Page 2 of 7 FirstFirst 1234 ... LastLast

vCash
    She looks beautiful - gorgeous hair & makeup fab dress in the red carpet picture.

Helping Mirai choose between Italian dressing and vinaigrette.
    vCash
    Such great photos. Thanks all. Her smile will always light up a room.

vCash
    Quote Originally Posted by leafygreens View Post
    Here's a video of her skating in upstate NY early this year:

http://www.youtube.com/watch?v=ugs3YSzuiXQ

Thank you soooooo much for posting this! Ahhhhh, Oksana! She's still magical. I wish so mcuh that she could do a Disson show or two; doing pretty programs like this, of course!

Thank you, too, divan, for your link! Love her pink dress!

-Bridget

vCash
    Thanks for the pics.

I think she looks a bit old especially on the first picture. Maybe it's her make up and her hairdo, more like someone in her 40s would do. Otherwise in other pictures she looks good, much better than a few years ago !

vCash
    I think she looks better than she has in a long time! Someone just needs to confiscate her eyebrow tweezers. . .

vCash
    Is she still married or did they divorce [can't remember his name] & marry someone else?

Some place competitive and athletic, but ultimately more like an audition than anything else.
    vCash
    Thank you. I am happy everything looks better.

vCash
    Quote Originally Posted by Octoberopals View Post
    Is she still married or did they divorce [can't remember his name] & marry someone else?
    Oksana was engaged to clothing entrepreneur Gene Sunik for some years, that ended, then another engagement, broke up. As for today, dunno.

Top Secret FSU Witness Protection Location
    vCash
    I think the remarks about her being drunk and/or on drugs are really not funny.

She looks amazing in the pics.
    -Brian
    "Michelle would never be caught with sausage grease staining her Vera Wang." - rfisher

Port de bras!!!
    vCash
    I, too am very happy to see her looking well and tiffed (love the black dress with the buckle) although I agree about over-tweezing. Overall, she looks great and seems to be enjoying teaching kids.
    "Nature is a damp, inconvenient sort of place where birds and animals wander about uncooked."

from Speedy Death

vCash
    Quote Originally Posted by Coco View Post
    Thanks for posting that! I love her hair color.

The Nutcracker on Ice that she and Viktor Petrenko did was on over the US Holiday weekend. Watching baby Oksana got me a bit sentimental, thinking of what might have been.
    Oksana's version of The Nutcracker on Ice is my all time fave. To me she looked like the quintessential Clara. I watch it every year around Christmas time. She was my favorite skater back in her day and I was saddened at the turn her life took.

I think 2010 Oksana looks much improved (thank God) compared to her 2007 self.

Quote Originally Posted by BigB08822 View Post
    I think the remarks about her being drunk and/or on drugs are really not funny.

She looks amazing in the pics.
    I think such remarks are cruel-not funny in the least imo.

I agree-she looks amazing in the pics (thanks to all who posted them!).

Some of my all time favorite programs were by Oksana (both competitive and exhibition skates). I wish her all my best.
    Last edited by Sasha'sSpins; 12-05-2010 at 07:34 AM.

vCash
    Great to see she's in a much happier place now.

She looks much much better.

I am very surprised she's back in Ukraine and opening a skating school there.

I imagine she'd easily make money in the US by working as a coach there.

vCash
    Quote Originally Posted by Ziggy View Post
    Great to see she's in a much happier place now.

She looks much much better.

I am very surprised she's back in Ukraine and opening a skating school there.

I would expect she's a much bigger name in the Ukraine than she is in the States and as such has a lot more financial opportunities. In the States she would be a little remembered fish in a very big pond, in the Ukraine I would assume she's a big fish in a...well you know.

vCash
    It looks like being home in Ukraine really agrees with Oksana. Great to see her with the young skaters and looking so happy. I'm so glad that I started this thread and thanks to all who brought us up to date with positive news about her.

vCash
    Thanks for posting those photos. She looks really happy and healthy. So nice to see. And good on her for getting a skating school going.
    When you are up to your arse in alligators it is difficult to remember you were only meant to be draining the swamp.

vCash
    Quote Originally Posted by Ziggy View Post
    But maybe decisions are not only about money potential, Oksana may just want to be home again since she is ukrainian. Just a thoughts.

vCash
    Great to see her doing well again!
    Last edited by Finnice; 12-08-2010 at 08:37 PM.

vCash
    Quote Originally Posted by orbitz View Post
    She looks like what most women look like sans make-up. She doesn't look bad.
    Yeah, you have a point. I guess I'm so used to seeing skaters in tons of make-up that when they don't have it on it just feels weird to me.

It seems that returning to her roots is being good for her, it probably doesn't require a lot of effort to feel beloved in her home country which is something I think she really needs. Hope she manages to keep it up.

vCash
    Quote Originally Posted by Maximillian View Post
    I would expect she's a much bigger name in the Ukraine than she is in the States and as such has a lot more financial opportunities. In the States she would be a little remembered fish in a very big pond, in the Ukraine I would assume she's a big fish in a...well you know.
    Obviously.

But compared to US, Ukraine is a very poor country and the money you earn there will be nothing like she would in the States.

In the US, she wouldn't need to be super successful to make a decent living. Some parents and adult skaters would surely come to train with somebody who is an Olympic Champion.

I guess the reason must be what Artifice said. Maybe she misses home or maybe - like the Siudeks - she's actually patriotic and really wants to develop Ukrainian skating.

If it's the latter even better because Ukrainian skating is in a really crap place now. The more help it can get, the better.

Page 2 of 7 FirstFirst 1234 ... LastLast