Page 5 of 7 FirstFirst ... 34567 LastLast
    vCash
    Quote Originally Posted by Rob View Post
    I have had Keurig coffee at my hair salon and at a friend's house, and both times, it was too watery and weak for me. Not sure what model my friend has, but it was an 8 oz cup. At the hair salon, it is the B3000SE model that is hooked up to a water source and I used the 6 oz setting. But I like strong coffee.
    Santa brought a Cuisinart SS-70 and it also makes too wimpy a cup, IMO. I can't make any more than 6oz for the extra bold varieties and even the 4oz is too weak for most of the milder varieties. I tried the MyKCup for my favorite Starbucks Cafe Verona and it wasn't nearly as good as what came out of my old-style Braun carafe.

However, I am loving Emeril's Big Easy Bold - and Gloria Jean's Mudslide or Timothy's Cinnamon Pastry is a nice change of pace now and then - all at 6oz per cup. DS likes a much broader range of coffee strengths than I do and never drinks more than one cup at a time, so he is thrilled to have something other than Cafe Verona at hand.

vCash
    Got my DH the Breville, it's the only maker that is stainless steel. Pricey, but got $$$ off on Amazon. It uses any coffee inserts. Makes about 6 cups and several different sizes.

vCash
    Quote Originally Posted by DubbalinGirl View Post
    I've had a Keurig at home for a year and loved it so much that I got a desktop one at work for Christmas. No more $75 a month on Starbucks down in the lobby! Woo hoo! (But an INSANE caffeine addiction now, I just spin around in my chair and it's right here on my desk!)
    I've got a coffee machine on my desk at work too. It was a necessity since the work coffee sucked. It's got a stainless steel carafe that it pours into, so it's always fresh and never tastes burnt.

About the Keurig - it was brewing less coffee than it should. Called and the super helpful customer service rep. walked me through a cleaning cycle that included using a paper clip to unclog parts I didn't even know it had. Works much better now and they were incredibly nice on the phone.

vCash
    Quote Originally Posted by dbell1 View Post
    About the Keurig - it was brewing less coffee than it should. Called and the super helpful customer service rep. walked me through a cleaning cycle that included using a paper clip to unclog parts I didn't even know it had. Works much better now and they were incredibly nice on the phone.
    Love this: unclog parts I didn't even know it had!!!

I had that same problem recently with my home machine and googled it. Someone said take off the reservoir and turn the machine upside down and shake it a couple of hard shakes. That "clears the air out of the line" whatever that means. And voila, full cups again. So keep that in mind too if it happens again.

Saint Smugpawski
    Cutting Down Privet Because Food Prices Are Going Up Next Year
    vCash
    Thanks for the heads-up!

I bought the Cafe Mocha in the grocery store tonight and tried it as soon as I got home. Love it!
    The fastest thing out of New Jersey since Tricky Nicky in a Muscovian handbasket

vCash
    So part of my registration stuff was a coupon code to buy two boxes of k-cups from Keurig.com and get two free. I ordered the Twinings English Breakfast tea and the Timothy's Peppermint Tea as well as two coffee boxes for my husband.

I love the Twinings and I loathe the Timothy's. Is there anyone who wants to trade? Even a few cups for a few cups of something else?

I'm sick so I wonder if my taste buds are "off", but it's just too strong a peppermint for me. I've discovered all the minty teas I have are a mix of peppermint and spearmint.

This is the one I'm talking about....http://www.keurig.com/coffee/pepperm...mothys__coffee

Duck Hunter
    vCash
    My mom got my fiance one for Christmas and he LOVES it! He enjoys having a fresh cup of coffee every time. She got him the little filter you can get so you can use your own coffee too which has come in very handy because he was worried about the little cups getting expensive.

Skating supporter
    Born in Nova Scotia but living in Ottawa, Ontario (Canada's Capital)
    vCash
    Well, after reading all the information provided here and asking lots of questions of my friend who has had a Keurig for a couple of years, I decided that it might be a good purchase for me if I could find one at the right price.

I normally use some favourite fair trade coffees roasted in Nova Scotia (and have a supply on hand) so I was encouraged that I would be able to continue to do so with the "my K-cup" accessory.

Last week I spotted the "Ultimate" package at Costco which included the Model B66, 90 K-cups (1 variety box of 18; 1 box Timothy's Midnight Magic; 1 Timothy's Breakfast Blend; 1 Van Houtte House Blend; 1 Van Houtte Colombian) plus the My K-cup. The listed price was CDN$189.99 + tax.

This seemed like a good deal but I held off on the purchase as I was expecting a year-end voucher from my Costco American Express card. It arrived yesterday and turned out to be for $98+ so today I went back to Costco with it and applied it to the package.

It's now all set up, has been registered online, and I'm enjoying my first cup of coffee.

A belated Christmas gift to myself!!
    Can't skate but love to watch

vCash
    Dunkin Donuts just announced that they're coming to Keurig in summer 2011!

