Page 4 of 7 FirstFirst ... 23456 ... LastLast

vCash
    FWIW, hubby swears by Donut Shop Extra Bold as the closest match to Dunkin.
    AceOn6, the golf loving skating fan

vCash
    tassimo is far better then the keurig

vCash
    Mr Christina got me one for my birthday yesterday!! He also got boxes of the hot chocolate and the Celestial Seasons English Breakfast tea. I tried the chocolate last night, and it was a little watery on the largest cup size. I'm thinking if I use the 8 oz instead of the 10, it will be much better. More room for marshmallows as well!

Saint Smugpawski
    Cutting Down Privet Because Food Prices Are Going Up Next Year
    vCash
    Quote Originally Posted by Christina View Post
    Mr Christina got me one for my birthday yesterday!! He also got boxes of the hot chocolate and the Celestial Seasons English Breakfast tea. I tried the chocolate last night, and it was a little watery on the largest cup size. I'm thinking if I use the 8 oz instead of the 10, it will be much better. More room for marshmallows as well!
    Yeah, I do 8oz for the hot chocolate. I was thinking there's room for whipped cream, but I haven't picked any up yet.

When I ordered from Big Cat they sent me a free K-Cup of Wolfgang Puck's Rodeo Drive blend. It was very nice. I will likely buy it as part of my next order.
    The fastest thing out of New Jersey since Tricky Nicky in a Muscovian handbasket

vCash
    Quote Originally Posted by Southpaw View Post
    When I ordered from Big Cat they sent me a free K-Cup of Wolfgang Puck's Rodeo Drive blend. It was very nice. I will likely buy it as part of my next order.
    Big Cat picks those samples well! The last two I ended up ordering on my next order: Green Mountain's Mocha Nut Fudge and Wild Mountain Blueberry!

Saint Smugpawski
    vCash
    Quote Originally Posted by DubbalinGirl View Post
    Big Cat picks those samples well! The last two I ended up ordering on my next order: Green Mountain's Mocha Nut Fudge and Wild Mountain Blueberry!
    I can't wait to see what my next sample will be when I get the box tomorrow.

And I liked how they tossed in a roll of Smartees, too. They sure know the way to MY heart (and wallet).
    The fastest thing out of New Jersey since Tricky Nicky in a Muscovian handbasket

vCash
    And I liked how they tossed in a roll of Smartees, too. They sure know the way to MY heart (and wallet).
    They also have tea and coffee hard candies that are quite good too!

vCash
    Today, we've had Irish Creme, Southern Pecan, hot chocolate, and 2 cups of Columbian brewed in the Keurig. Best coffeemaker ever. I'm about to have some more.

Lara - welcome to the cult.

vCash
    Anyone's thoughts on Green Mountain's Nantucket Blend? It came out pretty weak this morning even for me and that's saying a lot. Granted I added my usual load of milk so maybe this one just needs less than others...something to keep in mind.

All the ones left from Keurig's included sample are the bold varieties...do I dare? Actually I do have Butter Toffee too which I'm hoping to try out tomorrow afternoon. Sounds yum!

Wonder if I can stock up on Van Houtte at Christmas, their cafes are seriously everywhere in Montreal. Only thing is my parents don't know about the purchase, oops.

Saint Smugpawski
    vCash
    I had the Nantucket Blend and I think I used 8oz of water with that one. If it's not a bold then I usually use 8oz.

I've been drinking Wolfgang Puck's Jamaica Me Crazy and while I'm not normally a fan of flavored coffee this one is nice because it has a subtle coconut flavor. I'm pretty impressed with all of the Wolfgang Puck brews I've tried, actually.

vCash
    Quote Originally Posted by dbell1 View Post
    Today, we've had Irish Creme, Southern Pecan, hot chocolate, and 2 cups of Columbian brewed in the Keurig. Best coffeemaker ever. I'm about to have some more.
    I feel like it's like having a box of chocolates, you keep trying them because you're curious what each one tastes like. Caffeine overdose be damned!

Quote Originally Posted by Lara View Post
    All the ones left from Keurig's included sample are the bold varieties...do I dare?
    Oh yeah...there's one called Jet Fuel. I save that for dire circumstances.

I've been drinking Wolfgang Puck's Jamaica Me Crazy and while I'm not normally a fan of flavored coffee this one is nice because it has a subtle coconut flavor. I'm pretty impressed with all of the Wolfgang Puck brews I've tried, actually.
    Jamaica Me Crazy rocks! Also, Wolfgang's Vienna Coffee House tastes exactly like the beans I bought at Cafe Sacher in Vienna.

