Page 5 of 25 FirstFirst ... 3456715 ... LastLast
    vCash
    Quote Originally Posted by meggonzo View Post
    what was wrong with Jen? lack of sleep? she was acting so odd!
    That was my first thought, but in watching the replay she had some odd moments throughout the whole challenge. I realize that it is hard to go without sleep, but usually one night won't send you over the edge. If this was a later challenge I would have believed it to be sleep deprivation. It would be interesting to know the timeline. How soon after the challenge did they have judge's table? When did they film the interview segments? Did the cheftestants have a chance to rest between the actual challenge and the judging.

I know that in season 4 some of the cheftestants said that wth the Wedding Wars challenge that they stayed up all night to complete it, but that they had about 6-8 hours between the end of that challenge and the judge's table. They were asked tp put on the same clothes and do their hair the same make it look like it happened at the same time.

I'm all for a chef defending a dish. That is what they should be doing and how they should feel about what they do. However, Jen's behavior was more defiant than anything. She was rolling her eyes, crossing her arms and tossing her head as soon as she realized they had lost. Did she realize that she had a good chance of going home? I wonder what was left on the cutting room floor that would explain her behavior.

vCash
    "Jen All-Stars"

Too bad she didn't survive this challenge, because I loved that take-no-prisoners force of nature. I do believe, ala Tom's "it's the dish that matters" comments, that she was cut due to the soggy "bacon" versus her F-U back-talk and body language. All of her teammates cringed at that dish.

Marcel ... deluded and petulant as ever. Angelo's decision [unilateral? we doubt that, Marcel, I'm sure that Blaise agreed] to make the chunks smaller may have won the challenge for the three of you. But please don't change! Watching your high opinion of yourself manifest itself is must-see TV.

Fabio's comments about being the last chef chosen for teams (or "not chosen" I suppose would be more accurate), and why he chose Spike's team. Friggin loving Fab so far.

Gay Dale and Asian Dale were on their one-liner games! GD calling Tiffani's team (all girls plus Tre and he) "the Spice Girls and their bodyguard" and Spike's team (the other guys plus Carla) "the cool guys and their babysitter ... Carla".

And then there's AD, who on the one hand, seems to have nothing positive to say about anything or anyone -- ever. (And I don't buy that he'd never heard of the Jonas Brothers.) On the other hand, he got in some great zingers last night. Faux threatening to make Nyquil the main ingredient for his dish for the brats. Then, lamenting that working for Spike on Spike's Quickfire dish will be like "making chicken soup out of chicken shit."

vCash
    I think this has to be one of the funniest episodes ever. I'm sure everyone in Manhattan could hear me howling in Queens. Gay Dale gets the prize for funniest lines of the night. Add that to the overexcited kids and the sleeping cots for the cheftestants - what more could you want? I so wanted to be at that slumber party. Great, great episode - TAR, I think Padma and Co. are going to take you down again.

vCash
    ^ This. Last night's episode really was Emmy worthy ... had "it all". (Thanks, Jen.)

Better than anything TAR has put out this season. Though The Amazing Race, with ASOMG! (All-Stars Oh My Gravy!), gets a second chance to impress this Emmy season.

vCash
    Quote Originally Posted by emason View Post
    I think this has to be one of the funniest episodes ever. I'm sure everyone in Manhattan could hear me howling in Queens. Gay Dale gets the prize for funniest lines of the night. Add that to the overexcited kids and the sleeping cots for the cheftestants - what more could you want? I so wanted to be at that slumber party. Great, great episode - TAR, I think Padma and Co. are going to take you down again.
    I heart Dale so much. He was on fire last night...and so was Jenn I wish Jenn was still there, but soggy bacon is not good, everybody knows that. I'm actually surprised at how well Spike is cooking. I was expecting him and Stephen to be the first two to go.
    Logic is in the eye of the logician --Gloria Steinem

vCash
    Frankly, Jen missed the best possible comeback... "I didn't know dinosaurs used salt."
    AceOn6, the golf loving skating fan

vCash
    They re-aired Stephen and Tiffani's season yesterday. I'm a bit :HUH: at Stephen saying in the first episode that he never had to make the dishes he made, since he is shownmaking and wrapping them in the Commitment Ceremony Wedding Challenge which he was eliminated during.

