View Poll Results: Which US ladies will make the World Team?

Voters
237. You may not vote on this poll
  • Mirai Nagasu

206 86.92%
  • Rachael Flatt

140 59.07%
  • Christina Gao

11 4.64%
  • Agnes Zawadzki

8 3.38%
  • Alissa Czisny

105 44.30%
  • Ashley Wagner

39 16.46%
  • Amanda Dobbs

2 0.84%
  • Vanessa Lam

3 1.27%
  • Samantha Cesario

3 1.27%
  • Other

3 1.27%
Multiple Choice Poll.
Page 2 of 9 FirstFirst 1234 ... LastLast
    vCash
    Alissa is polling above Ashley

vCash
    I think what happens at the GPF and JGPF will have an effect on the results. Rachael and Alissa will both be at the GPF, and if neither medals then I don't think it makes too big a difference who finishes ahead of the other. However, if one of them medals and the other doesn't do so well, I do think it will make a difference. Clean Alissa could win the whole thing or at least bring home silver, but she could also very easily finish in 6th place. As for Rachael, I don't think she will win but do think she has a good shot at silver or bronze depending on how others do. So if Alissa is say 2nd and Rachael 5th and they both skate pretty well there, Alissa will be heavy edge going into nationals. But if Rachael is say 3rd and Alissa 6th, then Rachael will be heavy edge going into nationals. If they are both say 4th and 5th, then I don't think it will hold much impact, sort of like we saw with Ashley last season.

The other thing is that if Christina can win gold at the JGPF I think that will help her chances of making the World team. I mean, Adelina Sotnikova has put up the highest overall score this season, so if Christina can defeat her at the JGPF, that looks really good. Even if she ends up 2nd, if her scores are up there with the 1st place finisher that will look really good. At this point Christina is probably the favorite to win bronze at the JGPF - behind Adelina and Liza, and if she does end up 3rd that will help her going into nationals but maybe not that much. If she finished OTP there then I suspect she might be held down in PCS at nationals.

vCash
    I think Mirai and Rachael. Alissa is inconsistent, but she has a chance too and so does Ashley. The younger girls will go to Junior Worlds I think. Agnes is good jumper and has decent spins, so maybe she can be on the podium if other girls will not skate clean. Christina needs to work on her skating skills, posture, lines, spins and presentation first, she is good junior skater, but not exceptional (and I think she has no chance against clean Liza and clean or almost clean Adelina at the JGPF) and not ready yet. BTW, why Lam is on the list? She is too young for Worlds anyway.
    Personally I'd like to see Mirai and Ashley on the team

vCash
    Quote Originally Posted by Polymer Bob View Post
    I think Ashley has a good chance, and I am still hoping Caroline can whip herself into shape by Nationals.
    You are such a good fan PB. Poor Caroline did not even make this list.

I think the best team would be Alissa and Mirai.

vCash
    Quote Originally Posted by Autumn_girl View Post
    BTW, why Lam is on the list? She is too young for Worlds anyway.
    Lam turned 15 this past June so she is old enough for Four Continents and Worlds this season, although Junior Worlds seems to be a more feasible option for her.

Quote Originally Posted by kittyjake5 View Post
    Poor Caroline did not even make this list.
    Well, pinky166 is a big fan of Dobbs and Cesario.
    Last edited by Sylvia; 11-30-2010 at 11:40 PM.

vCash
    I voted Alissa and Mirai.

Yeah, we'll see how that goes.

vCash
    Quote Originally Posted by oleada View Post
    I voted Alissa and Mirai.

Yeah, we'll see how that goes.
    Glutton for punishment are you? Wouldn't it be amazing if they both were mostly consistent?

vCash
    Quote Originally Posted by olympic View Post
    Glutton for punishment are you? Wouldn't it be amazing if they both were mostly consistent?
    But their skating is soooo pretty!

Did I mention I was a Sasha fan as well? I just can't resist the headcase types.

vCash
    Quote Originally Posted by Sylvia View Post

Well, pinky166 is a big fan of Dobbs and Cesario.
    I was going to put Caroline on the list but I figured no one would vote for her. Overhauling technique is a 2 year process, so I don't think she'll be quite ready come nationals.

Lam is old enough for Worlds, I put her on the list where she skated so well at the JGP in Ostrava and beat Polina Shelepen.

If Adelina is clean or almost clean at the JGPF, I think you're right and Christina won't beat her, but I really think Christina can beat Liza, especially if Liza does not attempt or does not land the 3a. Liza is still pretty juniorish and doesn't have the best spins or presentation either, and the score she put up on her 1st JGP was not that impressive. I also think there's a good chance one of Adelina or Liza will mess up there, and if they do then Christina has a good shot at winning gold.

vCash
    Voted for Mirai and Alissa. Two alternatives are Gao and Zawadzki, young guns.
    This too will pass away.

vCash
    Not that this is the thread about it but Liza probably has the best jump technique of anyone at the GPF, and it's not like Christina is a good spinner herself. Liza beat her pretty soundly at the JGP in Germany.

