Page 2 of 2 FirstFirst 12

vCash
    Quote Originally Posted by pumba View Post
    Krylova/Ovsiannikov planned to skate to Carmina Burana in 1999/2000.
    Instead they skated their pros routine to it a couple of seasons later.
    Yes that would have ben very interesting a battle of Carminas

I would love a dance couple to use this music D/W could be amazing ?

vCash
    Quote Originally Posted by MR-FAN View Post
    He skated the competitive version at the 2009 Japan open, and it was a clean performance (no 3-axels though.) It really was stunning (But I still like Ararat more )
    Even without the 3 axels, I thought that skate was far superior to any of the skates that won medals at the Olympics a few months later.

Although imagine the controversy if someone without a quad AND a 3 axel won the Olympic gold.

vCash
    Quote Originally Posted by nuge View Post
    Yes that would have ben very interesting a battle of Carminas

I would love a dance couple to use this music D/W could be amazing ?
    No, they'd be compared with A/P and no choreography from S/Z camp would ever stand up.

What they should do is use Duel of the Fates - that is great music, hasnt been used before [that I know of], and has that CB vibe to it.

ETA - I heard that Zueva did a Samson & Delilah FD for B/K, but then they went to Tarasova and she changed their programs, so AFAIK that dance was never seen.

vCash
    Quote Originally Posted by Tak View Post
    ETA - I heard that Zueva did a Samson & Delilah FD for B/K, but then they went to Tarasova and she changed their programs, so AFAIK that dance was never seen.
    A friend and I were wondering how different that Samson and Delilah would have been from D&W's version. Other than the changes in the technical requirements of the new scoring system that is.

vCash
    Stephane Lambiel's "Summertime" SP for the 2008-2009 season. He had the "Otoño Porteño" tango for his LP in that season and performed it in 2009 Nebelhorn (and a reduced version in some galas), but we never saw that SP.

vCash
    The LP by Michael Chack that won him a bronze medal, but was "chacked" by ABC: US Nats 1993 in Phoenix.

S&B's programs for this year. V&M's programs for this year. Both were said to have been choreographed, but the teams are on the injured list.

D&W's Amelie with the typewriter in it It sounds very interesting.
    It was skated at Champs camp.
    I keep hoping someone made a video.

vCash
    The ones I immediately thought of were Lang/Tchernyshev's 03-04 programmes. The OD was performed at an exhibition, and both were practiced at Nationals, but neither were ever televised. The FD was supposed to be to Emma Chaplin.
    “What’s on the revengenda this evening?” – Nolan Ross

vCash
    Quote Originally Posted by Parsley Sage View Post
    A friend and I were wondering how different that Samson and Delilah would have been from D&W's version. Other than the changes in the technical requirements of the new scoring system that is.
    I think all the CoP elements that are now required would mean major changes to the way the dance looked, even if she was using the same music [which I dont know what music B/K used]. But I agree it would be really interesting to see that program and compare it. Unfortunately, I think if anybody out there had a video of it, it would have surfaced by now.

vCash
    Quote Originally Posted by casken View Post
    I'm interested to know if either of those are true. The A&P one was based on a comment from just one poster, but I remember a few people who said they observed G&P working on a Carmen program in practice at the time.
    If I remember correctly, A&P were already training Liberta in summer.

Page 2 of 2 FirstFirst 12