Page 5 of 20 FirstFirst ... 3456715 ... LastLast

vCash
    Quote Originally Posted by smarts1 View Post
    Does anyone else think it's a little odd that Cesario's goal at Nationals this year is to crack top 6? At least she's ambitious.
    Most skaters like to set lofty goals for themselves, so I don't think it's odd.

vCash
    Does anyone else think it's a little odd that Cesario's goal at Nationals this year is to crack top 6? At least she's ambitious.
    That's exactly the type of ambition I wish more skaters would make known. I think Mel Bulanhagui (sp?) also is reaching for that mark.

vCash
    Hey it might be possible...she is the Eastern champion. Last year Amanda Dobbs came out of nowhere! Samantha is a lovely skater and has the necessary jump content, but she needs to avoid downgrades and under-rotations to be in the hunt.

vCash
    Quote Originally Posted by RD View Post
    Thanks for the articles Sylvia.
    You're welcome! I like to find/read/watch local media coverage of figure skaters, and it's to be expected that the majority of these type of articles will focus on making the skater "look good" and be "extra positive."

vCash
    Quote Originally Posted by Sylvia View Post
    You're welcome! I like to find/read/watch local media coverage of figure skaters, and it's to be expected that the majority of these type of articles focus on making the skater "look good."
    I notice.

It's nice to get a perspective on someone other than the Big Five, too.

vCash
    I don't think it's such a far-fetched goal. She appears to be getting stronger as the season goes on, and can usually be counted on her land her jumps. If she can avoid downgrades like she did (for the most part) at Easterns, she could do very well.

vCash
    Strange things happen, and HAVE happened. Like Britney Rizo making the final LP group in 2009(I think that was the year).

vCash
    Top 7 are likely to be Siraj, Zawadzki, Gao, and you know the rest. But if Siraj has a repeat of JGPF and Flatt skates like GPF...or similar scenarios with some of the others......any of Cesario, Baga, Zhang, Dobbs, Lam, or a couple others could slip into the top 6. Not really so far fetched at all.

vCash
    I'd even argue that if Zawadki skates like she did in the GP, she won't be in the top 6/7.

vCash
    I'd even argue that if Zawadki skates like she did in the GP, she won't be in the top 6/7.
    Even with her poor GP free skate showings, Agnes is still a top 6 U.S. senior lady, IMO. She has the 3rd highest SP score (behind Czisny and Nagasu), and has been hovering around the high 90s for very poor free skates. With the inconsistency of the other U.S. ladies, I think her huge 3T+3T and positive GOEs will keep her among the top 5/6.

vCash
    Agreed. And don't forget Alissa, she could win the whole thing or bomb badly and be out of the top 6, her track record at nationals is not great. Baga has been injured most of the season so I don't really expect her to be top 6 - she and Zhang I think will likely be in the lower top 10. There's no reason why Sam can't be in the top 6, she has improved tremendously recently.

vCash
    Yeah, I have a good feeling about her actually. I hope she gets some more Senior Bs/JGPs. A SGP would be amazing, but unrealistic, unless she is in fact in the top 6.

vCash
    Well we'll need to see what happens at Nationals... Hoping for the best from everyone!

vCash
    Question about Yasmin Siraj - will she also skate in Sr. Nats.? She does have the potential to be in the final group heading into the LP if she is clean, and any of Flatt, Gao, or Czisny bomb

vCash
    Quote Originally Posted by olympic View Post
    Question about Yasmin Siraj - will she also skate in Sr. Nats.? She does have the potential to be in the final group heading into the LP if she is clean, and any of Flatt, Gao, or Czisny bomb
    Yeah she is competing at senior nationals this season, but isn't old enough for senior ISU championships until the 2012-2013 season because her birthday is in July. If she skates her SP like she did at the JGP in Sheffield, I think she could very easily be in the top 6 going into the FS, it's a fantastic program and when she skates well she usually gets high PCS.

Also, according to Cesario's icenetwork profile, her goal for this season is to be the US champion. So even more ambitious, but I like her skating and determination and that she isn't trying to hide behind this "I just want to skate my best" excuse so many skaters give these days. http://web.icenetwork.com/skaters/de...=100850&mode=I

vCash
    Quote Originally Posted by chipso1 View Post
    Even with her poor GP free skate showings, Agnes is still a top 6 U.S. senior lady, IMO. She has the 3rd highest SP score (behind Czisny and Nagasu), and has been hovering around the high 90s for very poor free skates. With the inconsistency of the other U.S. ladies, I think her huge 3T+3T and positive GOEs will keep her among the top 5/6.
    I think she will definitely be in the top 6 after the SP, but if she continues to melt down in the FS like she did in both her GP events, then I think she could easily fall out of the top 6 in the FS, and probably overall too, depending on how others skate. There are lots of strong ladies this year.

Nagasu
    Czisny
    Flatt
    Wagner
    Gao
    Zawadzki
    Siraj
    Lam
    Dobbs
    Cesario

I expect will make up the top 10, but you can't count out skaters like Zhang (Caroline and Felicia), Gilles, Bulanhagui, Baga, and probably some others too, so that's intense competition to make even the top 10, let alone the top 6.

vCash
    Quote Originally Posted by pinky166 View Post
    Agreed. And don't forget Alissa, she could win the whole thing or bomb badly and be out of the top 6, her track record at nationals is not great. Baga has been injured most of the season so I don't really expect her to be top 6 - she and Zhang I think will likely be in the lower top 10. There's no reason why Sam can't be in the top 6, she has improved tremendously recently.
    Actually, if Alissa follows her previous pattern, she will do well at Nationals.
    Previous track record:
    07-3rd
    08-9th
    09-1st
    10-10th
    So, she does poorly on the even years, and well on the odd years. well, next year's an odd year, so here's hoping she does well. I love her skating so much!

vCash
    Quote Originally Posted by luvsasha2 View Post
    Actually, if Alissa follows her previous pattern, she will do well at Nationals.
    Previous track record:
    07-3rd
    08-9th
    09-1st
    10-10th
    So, she does poorly on the even years, and well on the odd years. well, next years an odd year, so here's hoping she does well. I love her skating so much!
    Well you have a point but your data also just proves how all over the place her nationals results have been. But her 104 FS score for that mess of a program in Paris is encouraging that even if she bombs, she will likely be in the top 6.

vCash
    DON'T BE SHOCKED, people, if she is given some padding, especially if she does really well in the SP and has a TEB-type FS. I don't think a score approaching 70 is out of the question for an ABSOLUTELY clean Czisny SP performance.

vCash
    DON'T BE SHOCKED, people, if she is given some padding, especially if she does really well in the SP and has a TEB-type FS. I don't think a score approaching 70 is out of the question for an ABSOLUTELY clean Czisny SP performance.
    Oh of course not, considering Rachael Flatt and flutzy Sasha both nearly hit the 70 mark last season for their SPs, and Mirai broke 70 when she was like, 14. Alissa just can't totally bomb her SP like she did last season, because then she could very well end up skating in the penultimate group for the FS and will be less likely to receive PCS padding. If she has a step out or one fall in the SP, she should be fine, but she can't fall on her first jump, double her second, and not do a combination like she did last season and expect to skate in the final warmup for the FS. Her FS can be a mess and she should still get a decent score, even if she has a lot of downgrades, she usually cracks 100 even internationally for 2 fall, 3 triple performances.

Page 5 of 20 FirstFirst ... 3456715 ... LastLast