Back on track...

Mirai and Alissa. Pretty

vCash
    Quote Originally Posted by pinky166 View Post
    I was going to put Caroline on the list but I figured no one would vote for her.
    There are 3 votes for "Other" as of now... OK, 'fess up! Who voted for Caroline Zhang besides Polymer Bob? Or which other lady or ladies?

vCash
    Mirai is the best chance to medal for the US ladies. If Czisny medals (or is close to) at GPF and beats Flatt, USFS should send Czisny because she would have shown consistency this year. Then have Rachael as the alternate. If Czisny doesnt, Flatt should go to worlds and Czisny should be the next alternate. Ashley doesnt seem like a competitor amongst the three other girls but ahead of the rest of the pack, and i hope Zhang can be up to Ashley standards again in a year or two, probably not this year.

I think everyone is focusing on worlds that they're forgetting jr worlds! I like Gao's skating but she had yet to prove herself in the senior field. Give her a berth after her first senior GP event! Dont rush her into it, most people would feel a lot of pressure and crack. I really hope Gao, Lam, and Zawadzki go to Jr Worlds. They would assure us JGP spots for next year and would help them in PCS come their senior debuts. Who knows, they might make a sweep at the podium . (a guy can hope~~~)

vCash
    Christina basically has a marvellous 3F-3T and that's about it - everything else is fair to mediocre, IMO. And yet we have Ms. Pinky proclaiming her to be the saviour of U.S. ladies' skating and practically a lock for the World team. Strange; very strange.

I'm going with Mirai and Rachael for Worlds. That isn't my dream team, but I think these two are the most likely to be consistent come Nats and the fact that they made the World and Olympic teams last season can't hurt. Alissa and Ashley are the next most likely to make it, and if they manage to be clean or fairly clean (a divine intervention would be needed in Alissa's case, I'm thinking), the Mirai/Rachael combo could be in jeopardy. The Nats judges have proven to be very favourable towards Ashley and Alissa - the former's flutzes have been completely ignored in the past, and we all know how Alissa was scored in 2009.

vCash
    Quote Originally Posted by mrinalini View Post
    Christina basically has a marvellous 3F-3T and that's about it - everything else is fair to mediocre, IMO. And yet we have Ms. Pinky proclaiming her to be the saviour of U.S. ladies' skating and practically a lock for the World team. Strange; very strange.
    Pretty much. She's little more than a jumping bean at this point.

vCash
    I'm actually really surprised that everyone is so gun-ho for Mirai. I love her and I'm so glad people are noticing her more to.

I'm also surprised that there weren't any Flatt and Czisny pairings in the comment (there were but none of them were positive)

vCash
    I'm floored anyone has voted for Cesario. She's made some nice progress this season, but I still think several of her jumps look consistently UR. IMO, she is not in the same class as anyone else on this list, including Lam and Dobbs, who are probably the next weakest of those included. I think Caroline will beat Cesario at nationals.

vCash
    Nagasu has the highest potential to medal.
    Flatt has the highest possibility to skate clean.

It's already set. There's no other choice. You can send someone who skated best (better) at nationals when there are three spots.

vCash
    Quote Originally Posted by mgobluegirl View Post
    I'm floored anyone has voted for Cesario. She's made some nice progress this season, but I still think several of her jumps look consistently UR. IMO, she is not in the same class as anyone else on this list, including Lam and Dobbs, who are probably the next weakest of those included. I think Caroline will beat Cesario at nationals.
    I doubt it. Cesario has been skating really well this season and Zhang has not. If she keeps on scoring 81 in the FS, she'll likely be out of the top 10. That doesn't mean she can't make a comeback next season, but I think it's going to take her a little longer than 2 months to get back on track.

Gao was a jumping bean last year but this year her overall skating has really improved. Some of her spins are not great but others are perfectly adequate, like her donut spin and layback spin. It's really only the change foot combination spin that needs work, and she probably is working on that. I wouldn't say Ashley or Rachael have better spins than Christina at this point, and Christina certainly has better quality jumps than both of them. Plus last year the commentators were going goo goo ga ga over her and she didn't even skate that well and her programs were pretty empty, this year I'm sure they'll be even more impressed considering how much she has improved. Plus PCS seem pretty inflated across the board at nationals.

vCash
    Ashley is a really nice spinner, actually. Her layback is gorgeous.

It's not just the spins, anyway, but I doubt you'll get that.

Page 2 of 9 FirstFirst 1234 ... LastLast