Page 1 of 4 123 ... LastLast
    Title-less
    vCash

Cheltzie Lee sparkles in her role as an alternate

Lee sparkles in her role as an alternate
    http://www.goldenskate.com/articles/2009/061310.shtml

vCash
    thanks for posting, she's a very talented and amiable young woman.

JEWELS.
    vCash
    Thanks for sharing this great article about Cheltzie!

Last season, Lee worked with Catarina Lindgren in Colorado Springs on her short program choreography. This season, however, Lee has confirmed rumors that she may be working with 1980 Olympic Champion Robin Cousins on choreography.

"My programs for next season are still in the planning phase," Lee confessed. "It should all come together in the next couple of months. At the moment we're starting to plan for the season. Nothing confirmed. It's a long process with many people involved; meetings will start (soon), but you can expect to see me competing internationally throughout the year."

vCash
    Nice article. Thanks for posting!

Love that she was given the "choice" to do Olympics or Junior Worlds. Hmmm, tough one.

vCash
    Thanks for posting this. I really like Cheltzie and can't wait to see her next season.

Recovering from the Olys
    vCash
    Copied over from the Grand Prix thread :

Quote Originally Posted by isk8junkie View Post
    It would be GREAT if Cheltzie got a Grand Prix! The skating fans have been very supportive and welcoming of young Cheltzie on the circuit. She's improved the image of Australian international skaters I think. Cheltzie's done a great job skating on ice only 10hrs a week.

NOW the real test will be for Australia to support and develop her to her true potential!! A start would be to skate more and get those other jumps more consistent! Her camp has been pretty quiet!

I hope she does get a Grand Prix!
    Quote Originally Posted by Hedwig View Post
    why is she only skating 10 hrs a week? Is there no more ice in Australia?
    Last season she was always in a nook with a book in hand studying. I do know she's a top student. Quite often I have asked this of her mother and was told that distance and the demands of school limits her time on ice. CAnterbury rink where Cheltzie trains probably have more ice available than any other rink in Sydney but none of the rinks have figure sessions all day. The rinks are open for school sport and public sessions also. So different here as we don't have 45 mins sessions running all day. So she is quite limited. She seems to improve leaps and bounds going away to train.

Quadless
    vCash
    She sounds like a very mature and intelligent young lady, and I hope she's able to get more training time in so that she can fully realize her potential, which seems to be significant. She just has that *it* factor on the ice.
    "I miss footwork that has any kind of a discernible pattern. The goal of a step sequence should not be for a skater to show the same ice coverage as a Zamboni and take about as much time as an ice resurface. " ~ Zemgirl, reflecting on a pre-IJS straight line sequence

vCash
    She is so adorable and was one of the highlights of the Olympics! Looking forward to seeing what she's able to do this upcoming season. She does have some US roots; perhaps she can snag a Skate America spot?

ETA: Oh, I see they already assigned Skate America spots... never mind.
    Last edited by Cheylana; 06-15-2010 at 04:47 PM.
    "Marge, if you're going to get mad at me every time I do something stupid, then I guess I'm just going to have to stop doing stupid things!" - Homer Simpson in the Mr. Plow episode

Banned Member
    vCash
    Quote Originally Posted by HisWeirness View Post
    Thanks for sharing this great article about Cheltzie!
    Catarina Lingrend...Tom Dickson's wife!
    Without fear you cannot find courage

vCash
    For more information about Cheltzie, click here to check out her official website.

Watch me move
    vCash
    Quote Originally Posted by BittyBug View Post
    She sounds like a very mature and intelligent young lady, and I hope she's able to get more training time in so that she can fully realize her potential, which seems to be significant. She just has that *it* factor on the ice.
    Agreed. She was outstanding at the Olympics even though she was in one of the groups of lower-ranked competitors.
    Who wants to watch rich people eat pizza? They must have loved that in Bangladesh. - Randy Newman on the 2014 Oscars broadcast

vCash
    I hope Cheltzie get a GP assignment! She was so exciting at the Olympics and I really enjoyed watching her!

vCash
    Cheltzie spent her weekend at the Canterbury rink during Hollins Trophy. I think she was learning Technical Panel stuff. Which is good to see.
    When you are up to your arse in alligators it is difficult to remember you were only meant to be draining the swamp.

vCash
    Quite often she volunteers at competitions for data entry or video cutting. Cheltzie seems to give back to the sport as much as she can. I know my girls and I absolutely adore her. She has all the time in the world for her fellow skaters!

Dashing Between Bennetton and Krispy Kreme
    vCash
    I wonder if she'll start including the more difficult triples this season. She can certainly do the lutz, loop and flip in practice.

vCash
    Quite often she volunteers at competitions for data entry or video cutting. Cheltzie seems to give back to the sport as much as she can. I know my girls and I absolutely adore her. She has all the time in the world for her fellow skaters!
    That must be what she was doing. Good to hear.
    When you are up to your arse in alligators it is difficult to remember you were only meant to be draining the swamp.

vCash
    essence_of_soy wrote:
    I wonder if she'll start including the more difficult triples this season. She can certainly do the lutz, loop and flip in practice.
    This is true but she also has this amazingly HUGE 3toe 3toe combo, picture perfect when she does it. She's got great technique with a personality to match. I haven't seen her on the ice much in preparation for the season though.

Cheltzie seems to come back from the USA doing some pretty amazing stuff, I just don't get why we don't see it in competition. No doubt she's an amazing talent but it's time to see some of those tricks in competition!!

I hope she has a GREAT season!

Dashing Between Bennetton and Krispy Kreme
    vCash

This is true but she also has this amazingly HUGE 3toe 3toe combo, picture perfect when she does it. She's got great technique with a personality to match. I haven't seen her on the ice much in preparation for the season though.

Cheltzie seems to come back from the USA doing some pretty amazing stuff, I just don't get why we don't see it in competition. No doubt she's an amazing talent but it's time to see some of those tricks in competition!!

I hope she has a GREAT season!
    That's good she has those tricks in her reportoire. But Cheltzie is going to have to step it up if she hopes to compete against the new generation of Russian, Japanese and U.S. ladies on the scene. The salchow and the toe loop won't be enough.

vCash
    Last season she was brand new on the senior scene and probably just wanted to skate cleanish at the Olympics and Worlds and make a mark, which she did for the most part.

Starting this coming season she can't do 3 2axels anymore so unless she eases one of her 2axels into a lower double jump she will be forced to try at least one upper tier triple.

If she really has all the basic triples, then perhaps this isn't too ambitious?

3lutz2toe
    3flip
    3loop
    3toe
    3sal2toe2toe
    3sal
    2axel - 2axel

vCash
    Quote Originally Posted by Aussie Willy View Post
    Cheltzie spent her weekend at the Canterbury rink during Hollins Trophy. I think she was learning Technical Panel stuff. Which is good to see.
    You should tell her she has so many fans here on FSU.

Doing the jumps in practice is one thing, competition another.

As Marco said, I imagine she wanted to skate clean in her first senior season and she pretty much succeeded in doing that.

Hopefully as she gets more comfortable with the harder jumps and combination and once their success rate becomes really high, she is going to start to include them in her programs.

Page 1 of 4 123 ... LastLast