Wimbledon- Henin
    U.S Open- Clijsters or Wozniacki

Men:

Australian Open- Federer
    French Open- Nadal
    Wimbledon- Nadal
    U.S Open- Federer

vCash
    All reasonable, except for Henin and Wimbledon. Ain't never gonna happen.

Put in "a Williams" in place of Henin there at Wimbly, add "or Henin" and "or Murray or Monfils" to the US Open slots ... and I'm on board.

Whither Jelena?

vCash
    Quote Originally Posted by Beefcake View Post
    Whither Jelena?
    She's going to win them all! Even Wimbledon, where she'll beat Venus, Serena and Justine all in a row. With a broken leg, her period, a cold and too much light reflecting off her body glitter.

vCash
    My pick for Henin to win Wimbledon was not based on wishful thinking (I cant stand Henin in fact) but on just the situation I see at the moment. First off I think Henin will regain some semblance of her old form in 2011, it might be gradual but she will be alot better than 2010, and even in 2010 she came close to winning a slam in Australia and was picked as favorite to win the French even though she didnt.

As for Wimbledon while that has been the Williams domain for awhile I dont see that continuing at this point. Venus will be 31 by then, I dont see her ever winning another slam. Even at this years Wimbledon she was crashed out by Pironkova. And U.S Open was her last great chance to win a slam and she couldnt even beat an "off" Clijsters. Serena's foot injury appears to be more serious than expected, she hasnt played since an exo after Wimbledon, and she is now announcing her withdrawal from a slam 2 months before! Who knows if she will return to slam winning form at all next year, or if her career is even in jeopardy at this point (or atleast returning 100% physically without a nagging problem that will hinder her). In short I am not sure of either Williams winning Wimbledon, and beyond that I dont see who would stop Henin in form. Clijsters only beat her this year sinces he injured herself during the match, I cant see Kim beating a good Justine on grass at all, nor Wozniacki or Stosur whose game is not a grass court one at all, nor any of the Russians or Ovas or Vics.

vCash
    How is Henin's recovery from her injury progressing? Any updates?

vCash
    Quote Originally Posted by Rottie View Post
    How is Henin's recovery from her injury progressing? Any updates?
    She seems to be enjoying herself

vCash
    The older you become the more difficult it is to win....unless your name is Andre Agassi and you have lots of HGH running thru your veins.....

Seriously, I don't see Henin as a contender either next year. She's getting older and her body is breaking down.

The Australian Open will be for the taking come January but I would bet on an upstart winning it before a tested old veteran.

vCash
    I think the Slams will be split among Clijsters, Henin, Wozniacki, and possibly Serena. There might be some spoilers as well.

For the men, I think, barring injury, Nadal will win most of the Slams. Will Federer win one? Possibly, possibly not. Djokovic and Murray have a shot as well.

Quote Originally Posted by judgejudy27 View Post
    As for Wimbledon while that has been the Williams domain for awhile I dont see that continuing at this point.
    I hope you're right--it gets so boring when the same folks win the same Slams year after year.

Venus will be 31 by then, I dont see her ever winning another slam.
    Perhaps not, but with all her talent, it's always a possibility (except for the French, of course ). The Williamses seem to somehow get their acts together at the Slams.

Who knows if she will return to slam winning form at all next year, or if her career is even in jeopardy at this point (or at least returning 100% physically without a nagging problem that will hinder her).
    Yeah, that's the big question.

I cant see Kim beating a good Justine on grass at all, nor Wozniacki or Stosur whose game is not a grass court one at all, nor any of the Russians or Ovas or Vics.
    Or Viks, including your favorite. I think Sharapova has a shot if she continues to improve. Here's a question--what is it specifically about Clijsters' and Henin's games that helps/hinders them on grass?

vCash
    Kim plays a straightforward simplistic baseline game based on a great combination of power, placement, consistency, and mobility and overall defense. She does have a true all court attack complete with volleys and willingess to move forward much (except to hit a shorter groundstroke), does not like to improvise much, does not use a slice backhand much, her serve is not a dominant shot, and her movement on grass while still great is not as strong as hard courts or even clay. Henin's serve and return of serve were never the best in the game, even back at her best, and one of things grass is about is about first strike tennis. That is why neither are as formidable on grass.

vCash
    OK, thanks for the analysis.

She does have a true all court attack complete with volleys and willingess to move forward much
    I guess you mean does not?

Henin's serve and return of serve were never the best in the game, even back at her best, and one of things grass is about is about first strike tennis. That is why neither are as formidable on grass.
    Oh, that's right--shorter points. What makes Henin's game superior to Clijsters' on grass?

vCash
    Henin is better than Kim on grass if she is playing well since while her serve is not as great as the Williams it is better than Kim's serve which is good and solid but not much of a weapon. That is when Henin is serving well, her serve last year was awful. And Henin has much better volleys and more all court game than Clijsters, and has a better slice and is better at improvising.

vCash
    Au: Nadal
    French: Nadal
    Wimbledon: Nadal
    US: Nadal
    Did I tell you that i was a Nadal fan, I think he is much better player in grandslams.

AU: Stousur (she has better chance at french)
    French: Safina (for feck sake win it girl) or Jelena Jakovic - highly delusional
    wimbledon: Maria Sharapova
    US: Clijsters

vCash
    If Safina wins a Grand Slam next year I will eat my chair, and show a video of myself doing it too.

vCash
    If Safina wins a Grand Slam next year I will eat my chair, and show a video of myself doing it too.

vCash
    And to aptly mark that occasion, I would wear this t-shirt around the office for a full day.