Now if Starbucks and Tim's could follow suit...

vCash
    Quote Originally Posted by Lara View Post

Hubby will be very happy!
    AceOn6, the golf loving skating fan

vCash
    So, after the issues of early January, the machine was still doing the 'too little brew'. One day, it did the opposite - it spurted out over 2 cups of scalding hot coffee when my mom used it. Thankfully, she didn't have her hand on the cup and it all went into the drip tray. I called Keurig and they replaced the machine. I just had to mail back the inside k-cup holder. Customer service was very helpful (as usual), but it's a lesser quality machine. The QVC version had an iced tea setting, this one doesnt. But, as long as it works and doesn't attack, we're fine with it.

Pretty dissapointed that it lasted less than a year. New one also has a 1 year warranty. I have visions of yearly replacements.

I really wish they'd come out with a bio-degradable 'K-Cup'. That plastic waste drives me nuts. Mom's incapable of measuring, so the filter thing is out - she'd ruin it within days. Me, I went back to the DD bagged and my thermal carafe at home.

vCash
    I really wish they'd come out with a bio-degradable 'K-Cup'. That plastic waste drives me nuts.
    Some of the Celestial Seasonings teas are in biodegradable packaging. It works fine for the brew cycle, but starts to disintegrate shortly thereafter. I need to make sure I pluck the used cup out right away!
    AceOn6, the golf loving skating fan

Saint Smugpawski
    vCash
    Pretty dissapointed that it lasted less than a year. New one also has a 1 year warranty. I have visions of yearly replacements.
    Now you have me scairt for my lil' bluey.
    The fastest thing out of New Jersey since Tricky Nicky in a Muscovian handbasket

Diagonally parked in a parallel universe.
    vCash
    I really wish they'd come out with a bio-degradable 'K-Cup'. That plastic waste drives me nuts.
    It takes a little effort, but I've been recycling mine. I open the used k-cup, dump out and compost the used grounds & filter, and throw the plastic&foil into my mixed materials recycling bin. Although it doesn't have a PET marking, I figure the plastic-foil combo is similar in makeup to tetrapaks, which are recyclable. And I haven't had any "rejected" by the recycling nazis yet...

vCash
    Quote Originally Posted by Lara View Post

I thought I read somewhere a few weeks ago that Starbucks is going to make K-cups. I think I read it on MSN, but I don't have a link to it.
    If ignorance is bliss, I'm overjoyed.

vCash
    Quote Originally Posted by Artemis@BC View Post
    It takes a little effort, but I've been recycling mine. I open the used k-cup, dump out and compost the used grounds & filter, and throw the plastic&foil into my mixed materials recycling bin. Although it doesn't have a PET marking, I figure the plastic-foil combo is similar in makeup to tetrapaks, which are recyclable. And I haven't had any "rejected" by the recycling nazis yet...
    That's a really good idea. I think I'll try that, too. I haven't gotten into compost[ing], but at the very least I'll be able to recycle the plastic and foil.
    If ignorance is bliss, I'm overjoyed.

vCash
    Quote Originally Posted by Stefanie View Post
    I thought I read somewhere a few weeks ago that Starbucks is going to make K-cups. I think I read it on MSN, but I don't have a link to it.
    I think it's possible yes. They're probably in negotiations now.

I'd probably prefer Dunkin for plain coffee anyway though. Tim Hortons is what would really make my day, I have the K-cup filter but inevitably don't use it as much.

ETA - I just read Kona coffees are being discontinued? If you're a fan I'd stock up...

vCash
    Quote Originally Posted by Southpaw View Post
    Now you have me scairt for my lil' bluey.
    I thought of you when mine died.

Guess the big key is to register it and clean it a lot. I will say that the QVC model beat the 'regular' model hands down in extras. Mine came with the filter for the water, 2 filter packs, 48 k-cups, an iced tea setting AND the filter for the coffee for less than Keurig charges. Of course it also died...

Saint Smugpawski
    vCash
    I thought of you when mine died.

Guess the big key is to register it and clean it a lot. I will say that the QVC model beat the 'regular' model hands down in extras. Mine came with the filter for the water, 2 filter packs, 48 k-cups, an iced tea setting AND the filter for the coffee for less than Keurig charges. Of course it also died...
    Mine didn't come with an iced tea setting so you probably now have the same one I have. Here's hoping neither of them break like Tonya's laces!

I've been using the My K-Cup like mad lately. I bought some whole bean Peet's coffee and I grind it up myself. Of course it's a bit more expensive than the low rent 8 O'Clock beans I was using, but it's still cheaper than buying K-cups.

vCash
    My niece has a Keurig and loves it. I don't like all the little coffee containers, but they are recyclable, right?
    Since both of us have coffee in the morning, our Cuisinart grind/brew machine with the timer is fine for us.
    I dump the grinds and filter into my compost bucket.

This morning, I saw that Dunkin' Donuts brand coffee is going to be available soon for the Keurig. (Just saw that someone else had mentioned it upthread, sorry.)

Page 5 of 7 FirstFirst ... 34567 LastLast