Saint Smugpawski
    vCash
    Quote Originally Posted by DubbalinGirl View Post
    Also, Wolfgang's Vienna Coffee House tastes exactly like the beans I bought at Cafe Sacher in Vienna.
    Yeah, that Vienna Coffee House rocks, too! It's creamy with just a faint hint of cinnamon.

vCash

Kuereg vs Tassimo

I know.. there was a thread on this before. I read it. it's on page 4. But I'm slow and if left me confused on which one to get.

It's just for me. To use once or twice a day. I'd like to play and makes teas, coffees, and whatever else is offered. I don't care if I use my own coffee or not. And I don't need the most expensive model. I just want a new toy to play with and want it to taste good. Maybe be on sale too!! Oh yeah and easy to use!

Which do people like?
    Who makes the most interesting assortment of beverages?

Thanks

Liz.... wow 2 posts tonight, considering I joined in 2006 I guess it's time to crawl out of my frozen rock!

Beach Bum
    vCash
    I have had Keurig coffee at my hair salon and at a friend's house, and both times, it was too watery and weak for me. Not sure what model my friend has, but it was an 8 oz cup. At the hair salon, it is the B3000SE model that is hooked up to a water source and I used the 6 oz setting. But I like strong coffee.
    I think I will have a snack and take a nap before I eat and go to sleep.

Saint Smugpawski
    vCash
    I find that a bold coffee brewed with 8oz of water is the magical combination for a normal cup of coffee. In other words, strong.

vCash
    Quote Originally Posted by restful urchin View Post
    I know.. there was a thread on this before. I read it. it's on page 4. But I'm slow and if left me confused on which one to get.

It's just for me. To use once or twice a day. I'd like to play and makes teas, coffees, and whatever else is offered. I don't care if I use my own coffee or not. And I don't need the most expensive model. I just want a new toy to play with and want it to taste good. Maybe be on sale too!! Oh yeah and easy to use!

Which do people like?
    Who makes the most interesting assortment of beverages?

Thanks

Liz.... wow 2 posts tonight, considering I joined in 2006 I guess it's time to crawl out of my frozen rock!
    Hi, Liz!!!

We got a Tassimo a couple years ago and really like it, but I'm really not sure there's probably a whole helluva lot of difference between the two machines. I think I'd go looking for whichever one is on sale. You also might want to check on how available the the coffee pods are in your area. I see more Tassimo than Keurig in the stores I go to, and Superstore seems to have the best selection of Tassimo. That might be different in your area though. I think Canadian Tire has both machines...
    Haunting the Princess of Pink since 20/07/11...

vCash
    Quote Originally Posted by Aceon6 View Post
    FWIW, hubby swears by Donut Shop Extra Bold as the closest match to Dunkin.
    I just ordered some. I hope I think the same.

GPF Barcelona here I come
    NYC, New Mexico, Azores, Cape Cod then Barcelona :)
    vCash
    what an interesting thread.. the last few times I've picked up DD from Quebec to come home we have driven through vermont and the hotel has these coffee machines your talking about and it was great I am going to look in the sales to see if I can pick one up.. as I always end up dumping stale coffee or tea and this was so fresh - maybe they have a smaller version as the one in the hotel was quite large? does anyone have a small one that doesn't take up too much counter space or even better under the cupboard model?
    Thanks to PI .. I discovered I'm actually a Nontheist

"Love is better than Anger, Hope is better than fear" Jack Layton 1950-2011

vCash
    I'm a new member to the Keurig club as well! My brother and his girlfriend got me the single-serve version for Christmas. I haven't taken it out of the box yet , but I hope to do that tonight. I bought some cups on Ebay, but then realized they were cheaper at Bed Bath & Beyond (even without the coupon). Oh well!

Oh and I also won a Hamilton Beach coffee maker (similar to a Keurig in that there is no carafe) through a sweepstakes I'd enterered a few months ago on Houseparty.com. So I go from a tiny hand-me-down coffee maker that makes five four-once cups to two new ones in less than a month! I'm not sure what I'll do with the Hamilton Beach one as I'd like to keep it for parties because it brews more than my Keurig and doesn't require K-cups...

vCash
    I've had a Keurig at home for a year and loved it so much that I got a desktop one at work for Christmas. No more $75 a month on Starbucks down in the lobby! Woo hoo! (But an INSANE caffeine addiction now, I just spin around in my chair and it's right here on my desk!)

Page 4 of 7 FirstFirst ... 23456 ... LastLast