Page 5 of 5 FirstFirst ... 345

vCash
    I haven't seen her 4CC programs yet but I was completely blown away by her skating at Nationals. I know that Mao is a driven worker. Even Raphael, who has a reputation for demanding a lot of his skaters, said he had to tell her to get off the ice at the end of the day.

When I saw her skates at Nationals I started thinking she could very well win Worlds this year. This is one occasion where I'm more than happy to be wrong.

vCash
    I just watched Mao's 4CC FS and thought that she looked incredibly lovely.
    However, it seemed to me that while her 3A looked improved the other jumps (and spins) do not seem very different from last year. (Especially the Lutz and Salchow) Is she still working on reworking all the jumps?

vCash
    Quote Originally Posted by urigio View Post
    However, it seemed to me that while her 3A looked improved the other jumps (and spins) do not seem very different from last year. (Especially the Lutz and Salchow) Is she still working on reworking all the jumps?
    Yes she's still working on it.

vCash
    Quote Originally Posted by urigio View Post
    I would hope that her spins are not too different from last year. There is nothing wrong with her spins, so why should she change them?

The axel in FS looked huge and with good speed getting into it!

vCash
    Quote Originally Posted by hanca View Post
    I would hope that her spins are not too different from last year. There is nothing wrong with her spins, so why should she change them?

The axel in FS looked huge and with good speed getting into it!
    I read previously that she got some tips from Kozuka and can now do more revolutions per kick so just assumed that her spins may have changed. Mao always had beautiful spins but her speed can still improve.
    http://www.asahi.com/english/TKY201102030440.html

vCash
    Quote Originally Posted by hanca View Post
    A top skater must always look for ways to improve even if there is nothing wrong with the element. "Nothing wrong" is weak praise indeed. When CoP was first introduced, strong spinners like Sasha Cohen had an advantage because she could do more difficult spins. Now everyone can do those spins so there is no advantage unless you can rack up huge GoE points using speed, number of revolutions, new variations of position.

Whenever you stand still, you allow others to gain on you.

Page 5 of 5 FirstFirst ... 345