsylvania
    1 New Jersey
    1 Nevada
    1 Arizona

vCash
    So I was reading some of the contestant threads over at Sucks and it seems like Matt was on a season of "Average Joe" as one of the Joes.

Makes him a possible saboteur since he has previous reality tv experience ie he'll be pretty comfortable on camera and use to taking direction from TPTB.

vCash
    Quote Originally Posted by Ziggy View Post
    Yes, all 7 of us masochists loyal fans who are left.

From the Bloc
    vCash
    Canadians watch it too

vCash
    I am so excited for this.. I've been without a TV show to watch since all of them ended at the beginning of May.

Took a quick look at the cast bios, looks like they've got a few good potentials here. They asked a question about which players from past seasons they liked/hated the most.. I believe all of them gave specific people, so I'm hoping we don't get any mactor TV whores who haven't seen the show before.

Interesting to note that they have the profiles of 13 people up. There was a magazine spread posted over on Sucks that said there were going to be 14 houseguests this season. Perhaps the saboteur's identity will remain a mystery until the first broadcast. Or perhaps it was just a typo

vCash
    Quote Originally Posted by Fridge_Break View Post
    Interesting to note that they have the profiles of 13 people up. There was a magazine spread posted over on Sucks that said there were going to be 14 houseguests this season. Perhaps the saboteur's identity will remain a mystery until the first broadcast. Or perhaps it was just a typo
    Apparently they intended to have 14 HGs but one bowed out due to cold feet.

vCash
    Quote Originally Posted by Ziggy View Post
    Some of us don't have a life
    Never mess with a geocacher. We know the best places to hide a body....

vCash
    Quote Originally Posted by jamesy View Post
    Apparently they intended to have 14 HGs but one bowed out due to cold feet.
    She probably realized that her entire life would be broadcast on live TV and internet for the next 3 months

vCash
    Yay, BB!
    Quote Originally Posted by jamesy View Post
    Yes, all 7 of us masochists loyal fans who are left.
    Count me as # 8, since I watch the Israeli version as well.

Argle-Bargle-ist
    vCash
    My first thought after checking out the male cast members was, "are they all the same guy???" Plus it's a very WHITE cast.

Quote Originally Posted by Catherine M View Post
    Oh, read on another site that the 14th person bailed at the last minute and there wasn't time to bring in replacement so that's why there is only 13 players this time.
    +

Honestly. Surely they must plan for something like this. I would have thought that 20 people would have been sequestered with all of them knowing that only 14 would make it on the show. And if someone gets ill, has an emergency back home, or "gets cold feet" ( x infinity), then no problem, there's six back-up contestants.

And whoever backed out, I think they're a big LOSER when there are so many people out there who would want the opportunity they were given.

Quote Originally Posted by Jenny View Post
    Canadians watch it too
    For sure, eh?
    It's official. I am madly in love with Meryl Davis.

vCash
    I've never watched an episode of Big Brother in the past, but I may give this season a shot.

vCash
    Quote Originally Posted by shan View Post
    I've never watched an episode of Big Brother in the past, but I may give this season a shot.
    Go for it. Watching the show makes you feel like your life is pretty good and healthy. The journey is fun. Just to warn you - sometimes the end just sucks.

vCash
    Quote Originally Posted by shan View Post
    If you like Survivor, you'll probably like Big Brother. Although, like smurfy said, this show, like the Amazing Race, kind of has a reputation of producing some clunker winners. Although don't let that alone drive you away, this season could be different!

vCash
    Ok, I'm all caught up on my bio readings/videos.

FWIW, here are my thoughts on some of the contestants.

Pre show like:

Monet
    Matt, but only if he's the mole
    Rachel
    Brendon, at least he is upfront on getting into fake showmances to further his game

Need to see more of:

Hayden
    Lane, though his thread over at Sucks is going to be epic; they are going to bring back the food log that they did for Ryan a few seasons back and I have to admit it was one of the funniest threads ever over there!!
    Annie
    Kathy, though I hope she doesn't mention that she almost died every 30 seconds on the feed

Meh on:

Britney
    Enzo
    Andrew
    Ragan
    Kristen

Can't wait for next Thursday!!

Top Secret FSU Witness Protection Location
    vCash
    My favorite show of the year, WEEEE! I can't wait!!!!

I hate America's Player, I feel badly for the person chosen to do it and it really messes up other peoples games. I much prefer to let everyone play for themselves and let the best player win. I don't mind one week of someone being America's player or something but not the entire Summer. I am not happy about that but maybe we can get lucky and have them out early, not that the Producers would ever allow it.

Just looked at the pictures. Wow, this is a really a white persons show, huh? Only one cast member is black and she is really light skinned. Everyone else appears to be white, as white as can be!! Couldn't cast an Asian, Indian, anything? I think it would make things so much more interesting and "real."
    -Brian
    "Michelle would never be caught with sausage grease staining her Vera Wang." - rfisher

Page 1 of 45 12311 ... LastLast