View Poll Results: Who will make Jr Worlds team?

Voters
73. You may not vote on this poll
  • Christina Gao

65 89.04%
  • Agnes Zawadzki

45 61.64%
  • Yasmin Siraj

51 69.86%
  • Kristiene Gong

2 2.74%
  • Kiri Baga

4 5.48%
  • Vanessa Lam

30 41.10%
  • Samantha Cesario

1 1.37%
  • Courtney Hicks

3 4.11%
  • Lauren Dinh

1 1.37%
  • Amanda Dobbs

5 6.85%
  • Katarina Kulgeyko

1 1.37%
  • Nina Jiang

1 1.37%
Multiple Choice Poll.
Page 1 of 2 12 LastLast

vCash

US Junior Worlds Ladies Team Poll

Who will make the team? So many options! Multiple choice allowed, obv. as there's 3 spots...

Alissa Fan Forever
    vCash
    Does the US Junior Champion automatically get a spot?

Recovering from the Olys
    vCash
    Quote Originally Posted by AliasJohnDoe View Post
    Does the US Junior Champion automatically get a spot?
    No.

U.S. Junior ladies champs or medalists that have been selected for Junior Worlds in recent years:
    Agnes Zawadzki (2010)
    Mirai Nagasu, Caroline Zhang, Ashley Wagner (2007)
    Kimmie Meissner & Katy Taylor (2004)

vCash
    Caroline Zhang! She's got the experience!

Recovering from the Olys
    vCash
    BTW, 2006 Junior champ Megan Hyatt went to 2006 Junior Worlds as the 1st alternate after Katy Taylor declined the assignment and decided to go only to Four Continents (she was initially assigned to both competitions).

I will be very interested to see whether or not 8 different U.S. ladies (and 9 different U.S. men) are assigned to 2011 Four Continents, Junior Worlds, and Worlds.

Let's see how Christina Gao, Yasmin Siraj and Kristiene Gong all fare at the Junior Grand Prix Final next week...
    Last edited by Sylvia; 12-02-2010 at 04:58 PM.

Title-less
    vCash
    I'm torn between 5 girls-Hicks (or whoever will win jr ladies), Lam, Siraj, Agnes Z (depending on whether she gets 4cc or worlds) and Gao (same here)

vCash
    Hopefull thinking, but I picked Gao, Hicks, and Kulgayko. I think Courtney will win the Jr. title this year unless she has a meltdown. She's made a huge progress this year, and I really want her to do well at the Nationals, and then to be assigned to Jr. Worlds.

vCash
    It wouldn't surprise me if Agnes gets the nod to go to JW, knowing the USFS, but I'd rather see her at 4CC if she doesn't make the world team.

I picked Gao, Siraj and Lam.

vCash
    Zawadzki, Siraj, and Lam.

I'm assuming Gao goes to senior worlds and/or 4CC. If Agnes goes to Worlds and/or 4CC, then the next person to take her place would probably be Cesario, Baga if she's recovered from her injury by then, or Kulgeyko if she wins the junior title (which I totally think she can)/whoever does win the junior title. Usually the skaters sent to Junior Worlds skate at senior nationals, except for the junior champion if she put up an impressive score (Agnes last year). Siraj I think is on the team for sure so long as she skates decently well at nationals. The second spot will probably go to another senior lady, and the third the junior champion.

I wouldn't be surprised if USFSA assigns Gao and Zawadzki to 4CC even if neither makes the World team, I guess they could do 4CC and Jr. Worlds, but if the USFSA wants to spread the wealth, then the World Team, 4CC Team, and Junior Worlds team could all be comprised of different skaters. I could forsee this happening if the results are close at nationals. For example if the results were say:

1.) Nagasu
    2.) Flatt
    3.) Wagner
    4.) Gao
    5.) Zawadzki
    6.) Czisny
    7.) Siraj
    8.) Lam
    9.) Dobbs
    10.) Cesario

Then I could see the USFSA sending Nagasu and Flatt to Worlds, Wagner, Gao, and Zawadzki to 4CC, and Siraj, Lam, and either Dobbs or the junior ladies Champion (say Kulgyeko) to Junior Worlds.
    Last edited by pinky166; 12-02-2010 at 06:37 PM.

vCash
    Quote Originally Posted by Sylvia View Post
    I will be very interested to see whether or not 8 different U.S. ladies (and 9 different U.S. men) are assigned to 2011 Four Continents, Junior Worlds, and Worlds.
    I hope so! I would love to see 8 different ladies get the chance to compete for ISU championship ranking points.

vCash
    Quote Originally Posted by Squibble View Post
    Caroline Zhang! She's got the experience!
    Cold and cruel.........
    Happy Skating!