vCash
    These quickfire challenges are BRUTAL. I could see this challenge setting the scene for so many smackdowns later on.
    "The practice of sport is a human right. Every individual must have the possibility of practicing sport, without discrimination of any kind and in the Olympic spirit, which requires mutual understanding with a spirit of friendship, solidarity and fair play." –Olympic Charter

vCash
    Fabio's comment about Angelo's pants was .
    Creating drama!

vCash
    Granted I didn't eat Tiffani's actual dish, I've eaten Melon frozen with liquid nitrogen before and it was quite good. I wonder what went wrong with hers.

vCash
    Quote Originally Posted by jeffisjeff View Post
    Fabio has such great one liners. I'm wondering if he's going home though.

vCash
    I personally think it should have been Fabio and Stephen, instead of Dale and Stephen, but I wasn't terribly surprised about Dale.

vCash
    Quote Originally Posted by LordCirque View Post
    I personally think it should have been Fabio and Stephen, instead of Dale and Stephen, but I wasn't terribly surprised about Dale.
    I wasn't all that surprised about Dale either, but I didn't really want him to go home.

vCash
    I knew he was a goner when Casey expressed concern. If Casey expresses concern about your dish and Angelo offers help, you might as well just quit there and then and not even bother with the hassle of finishing the dish and the inevitable loser's judges' table.
    "The practice of sport is a human right. Every individual must have the possibility of practicing sport, without discrimination of any kind and in the Olympic spirit, which requires mutual understanding with a spirit of friendship, solidarity and fair play." –Olympic Charter

vCash
    Quote Originally Posted by Matryeshka View Post
    If Casey expresses concern about your dish and Angelo offers help, you might as well just quit there and then and not even bother with the hassle of finishing the dish and the inevitable loser's judges' table.
    Oh, geez, you're not one of those are you? Those who really fall for the show's forced that Angelo is Agent Saboteur. Groan. Preview indicates that Tiffany at least (and without seeing I'd add perhaps Marcel) may be making a deal about this again(!) next episode. (And I'll venture a bet that they've even won the challenge )

Give it a rest, Tiff ... even you were among the unanimous chorus during last season's reunion who agreed that Angelo was not truly trying to screw people over. My smarmy boy really is trying to help, but the people he's helping just don't have his technical skills ... ergo, they fail at executing what he's suggesting.
    Last edited by Beefcake; 12-16-2010 at 03:22 PM.

vCash
    Quote Originally Posted by jeffisjeff View Post
    Loved that. Also when Padma said "hello, ladies" during the Quickfire ... to Antonia, Casey, Jamie, and Dale. And Dale's "eh, yeh, kinda, whatreyagonnado" reaction made it sweeter and funnier.

But, wow, EXCELLENT season thus far. I was enthralled the entire hour ... intense Quickfire, very cool peek into some of the most interesting restaurants in NYC, so much talent among the chefs, and the - mostly - good-natured pointy jousts between the chefs.

vCash
    Great episode...lots of drama.
    Did anyone see Tom on Andy Cohen's aftershow?

vCash
    Quote Originally Posted by Sparks View Post
    Great episode...lots of drama.
    Did anyone see Tom on Andy Cohen's aftershow?
    I did. Tom was nicer than I thought he might be. I thought he was very nice to Jenn on the phone and was glad that she seemed a lot happier and less angry now. Amy Sedaris was fabulous. I don't think it's been posted, but here is the link to Eric Riepert's video blog about Elia's accusations toward Tom C. I've always had a ton of respect for Riepert, but that video was , , and all in one.

vCash
    Quote Originally Posted by Beefcake View Post
    Oh, geez, you're not one of those are you? Those who really fall for the show's forced that Angelo is Agent Saboteur. Groan. .
    Course I am. It's more fun that way. There has to be a bad guy, and since Angelo is dark and good looking and kinda coo coo for CoaCoa Puffs, he fits the role nicely. For an hour or hour and fifteen minutes each Wednesday, I like to buy what they're selling.

Reality TV's Bytch
    vCash
    What has Elia been saying about Tom C.?

Page 5 of 25 FirstFirst ... 3456715 ... LastLast