Not 'Boxxy'!
    vCash

Primetime: "Mom Insults Figure-Skating Daughter"

Tonight's show features a segment entitled, "Woman insulting her daughter during her ice skating practice." A preview:

http://abcnews.go.com/WhatWouldYouDo...ry?id=12274748

Remember, these are actors, but the on-lookers are real!

(Other segments: Hidden cameras capture people's reaction to a teenager stumbling towards his car and a father's reaction to his son confessing he's gay.)

ABC, Friday, 9pm ET

I'm addicted to this show!
    Last edited by soxxy; 12-03-2010 at 11:47 AM.

vCash
    Quote Originally Posted by soxxy View Post
    Tonight's show features a segment entitled, "Woman insulting her daughter during her ice skating practice." A preview:

http://abcnews.go.com/WhatWouldYouDo...ry?id=12274748

Remember, these are actors, but the on-lookers are real!

(Other segments: Hidden cameras capture people's reaction to a teenager stumbling towards his car and a father's reaction to his son confessing he's gay.)

ABC, Friday, 9pm ET

I'm addicted to this show!
    I love this show too, it really makes you think about what you would do in that same situation.

vCash
    You can watch the figure skating part of the 12/3 episode online: http://abcnews.go.com/WhatWouldYouDo...ry?id=12274748
    Just noticed another thread about this episode: http://www.fsuniverse.net/forum/showthread.php?t=76277

Port de bras!!!
    vCash
    People really talk to their kids like that???
    "Nature is a damp, inconvenient sort of place where birds and animals wander about uncooked."

from Speedy Death

vCash
    Quote Originally Posted by IceAlisa View Post
    That may have been a slight exaggeration for dramatic effect, but I'm sure there are plenty of skary skating moms that sound pretty close....but usually that kind of talk doesn't happen in an ice rink in front of other people, usually it's in a private place - car, home, etc.

At one of the rinks I skate, many of the parents are convinced their child will grow up to be the next Kimmie/Evan/pick your champion skater. It's kind of a running joke at other rinks in the area. At that rink, most of the pushy mom activity involves bragging about their kid and critiquing other people's kids while sitting in the lobby watching through the rink windows. But I've seen/heard parents making comments about how their kid needs to do this or that to land such-and-such, and of course they're wrong....and I've seen parents 'coach' their kids from the boards - a lot of times, it's stuff the coaches have mentioned the kid needs to work on and the parent takes to it with a vengeance. Usually, those kids burn out within a couple of years and move on to some other activity.

vCash
    Quote Originally Posted by IceAlisa View Post
    When I was in high school and my dad came to watch, he often got into verbal tussles with Crazy Skate Moms (and Dads) about this behavior. He chewed this one woman out so loudly people applauded him one day.

vCash
    What was Caroline's mom doing in NY? "Oh Caroline...you so ugly...you never skate good. Caroline, you no how to stroke!"

vCash
    I haven't seen it often, but I have seen it. I've seen parents do it and I've seen coaches do it. When it happens: Parents usually do it when the kid is off the ice. On ice it's usually the coach you hear saying horrible things.