Page 3 of 7 FirstFirst 12345 ... LastLast
    Saint Smugpawski
    Cutting Down Privet Because Food Prices Are Going Up Next Year
    vCash
    Quote Originally Posted by Ziggy View Post
    But compared to US, Ukraine is a very poor country and the money you earn there will be nothing like she would in the States.

In the US, she wouldn't need to be super successful to make a decent living. Some parents and adult skaters would surely come to train with somebody who is an Olympic Champion.
    But she was living in New Jersey, so all things considered maybe it's just more advantageous to her to live in Ukraine. Maybe she didn't like living in New Jersey anymore because it's too stressful and our taxes suck and our rent is too high and car insurance is too expensive and she wanted to move away and Ukraine was the natural choice because she's comfortable there and has ties. Ziggy, where would you rather live, New Jersey or Poland? (London not being an option in this poll)

People in Jersey are hurting. I haven't talked to any coaches to find out how our economic situation is affecting their business, but I can't imagine skating coaches are making quite a killing these days.

Wasn't there mention recently that she's enrolled in college in Ukraine? She wouldn't be going to college for cheap in New Jersey, that's for sure.

She looks healthy in those photos so it seems to have been a good choice for her.
    The fastest thing out of New Jersey since Tricky Nicky in a Muscovian handbasket

vCash
    Quote Originally Posted by Southpaw View Post
    She wouldn't be going to college for cheap in New Jersey, that's for sure.
    Actually, yes she could. New Jersey, like most states in the U.S., has state institutions that have significantly reduced tuitions for state residents.

vCash
    Quote Originally Posted by pixie cut View Post
    Actually, yes she could. New Jersey, like most states in the U.S., has state institutions that have significantly reduced tuitions for state residents.
    Reduced, yes, quite a lot. Cheap? I guess that depends whether or not you consider $12,500/year "cheap".

vCash
    This is her christmas 2010 christmas card

Oksana generously lent her time to promote my HIV AIDS benefit on March 27, 2010 in Central Park, NYC http://www.onestepclosernyc.org/2010_photos__videos

vCash
    Quote Originally Posted by TDsk8 View Post
    This is her christmas 2010 christmas card

Oksana generously lent her time to promote my HIV AIDS benefit on March 27, 2010 in Central Park, NYC http://www.onestepclosernyc.org/2010_photos__videos
    I understand she also made quite a scene at the benefit by starting her program and then refusing to skate.

vCash
    Holy Carumba!

Port de bras!!!
    vCash
    "Nature is a damp, inconvenient sort of place where birds and animals wander about uncooked."

from Speedy Death

vCash
    She seems to be in the NYC area or was for Weir's book launch party last week (I doubt she'd come from the Ukraine just for that). She's in the pictures that were posted by Icenetwork.

Top Secret FSU Witness Protection Location
    vCash
    Quote Originally Posted by pixie cut View Post
    I understand she also made quite a scene at the benefit by starting her program and then refusing to skate.
    Oh, what happened there?
    -Brian
    "Michelle would never be caught with sausage grease staining her Vera Wang." - rfisher

vCash
    She's not living in Ukraine ~ she lives in (was already) NJ and did come to Johnny's party

“It is far more important to have a good judge than a possible conflict of interest." - Ottavio Cinquanta
    vCash
    She must be attending the Mariah Carey School of Expression.

vCash
    Quote Originally Posted by leafygreens View Post
    She must be attending the Mariah Carey School of Expression.
    Or the Mariah Carey School of Photoshop.

vCash
    Thanks for the updates on Oksana. I miss her! It's so good to see her looking happy and healthy.

vCash
    That dog either looks terrified, embarrassed, or both in that Holiday card.

Who and why is she saluting?

Isn't she supposed to be Jewish these days, and how does the Santa hat fit into all that?

Imagine the start people get when they open the envelope and have that grinning manically back at them.

vCash

Someone feeling irritable today?

Quote Originally Posted by leesaleesa View Post
    That dog either looks terrified, embarrassed, or both in that Holiday card.

Who and why is she saluting?

Isn't she supposed to be Jewish these days, and how does the Santa hat fit into all that?

Imagine the start people get when they open the envelope and have that grinning manically back at them.
    The dog looks like a dog, if you're seeing terror in it's face you're imagining things. And a creature that sniffs each other's behind is incapable of feeling embarassed.

Why is she saluting? Maybe it was the photographer's suggestion. Cute pose in my view but, to each their own.

Oksana never formally converted to Judaism, it's that she found out about having Jewish ancestry, and is embracing that side of her people.

As to her grin, she always had that devilish grin, part of her personality. I know my Aunt in Manitoba will like this as a greetings card.

vCash
    Quote Originally Posted by Jot the Dot Dot View Post
    Oksana never formally converted to Judaism, it's that she found out about having Jewish ancestry, and is embracing that side of her people.
    She didn't need to convert to Judaism. She is Jewish because her mother and her mother's mother were both Jewish.

It doesn't seem she ever embraced practicing the faith. When you're raised one way and then find out something else about yourself it's very difficult to change such a deep thing as faith. Former U.S. Secretary of State Madeleine Albright has spoken about that. Of course, she was middle aged when she found out she was actually Jewish after having been raised Catholic and then becoming Episcopal after marriage.

vCash
    Quote Originally Posted by Jot the Dot Dot View Post
    The dog looks like a dog, if you're seeing terror in it's face you're imagining things. And a creature that sniffs each other's behind is incapable of feeling embarassed.

Why is she saluting? Maybe it was the photographer's suggestion. Cute pose in my view but, to each their own.

As to her grin, she always had that devilish grin, part of her personality. I know my Aunt in Manitoba will like this as a greetings card.
    Rhetorical questions, but thanks for the answers. The dog is clearly terrified and embarrassed as it should be, and that grin isn't devilish, it's maniacal. I'm truly glad you and your Aunt in Manitoba enjoy it and all, but I find it to be hideous.

vCash
    It's still my dream that she does "Dancing with the Stars" and partners with Maks...

vCash
    Quote Originally Posted by ross_hy View Post
    It's still my dream that she does "Dancing with the Stars" and partners with Maks...
    Morry Stillwell

vCash
    Quote Originally Posted by ross_hy View Post
    I have no interest in watching such a freak show. That would be something that would actually make me turn the show off.

Page 3 of 7 FirstFirst 12345 ... LastLast