Crzesk8dad

vCash
    Quote Originally Posted by crzesk8dad View Post
    Cold and cruel.........
    Well judging by how she's been skating recently, I feel like she'd be pretty happy if she were assigned to junior worlds. I mean, the USFSA DID assign Ashley to junior worlds last season and she was older than Caroline is now.

vCash
    Quote Originally Posted by pinky166 View Post
    Well judging by how she's been skating recently, I feel like she'd be pretty happy if she were assigned to junior worlds. I mean, the USFSA DID assign Ashley to junior worlds last season and she was older than Caroline is now.
    That's because Ashley had already taken herself out of consideration for 4CC before Nationals. The USFS originally assigned her to Jr. Worlds so she would have a chance to earn ISU championship ranking points for 2009-10 if she wanted.

vCash
    3 girls make the junior world team.
    who, so many skaters, Gao, Agnes, Vanessa, Yasmin, Kiri, Kristen, Samantha -not to mention who skates junior level this year. those are senior choice let alone junior, but Gao, Agnes, has a good chance at making world team with Vanessa , Yasmin, Kiri, without side hopes.
    i can see Gao and Agnes both finishing in top 6 let out top 4

Helping Mirai choose between Italian dressing and vinaigrette.
    vCash
    Quote Originally Posted by crzesk8dad View Post
    Cold and cruel.........
    I actually laughed pretty hard. Oh Caroline, she has time.

vCash
    Quote Originally Posted by query5 View Post
    3 girls make the junior world team.
    who, so many skaters, Gao, Agnes, Vanessa, Yasmin, Kiri, Kristen, Samantha -not to mention who skates junior level this year. those are senior choice let alone junior, but Gao, Agnes, has a good chance at making world team with Vanessa , Yasmin, Kiri, without side hopes.
    i can see Gao and Agnes both finishing in top 6 let out top 4
    I agree about Gao and Zawadzki being capable of doing well at senior worlds, and I think there is a good shot one of them will go to senior worlds, but I kind of doubt the USFSA would send them both to senior world considering we only have 2 ladies spots this year. Of course it could happen, but I tend to think at least one of Nagasu, Flatt, Wagner, or Czisny would accompany one of the youngsters at Worlds, unless of course Christina and Agnes both skate lights out and those I mentioned above skate really poorly in comparison, because then Christina and Agnes probably would both be sent to Worlds.

vCash
    I said Gao, Siraj, and Lam.

Gao for jumps, Lam for spins, and Siraj for PCS. I dont really enjoy watching Sawadzki but morese than Flatt. and I'll say Caroline Zhang for alternate (she is young enough)

Gao is like a no duh for the juniors she can compete with the russian juniors but she isnt the key to three spots to worlds as of now. I see so much potential in Siraj especially as an artistic skater, like a Czisny with not as pretty spins/spirals but stronger jumps. Lam has spins that blow my mind. They arent like Czisny quality but the centering is great, but her jumps are so tiny. Along with Gao, Siraj and Lam are going to do well as seniors and they're going to need the experience.

Hate me if you want about that Zawadzki part. i do like her music though. I'm predicting two years of positive improvement for Zhang. To keep her ranking up i think USFS can send her to jr worlds as the alternate.

send Dobbs, Zawadzki, and Wagner to 4CC. Dobbs has yet to shine. Wagner gets her points too. Plus, Wagner can prove that she can be part of the world team next year (she hasnt really proven herself here).

and then worlds i would have to pick nagasu for sure, and then chose flatt or czisny depending on how they do at gpf and nationals

vCash
    I didn't vote for her, but Courtney Hicks could definitely be a factor, especially if she continues to perfect her 3F+3T. She scored just under 100 points for her FS at Coasts.

Helping Mirai choose between Italian dressing and vinaigrette.
    vCash
    Quote Originally Posted by icellist View Post
    send Dobbs, Zawadzki, and Wagner to 4CC. Dobbs has yet to shine. Wagner gets her points too. Plus, Wagner can prove that she can be part of the world team next year (she hasnt really proven herself here).

and then worlds i would have to pick nagasu for sure, and then chose flatt or czisny depending on how they do at gpf and nationals
    I really hope USFSA puts the top 3 ladies from Nationals on the 4CC team (and they accept of course). I am sure the top skaters from Japan will there, our top skaters should be there too. Good practice for worlds.

vCash
    Cesario is on the upswing, so I feel like she has a decent shot at Junior Worlds, especially if Gao and/or Zawadzki are sent to senior worlds and/or 4CC instead.

Page 1 of 2 12 LastLast