Page 1 of 53 1231151 ... LastLast

vCash

Virtue & Moir #9 - What next?

.. Athlete Availability – High Performance Camp – Hershey Centre, Mississauga
    • Skate Canada’s High Performance Camp will be held in Mississauga, Ontario September 9-10
    • Athletes will be available to media on Thursday, September 9 at the Hershey Centre from 10:00 - 14:30
    • Skaters will practice on-ice (video and still photographs permitted) and conduct interviews in a scrum format at times indicated
    • Skate Canada CEO William Thompson and High Performance Director Mike Slipchuk will also be available for interviews during the media scrums

Schedule:
    10:00 – 10:40 – Rink 4 Women’s practice
    Cynthia Phaneuf, Myriane Samson, Diane Szmiett, Amélie Lacoste
    10:40 – 11:00 Women’s media scrum
    10:40 – 11:20 – Rink 4 Men’s practice
    Patrick Chan, Kevin Reynolds, Shawn Sawyer, Jeremy Ten

11:20 – 11:40 Men’s media scrum
    11:45 – 12:05 Pair Team media scrum
    11:35 – 12:55 – Rink 4 Ice Dance practice
    11:35 – 12:15 Kharis Ralph / Asher Hill
    Alexandra Paul / Mitchell Islam
    12:15 – 12:55 Tessa Virtue/Scott Moir
    Vanessa Crone/Paul Poirier
    Kaitlyn Weaver/Andrew Poje
    12:55 – 1:15 – Rink 4 Ice Dance Team media scrum
    13:10 – 14:30 – Rink 4 Pair Teams practice
    13:10 – 13:50 Paige Lawrence / Rudi Swiegers
    Kaleigh Hole / Adam Johnson
    13:50 – 14:30 Jessica Dubé/Bryce Davison
    Mylène Brodeur/ John Mattatall
    Kirsten Moore-Towers / Dylan Moscovitch
    To attend this media availability, please e-mail bmacdonald@skatecanada.ca to register in advance.

Hope we will have more information soon. Maybe some videos and photos - will be cool! Cant waite to watch something from C-P programs too

vCash
    Cant wait for Skate Canada. I've never seen C & P live and looking forward to V & M's new programs.............I'm sure they'll be awsome as usual
    Addicted to FSU

vCash
    Will someone attened High Performance Camp? Will we have some reports from the traning session?

vCash
    Oh, me nerves ! Can't wait ( but I must ) for reports, clips, stills from some of these programs..What is it ..3 more sleeps ?

Crazy Stalker Lady
    vCash
    Ha! They have a book coming out in November! Can't believe I've not heard anything about it until I found this

http://www.anansi.ca/titles.cfm?pub_id=1451

Anyone know anything about anansi? I've never heard of it, but then I lead a sheltered life

Answering my own question anansi is a Canadian literary publisher. Tessa and Scott is also listed on amazon.

vCash
    There was a book by Neil Gaiman called Anansi Boys. In the book, Anansi was an African (Ashanti) spider god. (BTW, it was a very interesting book. I enjoyed it.)

Here's another book about Anansi:

http://books.google.com/books?id=E5U...page&q&f=false
    Last edited by DORISPULASKI; 09-08-2010 at 02:46 AM.

Crazy Stalker Lady
    vCash
    Quote Originally Posted by DORISPULASKI View Post
    There was a book by Neil Gaiman called Anansi Boys. In the book, Anansi was an African (Ashanti) spider god. (BTW, it was a very interesting book. I enjoyed it.)

Here's another book about Anansi:

http://books.google.com/books?id=E5U...page&q&f=false
    Actually Doris I wanted to know about anansi the publisher since I'd never heard of them and wanted to know if they're legit. It appears that they are. But thanks anyway

INTJ
    vCash
    Quote Originally Posted by clarie View Post
    Cant wait for Skate Canada. I've never seen C & P live and looking forward to V & M's new programs.............I'm sure they'll be awsome as usual
    I saw C&P practice at the Olympics and they put a spell on the building. I was blown away!
    "Beautiful things don't ask for attention." -The Secret Life of Walter Mitty

vCash
    Anansi is an excellent publishing house. They publish quality fiction (often nominated for literary prizes) and non-fiction.

The author who will be working with Tessa and Scott on the book is Steve Milton, a journalist who has covered figure skating for years and has written many other skating books. (His book Skate Talk comes to mind; it was very good - a set of short, insightful essays based on skaters' personal feelings and experiences in the sport. For example, there was a lovely story from Toller Cranston about his memories of Sergei Grinkov, titled "An Olympic Champion's Hand". I highly recommend the book - you could probably find it through your library.)

Since this is a "T&S as told to Steve Milton" book it will be a narrative told from their perspective, not an investigative or analytical piece of writing, but they have chosen highly-reputable people to work with. I'm really pleased about that.

Crazy Stalker Lady
    vCash
    Yes I was pleased about Steve Milton also. I'm familiar with his other books, just wasn't familiar with anansi.

vCash
    PJ Kwong blog with Scott
    http://apps.pjkwong.com/blog/

vCash
    Moir, Virtue want to do more
    Golden pair choose to continue skating

http://www.torontosun.com/sports/oth.../15297671.html

vCash
    Boy, I thought at least some word would have come out of high performance camp by now.. y'now,at least.. looked great in practice..or..so and so had a really neat lift... I know we Canadians are notoriously bad spies , but this is pretty grim.

vCash
    Wrong thread

vCash
    Seems pretty either /or to me. You mean if I found out "what's next" from high performance camp, you wouldn't want me to say so here..? I'll take it wherever I can get it , myself..

vCash
    No words from HPC...... Sad. I hope to have some more information about Skate Canada reaction on Tessa and Scott new programs.
    And look, like Tessa and Scott really want to do something werid, but Marina and Igor said them they coudnt mde this because of ISU rules - sad, sad, sad.
    Photo from Skatebuzz
    ww.skatebuzz.com/Default.aspx
    Young fresh love againe?

vCash
    Cheer up pani..It doesn't sound like they're being sat on to me..Every team has to be a bit in the dark as to how the judges are going to react to the new rules. It's all a big guessing game 'til they get some reaction.

And they all might want to experiment, but they want to win , too.

The picture could be from the Waltz SD ,or maybe not even from this year's programs. I'm waiting anxiously to hear more..

vCash
    When they show there PF FD first time at HPC there was a big buzz about innovation FD i dont talk about Mahler FD.
    I hope we will have more information about programs

vCash
    Hershey Centre hosts skaters
    http://www.mississauga.com/sports/sports/article/872011

A nice picture of Tessa and Scott!!

vCash
    pani, pani....take a deep breath and don't panic yet. in the PF year, HPC was open to the public..so we can't expect the same level of kibbitzing. I'm with you..I want to hear something.. but we don't want you to be a complete wreck before the season begins..

Page 1 of 53 1231151 ... LastLast