Page 1 of 2 12 LastLast
    Crazy Stalker Lady
    vCash

Scott Hamilton has another brain surgery (he's ok)

Scott Hamilton recovering well after brain surgery
    http://www.celebrities-with-diseases...ery-10848.html
    In the end, the aneurism was successfully removed, but at a cost. Hamilton lost two-thirds of the sight in his right eye, a known risk of the non-invasive surgery used to treat the condition.
    Scott Hamilton Bouncing Back After Brain Surgery, Aneurysm
    http://www.people.com/people/article...445123,00.html
    "I tried to stay positive through all this," says Hamilton, who years ago overcame testicular cancer and a pituitary gland tumor. "But in back of my mind, I felt, 'I'm getting knocked down and I'm not sure if I can get back up.' "
    Poor guy - it just seems like one thing after another, but he sure seems to deal well with all the stuff that comes his way. Don't like his commentating at all, but gotta love his good humor, and fighting spirit, and will to keep going in a good way.

vCash
    Didn't he have a surgery a few months ago? Poor guy.

Crazy Stalker Lady
    vCash
    Quote Originally Posted by MikiAndoFan#1 View Post
    Didn't he have a surgery a few months ago? Poor guy.
    Last June.

moving right along
    vCash
    I think this article is talking about the surgery that occurred last June.

"Scott Hamilton is back on the mend after an operation to have a brain tumour, and later an aneurism, removed."

The point of the article is that even after all that, he's plowed through and is mending and raising money to fight cancer, etc.

Crazy Stalker Lady
    vCash
    Quote Originally Posted by LadyNit View Post
    I think this article is talking about the surgery that occurred last June.

"Scott Hamilton is back on the mend after an operation to have a brain tumour, and later an aneurism, removed."

The point of the article is that even after all that, he's plowed through and is mending and raising money to fight cancer, etc.
    Well the I'm a bit confused cos there's suddenly a slew of articles dated today and yesterday saying he had this 2nd non invasive surgery. Anyway I had no idea he'd lost most of his eye sight in one eye so I thought it was new info.

vCash
    How sad, when I was ten I was able to skate with Scott in Sun Valley, Idaho. My coach Jim Tester took me there for several weeks one Summer. Scott took time out to help me with barrel rolls I was working on. Thanks for keeping us updated, I pray he can recover.

-Dale

vCash
    Quote Originally Posted by alilou View Post
    Anyway I had no idea he'd lost most of his eye sight in one eye
    I didn't either. That's just awful.

vCash
    Whatever you think of his skating (I like it), the man is, along with Brian Orser and Kurt Browning the man who got Stars On Ice on the road. God, I wish him a full recovery.

podcast mistress
    Ready to interview Uncle Dickie at any time.
    vCash
    Quote Originally Posted by alilou View Post

Poor guy - it just seems like one thing after another, but he sure seems to deal well with all the stuff that comes his way. Don't like his commentating at all, but gotta love his good humor, and fighting spirit, and will to keep going in a good way.
    Agreed. Hate his commentary, but pretty much adore everything else about him.
    In my spare time, I like to interview figure skating legends.

vCash
    Wishing Scotty a full recovery! I had the pleasure of meeting him briefly once, and he was super-nice. He was late to an appointment but he insisted on staying to sign everyone's autograph before leaving because he didn't want to disappoint anyone.
    "Marge, if you're going to get mad at me every time I do something stupid, then I guess I'm just going to have to stop doing stupid things!" - Homer Simpson in the Mr. Plow episode

Sending my thoughts and prayers to the people of Elliott Lake :(
    vCash
    Oh man...Just when you think Scott's finally gotten through the worst of his battles w/the tumours, both cancerous and benign, we hear about this. Glad the worst of the "What if...?" w/the Aneurysm was only the vision loss. My cousin's husband developed an Aneurysm that by the time symptoms showed themselves, it not only burst, but he also suffered two severe strokes.

He's going to need round the clock nursing care for the rest of his life and the only reason he hasn't died in the close to fifteen years since is because my cousin is a Nurse, therefore she can take care of him at home w/the help of Family. Still hasn't been easy, especially as their two sons were entering their early teens when everything happened, and I admire that Lady more than I can say. Anyway...

The reason why I said all of that is just so everyone understands why I said things could have been so much worse w/Scotty than just losing the majority of his vision in his right eye. Because I do know how much worse things could have been and I'd give just about everything to not have that first hand knowledge.

Happy to see Scotty's got his fighting spirit and humour back. I hope and pray for him and his Family this is the last medical battle Scotty's got to fight for a very long time now.

vCash
    Glad they were able to take care of the problem.So sorry to read he's lost alot of his sight,but I hope he continues to recover and bounce back.He's such a fighter.

vCash
    Scott has had such a run of health problems. Just like to wish him all the best.

vCash
    Really wishing him the best.

(And for the record, I actually LIKE most of his commentary!)

vCash
    He's not my favourite commentator but It's really nice to hear he's ok after such serious surgery

vCash
    Quote Originally Posted by Ice Ramps View Post
    How sad, when I was ten I was able to skate with Scott in Sun Valley, Idaho. My coach Jim Tester took me there for several weeks one Summer. Scott took time out to help me with barrel rolls I was working on. Thanks for keeping us updated, I pray he can recover.

-Dale
    Barrell rolls: OMG! More like splattarolls the one time I was tricked into trying them, as a very young skater.

That's one thing I've always heard about Hamilton, he's a very inspiring and fun skate teacher.

Best wishes to Hamilton, recover fast.

vCash
    If I had to pick a favorite commentator it probably would be Scott.

Just thought I'd mention that in case Scott is reading the thread.

He's a great personality. And I think he has a billion fans wishing him well. I'm one of them.

Yay Scott!

vCash
    Wow that is really bad news. Hoping that he will recover well.
    When you are up to your arse in alligators it is difficult to remember you were only meant to be draining the swamp.

vCash
    So sad to hear that Scott continues to have such serious health problems. The guy has really had more than his fair share.

Say what you will about Scott, he's a fighter and I have to admire his positive attitude and sense of humor. I'm sure these traits have served him well in his health-related battles.

All the best to him. He really seems like such a great person.

vCash
    I sometimes enjoy his way OTT commentary. I feel excited with a truly great performance commented by Scott Hamilton. He can be way too much for an entire competition, I agree
    anyway, wish him all the best and speedy recovery (didn't he took part in Skate America?)

Page 1 of 2 12 LastLast