Page 3 of 7 FirstFirst 12345 ... LastLast

vCash
    I love my Nespresso

vCash
    I just placed another K-Cup order for more Green Mountain Spicy Egg Nog, man it is the best thing EVER. And Timothy's Winter Carnival, which is some sort of caramel, custard, spice flavor I haven't tried yet but BigCatCoffee got it in today. Yee ha!
    Last edited by DubbalinGirl; 12-07-2010 at 01:39 PM.

vCash
    The captain had one put in the wardroom this past summer. I didn't know what it was. But yesterday the enlisted galley's coffee maker was on the fritz, so the deputy captain asked me if I wanted to try some of the wardroom coffee. It was really good coffee - love the taste; it was very smooth. I am tempted to buy one myself now .

Failing her snatch
    vCash
    Quote Originally Posted by Nora_Charles View Post
    If it's any help, I have a friend (who's like a coffee guru) who has the Tassimo, and she swears by it, because she's into the cappucino/latte thing. Me, not so much, so I'm thinking the Keurig is better for me.
    I have a Tassimo and am also not really into cappucino and lattes. I just buy Kenco Colombian Blend and Twinings English Breakfast Tea for it now. I dont take milk so just add a dash of cold water when the cup is done and Im happy. I love mine!

Barbk, when you say travel size cups, do you mean the over sized ones? Yes, it would take that if you remove the spill/drainage part.
    Dont Hate! Gyrate!

vCash
    Quote Originally Posted by DubbalinGirl View Post

If you like flavored coffees, the only place I've found online where you don't have to buy a case of one flavor of K-Cups (really, who wants 24 of one flavor?) is bigcatcoffee.com. They let you mix flavors (5 flavors in a box of 25 K Cups). They ship same day, so I usually have my order the next day. I think it's certainly cheaper than getting coffee out, but not cheaper than brewing your own beans in terms of cost effectiveness.
    Thanks for mentioning this website! I love that you can pick your own flavors. I just placed an order. I got my Keurig last Christmas season from QVC and love it. I got the cinnamon colored one that was at the time only offered by QVC...looks great in my kitchen and can brew 4 different sizes.

vCash
    Quote Originally Posted by skamper23 View Post
    Thanks for mentioning this website! I love that you can pick your own flavors. I just placed an order. I got my Keurig last Christmas season from QVC and love it. I got the cinnamon colored one that was at the time only offered by QVC...looks great in my kitchen and can brew 4 different sizes.
    Yes, I hunted high and low and this was the only site that let me mix a box of a variety of K-Cups. I can't commit to 25 of anything, let alone K-Cups! So buying a case for me is out. Enjoy, they ship very fast, if you're on the east coast you'll have it in a day or two!

vCash
    I've got the cinnamon one too. Looks awesome in the kitchen and matches my KitchenAide mixer.

Coworker mentioned this morning that 'coffeecow.com' is a good place to buy from. I also found an awesome deal at Macy's a few weeks ago for K-cups - if you combine a sale and their % off coupons, you can do very well.

vCash
    So if everyone who asks for a Keurig from Santa gets one, can we do a trade of k-cups? I'm not a coffee drinker really, but I'd love to trade to try some of the teas and chocolate....

I asked for one from Santa, and since I haven't given Santa any other clues for Christmas, I'm pretty sure I'm getting one.

vCash
    I have a $50 Target gift card. Suffice it to say I'm tempted now!

I do wish I could make lattes and cappuccino though, hmm. But as a single person it'd be perfect. I have a mini coffee maker and half the time the carafe and cup need washing and I make more than I drink.

vCash
    Quote Originally Posted by Christina View Post
    So if everyone who asks for a Keurig from Santa gets one, can we do a trade of k-cups? I'm not a coffee drinker really, but I'd love to trade to try some of the teas and chocolate....

I asked for one from Santa, and since I haven't given Santa any other clues for Christmas, I'm pretty sure I'm getting one.
    I like that idea!!

vCash
    Quote Originally Posted by SHARPIE View Post
    I have a Tassimo and am also not really into cappucino and lattes. I just buy Kenco Colombian Blend and Twinings English Breakfast Tea for it now. I dont take milk so just add a dash of cold water when the cup is done and Im happy. I love mine!

Barbk, when you say travel size cups, do you mean the over sized ones? Yes, it would take that if you remove the spill/drainage part.
    Thanks, Sharpie. I hope D likes it..

At our house we use the very, very old-fashioned 1 cup non-automated drip filters. Buy whatever coffee you like, pop in a filter, add ground coffee and pour in the boiling water. Always fresh, really cheap, no waste. And for my tea I just pop a Darjeeling bag into the cup and add boiling water. We are pretty simple around here.

Saint Smugpawski
    Cutting Down Privet Because Food Prices Are Going Up Next Year
    vCash
    OK, I bought one. I was on the fence about it because they're kind of pricey BUT.....I'm a hardcore coffee drinker. So I chose to get one for myself as a combo birthday/Christmas gift. It's not like I won't use it and I don't have frivolous kitchen gadgets. Like a Kitchen Aid stand mixer that I'd never use.

I got the same QVC package as dbell's (but in blue). It comes with a My K-Cup, which is essential for me because I figure it would probably be more cost effective for me in the long run to use my own beans. The K-Cups are nice as an addition to my coffee diet, but as for my meat-n-potatoes coffee I should probably stick with grinding my own beans because it will be cheaper. I'm not a coffee snob so I buy 8 O'Clock whole bean bags from the supermarket.

I am enjoying the machine. It's quite a bit of adjustment for me in the coffee making ritual because my apartment doesn't have the happy smell of fresh brew and there's no anticipation while I wait for the pot to slowly fill. So it's a different experience for me, but I still have my automatic drip on hand for those times I long for the good ole days and I'd like to slow brew a pot rather than a quick cup.

The QVC deal came with 48 K-Cups. A box of hot chocolate, a box of apple cider, a box of Tully's Bold, and a box of mishmash. From the mishmash I have really taken to Emeril's Big Easy Bold. I was very, very surprised at how much I enjoyed this coffee. I am entitled to 48 more K-cups, so one of those boxes is going to be Big Easy Bold for sure.

I also ordered from Big Cat Coffees, as was recommended in this thread, and I got a mix-n-match package. From that batch I am enjoying Coffee People's Wake Up Call and Wolfgang Puck's Vienna Coffee House. I guess I'm just a fan of the stronger potions. The Wake Up Call is a nice "first cup of the day" concoction and it packs just the right punch without hurting my empty tummy.

It's been fun using this machine. I really enjoy having a variety of coffees to choose from, it's like having different pieces of jewelry or different perfumes that you can change up to suit your mood. QVC only has the blue machine in stock, but it works for me because I have a very colorful kitchen.
    The fastest thing out of New Jersey since Tricky Nicky in a Muscovian handbasket

vCash
    Hubby just bought me the Keurig B70 from Costco. It came with 60 cups AND the k kup adapter. We just brewed the Hazelnut and YUMMY!!!!

Diagonally parked in a parallel universe.
    vCash
    Quote Originally Posted by Southpaw View Post
    ... I have really taken to Emeril's Big Easy Bold. I was very, very surprised at how much I enjoyed this coffee. I am entitled to 48 more K-cups, so one of those boxes is going to be Big Easy Bold for sure. ...
    I bought a box of that one on sale at Target when I was down in the US a few weeks ago. Not my all-time favourite, but probably in the top 5 of the ones I've tried. If you like the bold ones, my favourites are the Green Mountain "Dark Magic," and the Timothy's "Extra Bold Midnight Magic." Mmmm!

Saint Smugpawski
    vCash
    Quote Originally Posted by Artemis@BC View Post
    I bought a box of that one on sale at Target when I was down in the US a few weeks ago. Not my all-time favourite, but probably in the top 5 of the ones I've tried. If you like the bold ones, my favourites are the Green Mountain "Dark Magic," and the Timothy's "Extra Bold Midnight Magic." Mmmm!
    I'll give them a shot!

I finally brewed a cup using my regular 8 O'Clock Colombian beans, which is the true comparison against my regular coffee maker, and I have to say the Keurig does a nice job with those meat-n-potato beans.

And the hot chocolate is starting to grow on me.
    The fastest thing out of New Jersey since Tricky Nicky in a Muscovian handbasket

vCash
    Southpaw, If you're a fan of dark roast, you might also like Newman's Special Blend.

vCash
    southpaw! I think the blue is a spectacular color and I'm thrilled you're enjoying it. I'm addicted to Fair Trade Columbian, but we just got some Timothy's Irish Creme the other day that's pretty nice too.

I wound up buying a wicker basket with a lid to store the coffees in, but they make all kinds of fancy carousels for these things now.

Anyone ordering or getting this: Don't forget to find that card inside the box with the warranty - you get free coffee that way. Amazon normally runs a sale on the k-cups on Fridays too...

vCash
    Quote Originally Posted by dbell1 View Post
    Amazon normally runs a sale on the k-cups on Fridays too...
    woohoo, thanks for that tip! I also noticed that BedBath&Beyond sells k-cups and they're pretty good with sending/emailing 20% off coupons so I'm going to check that out and price it.

Saint Smugpawski
    vCash
    Quote Originally Posted by pilgrimsoul View Post
    Southpaw, If you're a fan of dark roast, you might also like Newman's Special Blend.
    Cool, I have one of those in my mumbo jumbo box, but I haven't tried it yet.

vCash
    I caved and got a black Mini partly with my Target card.

So far so good, I love being able to make a cup anytime without cleaning - so easy! I do have to use large mugs though because even with 6-8oz, I add a lot of milk. I thought I could get away without having to warm the milk since the coffee does come out pretty hot, but it just wasn't enough. Now that I've figured it out my last two cups (Coffee People Donut Shop and Caribou Daybreak Morning Blend) came out great. Looking forward to trying more, but I'm happy already!

Page 3 of 7 FirstFirst 12345 ... LastLast